What do the numbers mean when measuring pressure?
The severity of blood pressure (BP) characterizes the correct functioning of the cardiovascular system. This is true for any age. There are 2 blood pressure parameters:
- The force with which the heart muscle pushes blood into the bloodstream is called systolic blood pressure. At the time of release it is maximum. This parameter determines the frequency of contractions of the heart, the resistance of the vascular bed and the force of contraction of the heart muscle.
- After relaxation of the heart muscle in the vessels, the pressure level maintained by the resistance of the vascular wall is maintained. It is called diastolic. The larger the vessel, the higher the pressure in it. Vascular oscillations characterized by a decrease in the amplitude are the vessels that are as far from the heart as possible (capillaries and veins).
What does pressure depend on?
The severity of the patient’s blood pressure depends on several factors:
- Age Children are born with a minimum level of blood pressure. With age, it increases. At age 13, normal blood pressure is lower than at 16, and at 17 is higher than at 14.
- Paul’s This factor is most characteristic in puberty. For a teenager is characterized by hormonal adjustment. In boys and girls, this process begins at different times. Therefore, in 7 – 10 years old, the blood pressure in girls is higher, and in 14 – 16 years – lower than in boys.
- Weights The occurrence of arterial hypertension in obesity is one of the factors for the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Alcohol and tobacco abuse.
What influences the severity of blood pressure during the day?
The following factors affect the level of blood pressure:
- Times of Day;
- the position of the patient (sitting, standing, lying);
- the level of physical activity before the measurement;
- psychological state of the patient: on the background of stress, blood pressure indicators are higher; this category includes hypertension in the form of a “white robe”;
- medications that affect hemodynamic parameters (antihypertensive drugs and
What hell should be in adolescents?
There are several options for determining normal arterial blood pressure in adolescents. For this fit:
- Tables based on tachooscylography. According to him at the age of 10 – 11 years, a pressure of 98 – 133 at 50 – 78 is considered a normal indicator. If a teenager is 12 – 13 years old, then a pressure of 108 – 142 at 42 – 80 mm Hg will be considered normal. Art. For those who have reached the age of 14–15, the age indices are normalized by the level of 112–150 to 50–82. By the period of 16–18 years, the blood pressure will reach 112–146 by 58–79 mm Hg. Art.
- Formulas for calculating blood pressure in accordance with age. To calculate the systolic blood pressure, you must multiply the child’s age by a factor of 1.7 and add 83 to the result. The systolic pressure will be 14 x 1.7 + 83 = 107. The diastolic blood pressure will be 64.
- Correlation tables of age, gender and weight.
Why do teenagers have blood pressure fluctuating?
Changes in blood pressure are due to the following reasons:
- Hormonal shift. During puberty, the concentration of not only sex hormones changes. Changes the level of production of substances that affect the degree of rise in blood pressure (vasopressin, renin and
Methods of normalizing blood pressure in adolescents
In hypertension or hypotension, a teenager should receive medical care. Depending on the type of pressure disorder and its causes, different methods of treatment will be recommended:
- With a tendency to lower blood pressure it is necessary to increase the tone of the body. To do this, use hardening, exercise, herbal medicine (Eleutherococcus, Schizandra, green tea, rosemary).
- With increasing blood pressure, it is recommended to normalize weight, nutrition, exercise.