When conducting a medical examination, the doctor necessarily measures the patient’s blood pressure and counts the pulse rate,
Pulse frequency depends on a person’s age, health condition, environment and psycho-emotional state. In an adult, heart rate typically ranges from 70 to 85 beats per minute. High heart rate
Low pressure and high pulse: causes
Complaints of low pressure and high pulse occur in the practice of any doctor quite often. Rapid pulse at low pressure can be observed in the following cases:
- Abundant blood loss;
- Shock of various genesis (hemorrhagic, anaphylactic, traumatic, cardiogenic, infectious and toxic, etc.);
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD) of a hypotonic or mixed type – very often, reduced pressure and high pulse are observed in people suffering from vegetative-vascular dystonia.In this disease, patients often have crises characterized by severe weakness, dizziness, pale skin and mucous membranes, a decrease in blood pressure and the development of tachycardia;
- Pregnancy. Many pregnant women have complaints of low blood pressure and rapid pulse. This is most often associated with the effect of progesterone on the vascular system (reducing the tone of blood vessels), as well as an increase in circulating blood volume (BCC), which in turn can cause the development of iron deficiency anemia and tachycardia.
Symptoms of tachycardia on the background of low blood pressure:
- Heartbeat sensation. Many patients say they even “hear” their heart beating;
- The appearance of pain in the heart;
- The appearance of the sensation of lump in the stomach;
- Dizziness or headache;
- A sense of fear, anxiety.
Treatment of palpitations against a background of low blood pressure
The treatment of high-pulse with low pressure can be very diverse, and the choice of treatment method is determined primarily by the reason that caused the development of this pathological condition. For example, in acute blood loss, it is necessary to make it stop. For this, both conservative and surgical treatment methods can be used. If tachycardia and hypotension (low blood pressure) have developed against the background of a shock condition, then in this case their treatment consists in conducting anti-shock measures, stabilizing all the functions of his body, including hemodynamic ones.
If hypotension and tachycardia occur in pregnant women, treatment is carried out jointly by a gynecologist and a general practitioner. Observance of the daily regimen, adequate rest, good nutrition, regular stay in the fresh air are recommended. Very often, these measures are sufficient to normalize the pulse rate.
In vegetative-vascular dystonia, healthy lifestyle of patients is of considerable importance for the normalization of heart rate and pressure. It is necessary to refuse smoking, the use of alcoholic beverages, to go in for sports regularly, to visit the open air. It is very important to organize your meals properly, and also to devote sufficient time to rest. Night sleep should be at least 8 hours.
Drug therapy should be prescribed only by a doctor.
With an increased pulse and low pressure, you can use tincture of motherwort, valerian, as well as 15 – 20 drops of valardin.
In addition, a few simple tricks contribute to a decrease in the pulse rate:
- Tension of the abdominal muscles and limbs for 15–20 seconds;
- Take a deep breath and hold your breath for 10-15 seconds.