When will the monthly periods for women end, what influences the development of this process? Climax can occur as 45 years, and much later. This is influenced by many factors, including the lifestyle of a woman. Also, menstruation may no longer occur due to a specific medical intervention, which is necessary to eliminate any gynecological diseases or problems of a different nature.
When can menopause in women?
At what age menstruation ceases, is largely determined by hereditary factors. Most likely, the climax of a woman will come at the same time as that of the mother and grandmother. According to the information collected by the world organizations, the end of the childbearing function of the fair sex in each country takes place in different ways. In the United States, on average, menopause occurs at the age of 52 years, in Russia – at 49 years old, in Europe – at 53-55 years. Also, according to statistical information, the following pattern can be distinguished:
- approximately 5% of women have monthly periods even after 55 years. In this case, the menstrual cycle becomes irregular, and the ability to conceive a child is close to zero;
- some may have periods after 60 years. But this is rather an exception to the rule;
- in 8% of women, menstruation may stop up to 40 years.
What changes does the female body undergo with age?
With age, the woman’s body undergoes certain changes, which signals the oppression of the reproductive function. A complete cessation of menstruation, which indicates the onset of menopause, is observed not at one moment, but gradually.
Therefore, there are several stages in the development of this process:
- premenopause. It occurs in most women after 40 years. This period can last from one to one and a half years. During premenopausal ovaries reduce their activity. Significantly reduced concentration of estrogen in the blood. This is accompanied by irregular periods, between which the gap increases significantly. Menstruation does not last long, discharge becomes rather scarce. At this time, ovulation occurs rarely, and by the end of this period, the eggs are not produced at all. During the premenopausal period, most women gain from 6 to 10 kg. They have significantly reduced sexual activity;
- menopause. It comes when the monthly ended. On average, it lasts one year, and is accompanied by hormonal alteration of the whole organism. During this period, all chronic diseases are exacerbated. During menopause, most women feel unwell, their working capacity is significantly reduced;
- postmenopause. This period begins one year after the end of the last menstruation. During this time, the hormonal background settles, as a result, the woman feels much better. About postmenopausal signals a significant increase in the level of FSH in the blood and urine.
Symptoms of menopause in women
The appearance of the following symptoms may indicate that a woman’s monthly period will soon (in a month or six months) end:
- the emergence of tides. They are accompanied by heat drainage, increased perspiration, the face becomes red, the body temperature rises. After a while, all the symptoms also suddenly subside. Tides are characterized by a wave-like character;
- there is a significant increase in the number of heart contractions, which is not associated with physical activity or emotional stress;
- sleep disturbance occurs. A woman cannot sleep for a long time, often wakes up at night;
- there is slight tremor of the fingers. In the upper and lower extremities can be felt numbness, tingling;
- headaches, migraines, dizziness;
- frequent mood swings, tearfulness, emotional instability, which is not related to external stimuli;
- fatigue, fatigue, decreased working ability, memory impairment;
- drying of mucous membranes in the intimate area, in the mouth, eyes. There may be a slight burning sensation in these places;
- unpleasant taste in the mouth.
These symptoms are signs of both menopause and menopause. However, they may not appear in all women. Some of the fair sex do not feel almost any discomfort when menopause occurs. In 75% of women only 3-4 symptoms of the above can be observed.
Sometimes the period may end in 40-45 years. This signals the onset of early menopause. The causes of this negative phenomenon are many:
- genetic factors;
- autoimmune diseases;
- the negative impact of stress;
- chronic physical and emotional fatigue;
- smoking, drinking and more.
Early menopause is undesirable because it is accompanied by premature aging. A woman not only can no longer become pregnant, but also significantly increases the risk of progression of all chronic diseases. There are all the unpleasant symptoms that are characteristic of natural menopause. Also increases the likelihood of developing Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease due to age-related changes in the central nervous system.
The appearance of a woman also leaves much to be desired. Due to the decrease in estrogen concentration, the skin becomes dry, loses its natural elasticity, elasticity, and many wrinkles appear. Hair becomes more fragile, turn gray and fall out, nails – exfoliate.
Artificial menopause occurs in women of different ages due to certain medical interventions. This is a necessary measure that allows you to get rid of a certain disease.
Stop the onset of menstruation can:
- removal of the ovaries (oophorectomy). The need for such an operation is provoked by certain gynecological diseases, the development of malignant processes;
- radiation exposure;
- removal of the uterus, regardless of whether the ovaries are preserved or not. During this operation, the uterine arteries that feed the ovaries are ligated. As a result, they do not supply blood and cease to function.
Also, a woman is artificially introduced into the state of menopause in the treatment of certain gynecological diseases. This is due to the fact that they occur due to hormonal disorders in the body. Artificially, you can call menopause with drugs such as Buserelin, Diferelin, Lyukrin and others. They are used according to a specific scheme under the strict supervision of a physician. These drugs are most often injected once every 27-30 days. They inhibit the production of pituitary FSH and LH. As a result, the functioning of the ovaries is suspended, and a short-term menopause occurs.
In this way, endometriosis, fibroids and uterine fibroids are treated. After 2-6 months, the use of drugs is terminated, which leads to the resumption of menstruation. Such treatment allows you to cope with hormonal problems and get rid of these diseases.
How to slow the onset of menopause?
To prevent the earlier onset of menopause, you should follow these recommendations:
- completely stop smoking. Recent studies confirm that the regular intake of nicotine in a woman’s body provokes early menopause;
- limit alcohol intake. You can drink no more than 300 ml of beer, 50 ml of strong drinks or 150 ml of wine per day. In this case, alcohol should be consumed no more than 2 times a week;
- regularly attend preventive examinations with various specialists – gynecologist, mammologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, orthopedist and others.
Also, a woman of any age should follow the diet, lead a healthy lifestyle, engage in moderate physical activity.