Pityriasis versicolor photo
The appearance of pink spots on the skin can be not only a manifestation of allergy or irritation on synthetic tissue. Round formations on the neck are often a symptom of a common fungal disease – microsporia. Such red spots on the neck are dermatophytes that cause disease-causing fungi. This versicolor is contagious to others, therefore it requires systemic treatment under the supervision of a specialist.
The main causes of the disease
Unpleasant lichen on the neck – a kind of fungal disease that occurs with the same frequency in children and adults. It is caused by various dermatophyte fungi. Most often, on the neck and in the chin area, microsporia or lichen pink is found, triggered by the most common subspecies.
Pink lichen on the neck
Most dermatophytes are pathogenic fungi that are present in large quantities in the human environment. Microscopic spores settle on household items, clothing, bed linen, up to 3 months are stored on the floor tile or the ground. Microsporum type fungi often carry domestic or street animals on their fur.
Getting on the skin or mucous membranes of a person, they do not immediately manifest themselves, manifesting itself against the background of a strong weakening of the immune system or other health problems:
- transferred flu or ARVI;
- hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, after childbirth or surgery on the thyroid gland;
- intestinal infections or dysbiosis;
- susceptibility to allergies;
- skin damage or injury;
- improper diet or sitting on a diet that is too strict and low in vitamins.
Often lichen on the neck appears after a stressful situation. Any nervous shock noticeably undermines the body, leads to a violation of its functions. Dermatophytes are often transmitted in the same family, when visiting common bathing places (saunas or swimming pools), through toys or towels. But each disease has its own characteristics and symptoms.
Microsporia smooth skin
This is one of the most common forms of fungal lichen. Microsporia on the neck or other parts of the body is diagnosed annually in 2% of all patients of dermatologists, and the vast majority are young children. The disease is classified as seasonal, which reacts to heat and high humidity. Therefore, the peak incidence occurs in the spring and summer.
Pityriasis versicolor on the neck
Depriving the neck of a child or an adult appears after contact with a sick person or animal who is an active carrier of the disease. From dirty hands, when scratching, spores of the fungus fall on the skin, and after a short period of time, characteristic red spots appear.
Other symptoms of microsporia smooth skin are:
- oval spots with convex edges that rise slightly above clean, non-infected skin;
- inflammations flake and itch;
- spots may be single or cover most of the neck, affect the face or back;
- when moving to the suppurative stage, the spots become purple, rashes or blisters appear with the liquid;
- bubbles burst, and versicolor becomes covered with large crusts, oozing with purulent fluid.
If the disease is not treated, it goes to the scalp or beard, it damages the nails. Patients complain of itching and discomfort, a slight fever and swelling of the lymph nodes in the jaw area.
Symptoms of pink lichen
Foci of pink lichen on the neck
This fungal disease is less studied by dermatologists and mycologists. It may appear after vaccination, a sharp weight loss or hypothermia while walking. In most cases, pink lichen has a chronic form, is inherited and is not stored at home on hygiene items.
Pink lichen on the neck, better known as Giber лиш s lichen, has several characteristic symptoms:
- patients appear pink or reddish, and the skin resembles a burn;
- spots are dry, a little scaly and bother the person;
- an unbearable headache, fatigue;
- patients note the feeling of aches and twisting in the joints;
- near lymph nodes inflamed.
The special difference in pink lichen is the appearance in 7-10 days of a single large patch on the neck, which is called maternal. It is very peeling, the patient inexplicably fever, the general state of health is deteriorating.
How to diagnose lichen?
A pink spot on the neck should be examined by an experienced doctor in the laboratory. To determine the type of pathogenic fungus, use:
- scraping, taken from the surface depriving, its flaky particles;
- specially designed Wood’s lamp;
- the presence of watery bubbles;
- examination under a microscope;
- general analyzes.
Features of treatment
After a full examination, the specialist decides how to treat the fungus on the neck. In simple situations, it is enough to use an external cream or ointment with effective ingredients. Several times a day, depriving the lesions and the skin around them is treated:
Itraconazole tablets 100 mg from the fungus
To reduce inflammation, you can, if applied to areas of conventional iodine, dried with sulfuric or zinc ointment. Help to get rid of the disease lotion with Miramistin, Antifungin or chlorhexidine. If the lichen has passed into the stage of suppuration, do not do without the daily treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs:
- potassium permanganate solution;
- Ichthyol ointment;
- divorced Furacilin.
Microsporic fungi are quite resistant to healing creams or solutions. Therefore, treatment can be supplemented with tablets with a similar composition. Patients are advised to take Griseofulvin or Terbinafin with a course of 4 to 6 weeks. After the end of the reception, you should repeat the laboratory examination to make sure that the drug is chosen correctly.
Microsporia on the neck is treated for a long time and requires patience from the patient. In addition to antifungal drugs, he will have to take a vitamin complex, supplement the daily diet with light and healthy meals, and observe basic hygiene requirements.
Traditional methods of treatment of lichen
To help traditional antifungal drugs are some simple folk recipes on a natural basis:
- Daily make lotions with a decoction of equal parts of Hypericum, dried chamomile flowers and calendula.
- Wipe the lichen with warm decoction of birch buds, diluted with water propolis tincture.
- Several times a day, inflammation is treated and the skin around this apple cider vinegar.
- Make garlic tincture, for which 50 grams. peeled cloves pour a glass of good vodka, insist at least a week.
- Wash their necks with decoctions of hop cones, chamomile and train to reduce itching.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Doctors warn! A shocking static is established, which is more than 74% of the diseases of the skin – a parasite of parasites (Acacid, Lyamblia, Toccapa). Hydroxides impart collateral contagion to the system, and the first one strikes our immune system, which should protect the system from various diseases. The head of the Institute of Parasitology shared a secret, how to get rid of them quickly and cleanse them with their skin, it is enough. Read more .
With a combination of all the methods, the patient can completely get rid of the neck disruption in 2-3 months. To avoid recurrence of the problem, one should strictly adhere to the treatment plan, raise the body’s defenses and take care of the skin condition.