About the sciatic nerve disease. In some cases, the cause of pinching the sciatic nerve is spasm.
Pinched spasmodic pear-shaped muscle the sciatic nerve can lead to its inflammation, which is associated with the spread of pain on the back of the same leg.
Pain usually occurs: from hard work, excessive exercise in the gym, long running, prolonged sitting, as well as from various injuries and wounds.
There is local pain with deep palpation in the center. buttocks with numbness, parasthesia (sensations of numbness, tingling, crawling) in the lower legs, foot and the buttock in the innervation zone of the sciatic nerve.
Blockade pear muscle Novocaine greatly facilitates the condition. Positive symptom Bonnet – increased pain in the prone position while bringing bent in knee joint legs (
Confirm piriformis syndrome it is possible for symptomatology, as well as with the help of MTP (tomography can show exhausted or overstressed pear-shaped muscle), there is still a new method of neuroimaging.
what is the reason piriformis syndrome?
- Weak gluteus muscles, as a result, the load on the pear muscle is increased.
- Subluxation in the hip and the sacroiliac joint, which imposes an additional burden on piriformis.
- Filling up feet (ankles) inward when walking, again, excessively engages the pear-shaped muscle.
- Pinched nerve root at the level of the first sacral vertebra leads to pathological stress pear muscle.
- Injury (severe injury, injury), which can lead to muscle strain (in this case, exercises from yoga to stretch the muscles may be ineffective).
How can exercise help?
- First, the soft stretch of the clamped muscle will help her to relax.
- Secondly, to improve blood circulation in the area of pinching of the sciatic nerve.
- Thirdly, to help achieve general relaxation, which will lead to private muscle relaxation.
- Fourth, improve the functioning of the sacroiliac and hip joints.
It should be noted that these exercises are auxiliary. It is necessary to get a comprehensive treatment from a neurologist and use the exercises only as an important addition. Manual therapy, in particular, PIR (fasting isometric relaxation) can help relax spastic muscle. Surely positive massage affected buttocks, or self-massage with rolls on a tennis ball.
Exercises for syndrome pear muscle
I note that all the exercises need to be done slowly and carefully, if there is an opportunity, be sure to visit the classes of a qualified instructor so that it is clear how to do the exercises. Breathing should be calm and slow, without delay. Need to breathe through the nose.
Do not do exercises for patients with knees, hip joints, after operations that exercise is prohibited during pregnancy.
It should be added that the pinching of the sciatic nerve can be triggered by closing the nerve roots at the level of lumbar vertebrae.
Sit on a mat or bedding and straighten your legs. Alternately pull out buttocks arms back and sit on the sciatic bone. Bend the right leg at the knee and place next to knee left foot. With a breath, extend your left arm vertically upwards. With the exhale, get the elbow of the left hand behind the right knee, and put your right hand back and put it on your fingers on the floor behind your back. Keep your back straight! Shoulder girdle parallel to the floor. Look right behind the left shoulder. There should be no pain. Perform a twist on 15-20 deep breaths. With a breath, return to the starting position, take a rest, change legs and do the twisting in the other direction.
For better stretching pear muscle foot bent legs can be rearranged for knee straight.