Lymph nodes on the back are absent, the location of the nearest immune units is noted in the thoracic and lumbar regions. In some diseases, pain migrates to the spine. This suggests that the lymph nodes on the back are inflamed.
The patient is diagnosed, followed by recommendations for the treatment of the underlying disease. In this case, the therapy should be followed by the cause that led to inflammation of the lymph nodes of the back. Pains in the areas of the thoracic or abdominal cavities that migrate to the spine often indicate abnormalities in the structure of the intervertebral discs.
After exclusion of spinal anomalies, additional studies are carried out, including a blood test, which often reveals an increased number of lymphocytes. If the cause of discomfort is lymphoma, then the size and shape of the white blood cells is determined.
Causes and symptoms of pathology
There are no lymph nodes on the back. The formations nearest the spinal column are located in the thoracic and lumbar regions. In this case, lymphadenitis often accompanies symptoms similar to hernia pinched or osteochondrosis.
Why inflamed lymph nodes in the chest area
Thoracic formations increase as a result of the following reasons:
- Tuberculosis of intrathoracic lymph nodes. Most often, people under 25 suffer from this pathology. Tuberculosis formations develop gradually or sharply. You can suspect it on the basis of contact with the patient. The lymph nodes at the same time slightly increase in size, are characterized by low mobility and sufficient density. Symptoms are:
- weakness in the whole body;
- pallor of the skin;
- increased fatigue;
- cough, often disturbing at night, first dry and then wet;
- sleep problems;
- excessive sweating.
- Tumors of the mediastinum. In lung cancer, unilateral damage to the lymph nodes is most often observed. At the same time, the patient has a cough, pain in the lymph nodes, weakness; purulent sputum is excreted; the skin in the neck and face becomes bluish.
- Pseudo-tumors are formations that are formed as a result of the malformations of large blood vessels (against the background of severe viral and other infectious diseases).
Causes of inflammation of the lymph nodes in the lower back
The factors causing inflammation of the formations:
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine. The disease provokes soreness in the affected area, as well as shooting in the legs, which is explained by the infringement of the nerve fibers by osteophytes and tension in the background of the inflammatory process. Prolonged spasm often leads to atrophy of muscle groups and the impossibility of a full-fledged life activity.
- Lymphogranulomatosis, in which an increase in the formations of the lumbar region is accompanied by their pain, impaired sensitivity in the lower extremities, and the frequent urge to empty the bladder.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes on the back is amenable to therapy, which should be aimed at eliminating the underlying disease. So, in the case of osteochondrosis, conservative or surgical treatment is used. Auxiliary methods are physiotherapy.
In lymphogranulomatosis of the first three stages, radiation and chemotherapy are combined. At the last stage, only chemotherapy is applied. In addition, antibiotics, means of removing intoxication of the body, antiviral drugs, etc. are used.
Tuberculosis is treated by a TB doctor. Therapy is long. When tumors of the mediastinum are usually resorted to surgical intervention. Pseudotumors undergo conservative therapy or excision by surgery.