Nausea is an unpleasant and sometimes painful symptom, often resulting in vomiting. A feeling of nausea occurs in the upper abdomen and is accompanied by gag reflexes.
Rarely nausea can indicate a violation of the diet or lack of eaten foods, but regular nausea that occurs after each meal, usually indicates serious disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Possible causes leading to nausea
Pancreatitis can cause nausea.
Constant, regular nausea causes anxiety, fear, refusal to eat and a sharp weight loss.
When poisoning and eating fatty foods nausea usually lasts no more than 1-2 days, if this unpleasant symptom appears daily and for a long time, this indicates a serious violation of the digestive system.
It is not recommended to eliminate nausea by any home remedies without ascertaining the reasons; this can blur the clinical picture and lead to serious consequences.
If you are sick after each meal for a long time, be sure to consult a doctor and get tested. Such nausea can be a sign of serious and dangerous diseases, the treatment of which should begin immediately.
- Pancreatitis. With inflammation of the pancreas, pain is primarily felt. The pain can be very strong, unbearable, causing painful shock in the patient. After removing the pain syndrome, nausea and vomiting may occur, belching. If a diet is not observed after pancreatic disruption, nausea can occur after any meal.
- Cholecystitis. The gallbladder is located in the right hypochondrium, and with cholecystitis in this place there is a dull pain, which occurs, as a rule, unexpectedly. In addition to pain, nausea and vomiting are common signs of cholecystitis.
- Appendicitis. When appendicitis also often appears nausea and emetic urge, as well as fever, diarrhea, weakness. All this makes the inflammation of the appendix similar to the usual poisoning. However, constant nausea with appendicitis can not be, as the disease develops quickly and requires immediate surgical intervention. Some time nausea is present at the very beginning, when inflammatory processes are just beginning.
- Renal failure. This disease is accompanied by many symptoms, for example, a decrease in the amount of urine or its complete absence. As a result of urinary retention, intoxication of the body begins, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, edema, and abdominal pain. With chronic renal failure, nausea can also appear regularly. This disease requires constant monitoring and treatment.
How to eliminate nausea?
Zerukal – a good tool to combat nausea.
There are many options for how to eliminate nausea when it is urgently needed, but it is worth remembering that regular nausea requires a compulsory examination and identification of its causes. It is the root cause of this unpleasant symptoms that need to be treated.
- Medication for nausea. Most of the nausea take Motilak, Zerakal. These drugs eliminate nausea and vomiting in various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, infections. They relieve nausea of any etiology, but have contraindications, they can be taken for a long time only according to the testimony of a doctor.
- Herbal decoctions. Take herbal decoctions during pregnancy can only be prescribed by a doctor and in the absence of allergy. To relieve nausea helps decoction of chamomile, mint, green and ginger teas.
- Adjust the course of treatment. At the time of taking various drugs, nausea can occur as a side effect. Nausea and vomiting are frequent side effects of almost any drug, so in this case, you should discuss the course adjustment with your doctor.
- Change the power mode. Frequent nausea can be a sign of malnutrition. If during the examination the doctor did not find serious pathologies, then you should pay attention to the habit of eating. The abundance of fried, fatty and spicy foods not only leads to nausea, but also to various chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Calm down and take a sedative. An attack of nausea can be caused by stress, anxiety, and anxiety. To eliminate such nausea, you need to calm down, breathe deeply, try to relax or take a sedative. However, such nausea is rarely constant and is not associated with food intake.
- Have some tea. Regular warm, slightly sweet tea 30 minutes after eating will help to cope with nausea. However, it should not be hot, not cold and not too strong. You can seize it with crackers or drying. Eating fatty and spiced foods is not recommended for nausea. Prolonged fasting can also increase nausea.
Before you start to struggle with daily nausea, women are advised to take a pregnancy test.
In some cases, toxicosis manifested from the first weeks of pregnancy. In this case, treatment and medication may be dangerous.
Regidron – a drug to replenish the amount of fluid and restore the balance of electrolytes.
Nausea is only a symptom of a violation of the digestive tract, and not an independent disease. The severity of the consequences is determined by the severity of the disease that causes nausea and vomiting.
To relieve the condition, some cause artificial vomiting, but if this brings relief, it is temporary. Vomiting is not only not helpful, but can lead to unpleasant consequences:
- Dehydration. With constant vomiting, dehydration develops. The amount of water in the body is significantly reduced, the general condition worsens. When dehydration appears weakness, dizziness, tremor of the hands, weight loss, reduction in the frequency of urination. When vomiting is recommended to take rehydrates, which fill the amount of fluid and restore the electrolyte balance in the body (Regidron).
- Weight loss. Weight loss may accompany both vomiting and nausea after eating. When deterioration after eating a person tries to avoid food, rapidly losing weight, which only weakens the body. Constant fasting can provoke other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, pancreatitis.
- Injury of the esophagus with vomiting. Persistent gagging irritates the walls of the esophagus. With the passage of vomitus, the mucosa of the esophagus is irritated, may become inflamed, small sores form on it, which is accompanied by painful sensations and makes it more difficult to eat.
- Ulcers of the stomach and esophagus. Erosions on the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach can be a consequence of pancreatitis. In chronic inflammation of the pancreas, inflammation can spread to other organs, causing various complications.
- Diabetes. Diabetes mellitus can be both a cause and a consequence of various diseases. In some cases, vomiting occurs against the background of exacerbation of diabetes and lowering the level of insulin in the blood. Diabetes can be a complication of pancreatitis, which is also accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Transition of the disease to the chronic form. Nausea often signals a pathological condition of the digestive tract. If you constantly ignore the symptoms, relieve nausea with home remedies and drugs, you can miss the disease, which, if left untreated, will turn into a chronic form.
After eating during pregnancy
Nausea during pregnancy is common.
Nausea is common during pregnancy. Nausea can occur in both early and late gestation.
In the first weeks of pregnancy, hormonal adjustment takes place, to which the body can react differently.
Some suffer all 9 months easily, and some suffer from toxemia, nausea and vomiting. Although this is considered the norm during pregnancy, one should not forget about the danger of prolonged vomiting and dehydration.
As a rule, nausea in toxicosis appears in the first half of the day, but sometimes nausea and vomiting are a reaction to smell or food.
In some cases, it is enough to exclude certain “annoying” products from the diet, stop using carbonated drinks, try not to be in the same room with smokers, avoid sharp odors. This greatly eases the symptoms of toxemia. After some time, early toxicosis disappears. Terms of all individual.
All remedies for nausea and vomiting should be coordinated with the doctor. Nausea can torment in the morning after getting out of bed. To alleviate this condition, doctors recommend putting dietary biscuits, bread or other light snacks next to the bed. In the morning after waking up, you must first eat and then get up.
During pregnancy, it is not recommended to sit on strict diets, but to alleviate nausea, you should abandon fatty foods, fast food, foods containing flavorings, hot spices and flavor enhancers.
The body itself tells the woman what foods to eat is not needed (nausea occurs) and which ones are needed (a strong desire to eat something). But if you really want a roasted purchased cheburek, it is better to refrain and replace it with something more secure.
It is worth remembering that even pregnancy does not preclude diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. If vomiting is constant, nausea is strong and other symptoms are observed, it is necessary to undergo examination. Women with chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract may suffer from nausea during the entire pregnancy.
On the causes of nausea and its treatment will tell the video:
Noticed a mistake? Select it and click Ctrl + Enter, to let us know.