Without having a modern arsenal of medicines, medical equipment, hospitals, our ancestors used the gifts of nature, for centuries accumulating knowledge about the miraculous properties of plants and herbs. In the absence of nutritionists, proper diets, diets, gymnasiums and special weight loss programs, previous generations grew surprisingly healthy people, “not burdened” by extra pounds of weight. What are the secrets of traditional medicine knowledge and do herbs help you lose weight?
Types of herbs and how they burn fat
Losing weight using phyto therapy will take longer than overseas pills or miraculous starvation diets. Herbs for weight loss are useful as a way to get rid of excess mass and to restore healthy functioning of the body.
Girls who want to adjust the parameters of the figure, clean the liver and intestines of toxins, say a lasting effect after a couple of weeks. The owners of high body mass index to lose weight when included in the diet will help to collect herbs for weight loss:
- Burning fat. Ginger, turmeric, lemongrass effectively break down lipid deposits in the problem areas of the abdomen, thighs, and waist.
- Diuretic herbs. Excessive reserves of fluid with the purpose of losing weight will help to bring chamomile, senna, burdock. When using these herbs, the rapid effect of weight loss is noted – up to 2 kg of the first couple of days.
- Bile excreting, normalizing the work of the liver while slimming herbs. Being waste, toxins negatively affect metabolic processes, immunity, general condition. Cleansing the body will restore the health of the skin, accelerate the process of burning internal fat and losing weight.
- Metabolism boosting grass The laxative effect of sea buckthorn, dill, senna, fennel is actively used for weight loss suffering from obesity. Lingonberry, licorice, rhubarb leaves contribute to the normalization of the metabolic processes of the digestive tract.
- Slimming loss of appetite grass Spirulina algae, kelp, blister fucus have the ability to grow in the stomach, permanently creating a deceptive feeling of satiety. Common vegetation, marshmallow (root) envelop the intestinal walls, “deceiving” the receptors and giving a signal of satiety.
To reduce appetite and fast weight loss
The main problem of those who want to lose weight becomes … no, not laziness, but a banal feeling of hunger. Accustomed to significant amounts of incoming food, the stomach does not feel saturated with a decrease in the size of portions, and the brain sends a signal about the need to eat. To help for weight loss come sea grass – algae, which cope with the feeling of hunger: swelling and slowly digested by the intestines, they stimulate a feeling of satiety.
No less effective for weight loss are herbs with a sticky, mucous base. Althea root, sesame, flaxseeds, pre-steamed with boiling water or filled with kefir for the night, when consumed for breakfast will give a feeling of fullness, reducing the appetite, the urge to snack.
When losing weight, the effect of dropping excess weight is given by herbs that have diuretic properties: bear ears, pharmaceutical chamomile, horsetail, plantain, burdock. Expelling excess fluid from subcutaneous fat, diuretics slimming accelerate the body’s metabolic functions, destroying low-density lipids. In order not to disturb the water and electrolyte balance of the body, taking decoctions of herbs, fill up the liquid reserves, consuming at least 2 liters of clean drinking water per day.
Laxatives to cleanse the body
Phyto preparations with a laxative effect help to get rid of slagging: senna Altai, dandelion, buckthorn bark, anise, yarrow, Caucasian hellebore. Pour a tablespoon of grass with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 20 minutes. Apply a decoction for weight loss, with cleansing properties, should be in between meals at a dosage of 50-100 ml.
To improve metabolism
The gifts of nature, which have the effect of stimulating the digestive system, while at the same time improving the body’s metabolic abilities, should be attributed rather to seasonings. By adding ginger, anise, turmeric, rosemary, and hot red pepper to your meals, you will achieve significant success in losing weight. Splitting fatty acids, protein foods, these seasonings do not allow to absorb excess calories, laying off folds on the abdomen or waist.
In what proportions to use and how to take herbs?
Benefits for those who want to lose weight bring freshly prepared decoctions and herbal infusions, which should be prepared for 12-14 hours of use. The average amount of diuretic, choleretic herbal slimming tea taken throughout the day is from 500 ml to 1 liter. To saturate the body with healthy microelements, replenish the supply of vitamins and not be hungry, eat daily up to 300-400 g of seaweed (fresh) or take at least 2-3 tbsp. spoons of dry, finely ground plants.
Add fat burning spices as a seasoning for weight loss to meat, fish, sweet (but diet!) Dishes. Be careful with the proportions: by improving metabolism, they can cause an increase in appetite. Therefore, try to follow the principles of good nutrition, connect physical activity.
To make delicious herbal tea that is useful for losing weight, you will need:
- Dry herbs (pharmaceutical collection or collected personally). A glass of boiled water will require a tablespoon of plants that affect the processes of weight loss.
- Boiled water. The temperature for the preparation and infusion of the decoction is 90⁰С. In the absence of a thermos, boil the herbal tea in a saucepan with water, but such a tea during heat treatment will lose some nutrients and trace elements.
- Thermos. To open a bouquet of aromas of herbs and brew tea for weight loss will need from half an hour to two hours of time. Then ready infusion should be filtered.
Rules for taking phyto drinks for weight loss
- Volume. Diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio, take a decoction of healing herbs in 100 ml portions.
- Time of receipt. Most of the herbal infusions with the purpose of losing weight is taken 25-30 minutes before the main meal. Choleretic agents are effective on an empty stomach. Metabolizing stimulant condiments take along with food.
- Frequency of use. Proper diet for weight loss involves 5-6 one-time menus. Consequently, for the day you will drink herbal tea 7-8 times: in the morning on an empty stomach, before each meal and before night rest.
- Course duration. Want to provide weight loss on herbs minus 25 kg per month? Brew daily fresh infusions, alternating a variety of herbs; balance nutrition and add exercise. The results of such a complex effect on the body in order to lose weight will be clearly visible in a couple of months.
List of the most effective herbs and fees that promote weight loss
When choosing which grass to drink to lose weight, note that herbalists and nutritionists claim that the best herbs for weight loss are those that grow in your area. The genetic memory of the body helps to get the effect faster and more reliably, and local plants accelerate metabolic processes without causing allergic reactions.
Altai grass senna from overweight
Official medicine uses the laxative effect of antraglycosides contained in senna herb in the treatment of chronic constipation, as well as obesity grade II and III. Cassia, as the plant is otherwise called, has been known since ancient times. Used as a component in the collection of herbs for the purpose of losing weight.
A tablespoon of senna in combination with dandelion and peppermint is diluted with half a liter of boiled water and infused for 15 minutes. When taking ready-made cassia tablets, do not forget that they contain an active substance concentrate, therefore, a violation of the dosage may lead to gastrointestinal problems. Prefer ready-made slimming teas with senna grass as an ingredient.
The miraculous properties of hellebore are associated with enhanced cleansing of the body from accumulated toxins. The more slagging, the longer the process of losing weight. Removing harmful salts, slag, hellebore grass at the same time deprives you of the nutrients necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Therefore, follow the recommendations of a nutritionist in order to avoid intoxication and side effects:
- Dosage. The daily intake for weight loss is 0.2 g or one fourth of a teaspoon.
- Application time. After a night’s sleep, on an empty stomach, drink a freezer. For quick weight loss between a meal and grass should take from half an hour to two hours.
- Dieting. Rational nutrition in small portions, the predominance in the diet of slow carbohydrates, plant foods, proteins will help enhance the effect of weight loss from hellebore grass.
Habitual hostess, used as seasoning, marjoram – and there is a mysterious grass called mess that helps weight loss. Rich in pectins, rutin, tannins and carotene, the spice has been known since ancient Egypt. The wise Avicenna described the mess as “grass for exhaustion,” noting the unique properties of the plant to effectively promote weight loss.
By boosting blood circulation, marjoram helps to improve the supply of nutrients to muscle mass by burning fat reserves. Tannins and pectins gently cleanse the intestines, and diuretic properties help remove excess fluid, reducing weight. For slimming effective infusion of a teaspoon of herbs and 250 ml of boiling water. Dividing the portion into two parts, take half a cup in the morning on an empty stomach and before going to bed at night.
This plant of the willow genus feels great, taking root on the branches of fruit trees, poplars, acacias, birches. Spherical bushes of grass with a diameter of a meter, bloom in spring, giving snow-white fruits. Organic acids, carbohydrates, phenol, as well as the most valuable higher fatty acids have in common the properties to stimulate the process of losing weight up to 5 kg per week.
The disadvantages of using herbs include the abundance of natural plant poisons, which in case of overdose cause intoxication of the body. Duration of one course is 14 days with an interval of 2-3 weeks. Side effects can be mild dizziness, nausea. Therefore, before using mistletoe for weight loss, consult with a specialist who will tell you the correct regimen and acceptable dosage.
The richest chemical composition, including polyphenols, flavonoids, tannins, sterols, aliphatic carbohydrates, organic acids, makes the winter nurse an effective remedy for weight loss. Losing weight helps grass a little bit full and people with a diagnosis of obesity II, III degree.
Providing a complex effect on the body through a diuretic effect; the ability to remove toxins, clearing the bile ducts; enveloping the intestines and imparting a feeling of satiety, winter-drinking is part of the popular slimming tea. Reception course – up to 3 months. With slags, the grass washes away potassium, which is necessary for maintaining the health of the heart system. Vitamin supplementation, enhanced consumption of foods rich in potassium will help fill the shortage of the most valuable mineral.
Monastic tea containing herbs for weight loss is safe to use: a strictly adjusted proportion of each ingredient originates in the distant XIX century. The successful combination of laxative, diuretic, stimulating, appetite-reducing properties helps to drop from 3 to 10 kilograms per month. In the package of the monastery collection are present:
- Fennel. The fruits of the plant affect the feeling of hunger, reducing cravings for gluttony, accelerating weight loss.
- Chamomile. Grass effectively removes fluid, improves digestion, stimulates lipid breakdown.
- Linden blossom. Normalizing hormonal balance and putting the endocrine system in order, the flowers of the plant are useful for losing weight with their toxin-purifying properties.
- Black elderberry flowers. Enhance metabolic processes during weight loss by improving the functioning of the digestive system.
- Dandelion. This herb restores reserves of potassium, which are rapidly eliminated from the body during weight loss.
- Senna. Having a laxative effect, cassia herb helps cleanse the liver of toxins.
- Peppermint. This fragrant medicinal herb reduces the frequency of the urge to “eat something,” affecting saturation receptors.
How to brew herbal tea for weight loss: a recipe
What recipes of herbs, infusions and miraculous teas can be prepared at home for weight loss:
- Delicious, fragrant ginger tea will charge with vigor in the morning, will give a great mood. To make a 300 ml drink with ginger, peel the fresh plant root from the skin and put 4-5 slices in a cup. A slice of whole lemon will give spice to tea for weight loss. Fill with boiling water, let it brew for 1 hour. A teaspoon of honey will help soften the harsh, bitter-bitter taste.
- Morning infusion of oregano, lemon balm with lemon and honey, drunk on an empty stomach, will launch metabolic processes of weight loss, gently ridding the body of toxins and extra pounds. Half a teaspoon of freshly grated citrus peel, a spoonful of each type of herb should be filled with a glass of boiling water. Cover with a lid and cool to 40-50⁰. Strain, putting honey, a slice of lemon in a toning drink for weight loss.
Harm and contraindications to the use of herbal
Herbs for weight loss can be harmful to health, if they are collected in environmentally disadvantaged areas in cities, along highways or roads. If you do not live far from the noisy metropolis, give preference to ready-made herbal collections sold through pharmacy chains.
In order to avoid health problems decided to lose weight on herbs, you should undergo a medical examination with a visit to your doctor, if necessary – to narrow specialists. By visiting a nutritionist, you will be able to jointly develop a weight loss program using herbal.
There are contraindications to the use of herbal diet:
- Liver disease, chronic kidney disease.
- Problems with the stomach or intestines that require medication.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Individual intolerance to component fees.
- Allergic reactions to herbs.
Reviews lost weight on grass at home
Galina, 29 years old: I managed to lose weight by taking herbal supplements daily, at 8 kg in two months! And this is without fasting and enhanced training. The body is younger: I no longer want to sleep all the time, the desire has arisen and there are opportunities to spend more time outdoors. I noticed that taking corn stigmas, bear ears in alternation with lingonberry leaves, helped to get rid of the constant rash on the face, and weight loss is going on at a heightened pace.
Alevtina, 26 years old: I have been drinking herbal tea for weight loss for the second month already. While the results are rather weak: minus 5 kg and that’s it! Scales froze, my weight loss, too … The nutritionist recommended adding fitness classes to the daily routine, but I have a small child, so there is no time.
Sophia, 19 years old: I tried using herbal tinctures with the aim of losing weight since my youth. When I see an extra pair of kilograms, I begin to intensively drink diuretic teas with burdock and ginger. After a couple of weeks, weight returns to normal. Recomend for everybody!