Abdominal distension, or flatulence, is not a rare occurrence with several causes. It is not very pleasant to feel it, discomfort makes you look for means to get rid of this unpleasant symptom. The drug Mezim for bloating is one of the most effective drugs, which has a mild effect.
Why there is bloating
Abdominal bloating may be a bowel reaction to stress.
The digestion process is normal should not cause discomfort. If such discomfort occurs with frightening regularity, it is necessary to visit a gastroenterologist, to undergo an examination.
Do not self-medicate, because bloating can be a symptom of diseases such as colitis, erosive bulbit, a bacterial infection or deformity of the gall bladder. With occasional, non-regular appearance of bloating, the reasons for it may be as follows:
- The air trapped in the intestine may be there with food or carbonated drinks.
- An additional symptom may be belching and increased gas release.
- Bowel reaction to stress, depression, overexcitement.
- The ingestion of soda in the stomach and products containing it.
- Temporary disorder of the gastrointestinal tract due to the contents of the menu is not compatible with each other products, fatty and fried foods, overeating.
- Pregnancy in the second and third trimester, when the growing fetus squeezes the intestines.
- Chronic constipation that prevents natural gas separation.
- The excess in the menu of easily digestible carbohydrates, which are contained in baking and sweets. These products stimulate the fermentation process, accompanied by the release of gases.
- The content in the diet of foods containing starch, fiber in large quantities (milk with artificial additives, ice cream, fruits, vegetables, starch, legumes).
Symptoms of an unpleasant phenomenon
Belching is a symptom of bloating.
At occurrence of a meteorism there are associations with a tightly inflated balloon, this becomes to the touch the stomach of a person suffering from swelling. Additional symptoms:
- The feeling of heaviness and tearing.
- Belching, rumbling.
- Increasing the size of the abdomen, it becomes tight to the touch.
- Excessive gas formation.
- Colic or pain, like cramps, occur after the discharge of gas.
How to get rid of bloating
To eliminate these unpleasant symptoms, you need to consult a doctor. Single symptoms can be removed by changing the diet, careful selection of products.
It is necessary to try not to overeat, to walk more often in the open air, to perform therapeutic exercises. An hour after eating, it is very useful to drink herbal tea with a decoction of chamomile and mint.
In cases where it is impossible to obtain medical advice, it is allowed to take a safe anti-bloating agent. One such tool is Mezim.
Mezim – a drug to help with increased gas formation
Mezim – a drug for bloating.
This drug belongs to the group of enzyme preparations. It is designed to stimulate the digestion of food. Mezim contains pancreatin, which includes the following enzymes:
These are natural enzymes of animal origin, similar to pancreatic enzymes, which normally should meet the needs of the body.
In cases where the digestive tract organs do not cope with their functions of digesting food, and enzymes are not sufficiently produced, Mezim-type enzyme preparations come to the rescue. In addition to the prevention of abdominal distention due to an unbalanced diet, the drug is used in the following conditions and diseases:
- chronic pancreatitis,
- cystic fibrosis,
- condition after surgery on the gastrointestinal tract,
- preparation for research of the digestive organs,
- bacterial intestinal infections,
Mezim is available in pink pill form for oral use. They are coated with a special coating so that the active substance reaches the intestine through the aggressive acidic environment of the stomach.
Mechanism of action
The drug Mezim helps to break down food components.
Reaching the stomach, the shell of the drug begins to dissolve in the gastric juice. Once in the intestine, the enzymes contained in Mezime help their own pancreatin to break down food components (carbohydrates, fats, proteins) into the following components:
All this helps the digestion of food and helps prevent bloating.
How to take
The drug Mezim must be taken with meals.
The dose of the drug Mezim from distention of the bowel is discussed individually with the doctor. If there are no other recommendations, the dosage is as follows:
- Up to 12 years – 1500 IU per kg of weight,
- From 12 to 18 years old – no more than 20000ME per kg of weight (measured by the mass of lipase),
- Adults – from 1 to 3 tablets 3-4 times a day.
For more effective action of the drug it is necessary to combine its reception with food intake. Tablets can not be chewed, as well as drink with anything else except water. It is also impossible to lie down so that the medicine does not start to break down in the esophagus.
You can not take Mezim simultaneously with any other means, you should take a break of about 10-20 minutes between them.
Overdose, side effects
Compliance with the instructions for use of the funds or recommendations of the doctor completely cancels the risk of overdose. If it does happen, vomiting appears, mild nausea. In exceptional cases, there may be angioedema, urticaria, dermatitis.
If Mezim is used by a patient with a history of cystic fibrosis, the risk of intestinal obstruction is increased. Large doses of the drug cause an increase in serum uric acid levels. This condition is called hyperuricemia.
At the first manifestations of overdose should stop taking the funds and consult a doctor.
About the preparation Mezim will tell the promotional video:
Contraindications and restrictions to the use of the drug
Pregnant women are not recommended to take Mezim.
Treatment of abdominal bloating with Mezim is not carried out if the patient has a history of acute or chronic pancreatitis in the acute stage.
The absolute contraindication to receiving Mezim is the individual intolerance of its components, or hypersensitivity to one of them.
Pregnant women and children can use the drug under the strict supervision of a physician. It is advisable not to take Mezim at the same time as iron supplements, since it reduces the level of absorption of this element in the intestine.
The consequence of this can be anemia, at the first signs of which you need to stop taking the drug. Antacids containing magnesium and calcium, reduce the effectiveness of Mezim. In this case, you need to increase the dose of his dose in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor.
Enzyme preparation Mezim effectively cope with flatulence, has a very small number of contraindications. Reception means without consulting a doctor is possible in isolated cases of swelling, not accompanied by severe pain symptoms. Treatment of children, pregnant women, the elderly from bloating is carried out only with medical support.