The descent of the stomach and intestines (gastroptosis) can be both congenital and acquired pathology. Normally, all internal organs are fixed and supported by certain groups of muscles and ligaments. When their tone weakens or there are irregularities in the muscular-ligamentous apparatus, there is a prolapse of the internal organs of the abdominal cavity. If the stomach goes down, the intestine goes down and vice versa, if the intestine goes down, the stomach goes down. In rare cases, the doctor can diagnose the omission of only one bowel – this pathology is called colonoptosis.
Experts state the fact that the majority of patients are already born with prolapse of internal organs, and for a few, it develops during life against the background of improper body formation: excessive leanness, small rib cage, narrow shoulders – all these are prerequisites for the development of gastroprosis.
The omission of any internal organs of the gastrointestinal tract can occur under the influence of a number of factors causing a sharp decrease in muscle tone of the ligamentous apparatus:
- the third, fourth and subsequent pregnancies (including multiple pregnancies) increase the likelihood of weakening the muscles supporting the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- severe childbirth, serious complications after childbirth;
- low mobility;
- abdominal gastrointestinal surgery;
- improper diets – in this case we are talking about a drastic change in nutrition, leading to a sharp weight loss. The result of this condition is a pathological lack of proteins and vitamins;
- improper diet – the use of heavy and spicy foods;
- eczema of the lungs, pleurisy – in rare cases, can also cause the omission of the intestine and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- mechanical injuries of internal organs.
According to medical statistics, doctors most often diagnose the prolapse of various parts of the large intestine, namely, the colon. The characteristic symptoms for this pathological condition are:
- violation of motor activity of the intestine;
- heaviness in the stomach;
- unstable appetite;
- feeling of rapid satiety;
- pain (occur when sagging intestine), in the initial stage, they can be aching, but not very strong;
- nausea, vomiting, belching, dizziness, headaches;
- disruptions and inflammatory processes in the urogenital organs (the feces are overflowing with intestine that presses on the adjacent organs, which disrupts their work, with prolonged pressure, inflammation begins to develop).
In the absence of medical care, the patient’s condition begins to worsen, the symptoms become more pronounced:
- the pain increases – patients may complain of a long and very painful act of defecation, often there are cracks in the anus and in the rectum. The pain is acute and may intensify after any sudden movements. The main reasons are strong irritation of the nerve endings in the weakened muscles and ligaments;
- constipation becomes permanent, which can lead to partial or complete blockage of the intestinal duct. It also increases the risk of twisting the intestines, as the mesentery supporting the intestines lengthens and becomes wider, which can cause sigmoid colon to twist.
Severe intestinal prolapse can also cause a number of complications in the vegetative system, therefore the patient’s condition is often aggravated by impaired blood circulation, increased excitability and sudden jumps in blood pressure.
It should be understood that a change in the position of the intestine causes displacement of other organs of the small pelvis, it also provokes serious disturbances in their work, and has a negative effect on the functions of other organs. The effects that cause bowel movement may be irreversible. That is why it is very important to consult a doctor as soon as possible when the first signs appear.
Independently determine the omission of internal organs is impossible. Only a qualified doctor can identify the pathology. First of all, the specialist conducts a conversation with the patient to carefully collect anamnesis, fix the symptoms, and then conducts a visual examination, which shows the following signs of pathology:
- sagging belly;
- with a horizontal position of the body, the patient may experience a recession of the upper intestine, while the pulsation of the abdominal aorta is clearly manifested;
- when the peritoneum is thrown up, the pain syndrome disappears;
- with the omission of the stomach and intestines during palpation, a distinct displacement of the pylorus of the stomach and its lower convex edge can be easily identified.
From laboratory and instrumental methods of examination for suspected organ prolapse, it is shown:
- analysis of gastric juice – when the displacement of the stomach and intestines analysis necessarily reveal a reduced concentration of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice;
- irrigoscopy – allows you to accurately determine the size of the damage to the intestine and determine its position;
- colonoscopy – allows you to assess the condition of the intestinal mucosal tissue, the diameter of the lumen of the intestinal duct, identify all changes of a pathological nature and, if necessary, take tissue samples for biopsy. When there are contraindications for colonoscopy, the doctor uses an alternative method – rectoromanoscopy.
What is intestinal atony? And how to treat this disease?
When intestinal prolapse, drug therapy is used only to eliminate painful symptoms. Returning the organs to the normal position drugs will not help.
The main direction in treatment is the implementation of simple exercises and diet. If the exercise complex does not help, the patient is prescribed to wear a special bandage. If this does not help to stop the bowel movement, then surgery is used to correct the situation.
Diet at a bowel movement is not different severity. Its main task is to normalize intestinal motility. Foods must be high-calorie and easily digestible. Fasting for intestinal omission should be used very carefully and only after agreeing on all the nuances with your doctor.
In drawing up the daily menu, a complete rejection of:
- spices and spice;
- fatty foods;
- fried foods;
- decoys and rice (in any form);
- confectionery and bakery products.
In large quantities in the menu should include raw vegetables and fruits, which will help restore the level of vitamins and minerals. Also, the patient is advised to adhere to a certain mode in the diet: there are small portions with short interruptions in time, at the same time, in no case overeat, and after each meal to lie down for at least half an hour in a horizontal position in order to reduce the load on internal organs.
The main reason for the decrease in muscle tone of the ligamentous apparatus and the omission of the intestine is a sedentary lifestyle, and therefore, without changing it, a complete non-surgical recovery of the patient is impossible. It is recommended to perform a simple set of exercises for the abdominals every day as physical therapy for bowel movement.
It should follow the following rules:
- In the first days of treatment, especially with a sedentary lifestyle, all exercises should be performed only in the prone position.
- A roller should be placed under the waist (it can be rolled out of a regular towel) up to 30 cm high. In this position, the intestine can return to its normal position.
- Exercises need to select those that will allow you to alternately strengthen the muscles of the abdominal cavity and pelvic floor. The simplest exercises for the treatment of intestinal prolapse are: alternate lifting legs, a bicycle, alternately flexing the legs and pulling them up to the stomach, raising the pelvis. It is advisable to follow the proper breathing.
- After five weeks, a set of physiotherapy exercises is added to the exercises to strengthen the intestinal muscles and correct posture. Exercises should be performed only in a measured and calm pace, without sudden movements.
- After performing any exercise, a patient with a bowel movement should be completely rest for at least 20 minutes in a horizontal position on the back with slightly elevated legs (just put a small pillow under them).
- In the first days of treatment, gymnastics with the bowels lowered should not take more than 10 minutes in time. Exercises do 1 time per day. The most optimal time is two hours after meals.
- Extend the duration of the exercise can only be five weeks to 20 minutes and do them no longer once, but twice a day.
- In the third month, the number of approaches increases to three times a day. The course of physical therapy lasts 3 months.
Exercises for lowering the bowel.
It is very useful to combine physical therapy with intestinal dislocation with massage and aqua aerobics.
At first glance, therapy is not a big deal, but it is important to understand that the treatment of a prolapse of the intestines is a very long process. Ignoring the instructions specified by the doctor can only aggravate the situation. It should be added that severe omission leads to numerous and sometimes irreversible complications: weakening of the sphincters, bile penetration into the esophagus and, as a consequence, the formation of deep ulcers, the appearance of bleeding and perforation of the intestinal walls.
To surgery resorted to in very rare cases. As a rule, a complex of physical exercises is enough to return the tone to the muscles that hold the intestines. The operation consists in creating artificial connections of intestinal loops with the strongest points of the ligament apparatus, they are sewn to them with surgical threads. It should be added that this type of abdominal surgery is very complex and can cause many different complications. Also, the patient requires a long recovery period.
Prevention of congenital bowel movement does not exist. If the pathology is due to the peculiarities of the structure of the body, then all prevention is reduced to a correct and healthy lifestyle, to regular examinations and observation by a specialist.
As for the acquired pathology of the intestines, doctors also recommend carefully monitoring the state of their health: do not lift weights, adhere to proper nutrition, perform physical exercises. Women during pregnancy and after childbirth should definitely wear special, supporting bandages.
Intestinal omission is a very serious problem that can lead to irreversible consequences if not resolved in time. In men, constant intestinal pressure on neighboring organs can cause prostatitis or the development of adenoma. In women, bowel movement and pressure on the pelvic organs can lead to infertility and serious diseases of the reproductive and urinary organs. Therefore, it is important not only to consult a doctor in time for help, but also to strictly follow his instructions.