The appearance of an inguinal hernia in women occurs more often during pregnancy and in old age, when the body is weak and there are predisposing factors to various diseases. A hernia in the groin is the exit of a part or the whole organ of the abdominal cavity or small pelvis through the enlarged inguinal canal.
In women, the hernial sac may consist of the fallopian tubes, ovaries, bladder, but more often there is a bulging intestinal loop and omentum. This violation can not be eliminated without surgery, but the treatment of inguinal hernia in women can be carried out for some time at home with the use of folk remedies.
How is inguinal hernia
Inguinal hernia in women gives symptoms of dyspepsia, pain, malaise and treatment with folk remedies aimed at eliminating them. The symptoms of this disease will also be discomfort while walking, a visible increase in the labia, periodic bloating and nausea.
In women, a hernia in the groin is not as painful as in men, but this will largely depend on the organs that fall into the hernial sac. Symptoms can relate to any of them, because there is a dysfunction, and if tissue is pinched, they begin to die off completely without the possibility of their recovery.
Typical symptoms in women with inguinal hernia:
- Initial stage:
- recurrent discomfort;
- aching pain in the abdomen;
- increased pain during menstruation;
- independent reposition of the defect in the prone position;
Education can be of different diameter – from a few millimeters to tens of centimeters, which also determines the severity of the clinical picture. In a relaxed state, the prone position, the hernia disappears or it can be adjusted by lightly pressing a finger.
When there is an intestinal loop in the hernial sac, this is manifested in a violation of bowel movements, the woman is worried about constipation, which is replaced by diarrhea. If the uterus or ovaries exit, unpleasant sensations occur in the lower abdomen, pain radiates to the lower back, coccyx, increasing during the menstruation period.
Causes of hernia in women
There are the following factors for the appearance of an inguinal hernia in women:
- repeated pregnancy, difficult childbirth;
- overweight, frequent overeating;
- hard sports without proper training;
- frequent cough;
- constipation and bloating.
Hernia can be congenital and acquired. When a girl is born, education can be seen immediately, but the disease can not manifest itself for a long time, until the trigger factors influence the body. Predisposition is formed even in the period of fetal development, when the process of lowering the uterus from the abdominal cavity to the groin is disturbed. In this case, a hernia occurs either immediately after birth, or at any other time in life.
Hernia in the groin of women is diagnosed very rarely, and the period of gestation will be the main risk factor. During pregnancy, muscle divergence occurs, ligaments weaken, and all this is complemented by high pressure on the internal organs. Under the influence of these factors, an inguinal or umbilical hernia may occur in women.
Hernia surgery involves only radical removal of the formation, but during pregnancy, women are tried to control the condition of the woman conservatively, and only after childbirth is surgery scheduled. But in the case of a complicated hernia, when there is a threat to the life of a woman, emergency hernia repair is performed.
In girls at birth, a hernia is diagnosed by external signs. The reason for this is the presence of a congenital hernial sac that arises from the vaginal process. This process is formed at the time of the descent of the uterus in the groin. In girls, such a disorder occurs 10 times less frequently than in boys.
Externally, a hernia in newborns looks like an oval or rounded formation that protrudes above the skin at the moment of movement of the child and crying. It is necessary to treat the girl surgically, regardless of the size of the defect and the severity of the condition. The operation will be performed by open hernioplasty or laparoscopic method.
In girls, there is a lower risk of postoperative complications and infertility, while removing a hernia in a boy is dangerously accidental damage to the spermatic cord.
Self-treatment is unacceptable, the use of folk remedies is allowed only after examination by a doctor when an operation is scheduled and preparations are made for it. Treatment at home is possible in the case of contraindications to radical removal, but even then you must follow all the recommendations of the doctor and regularly undergo examination.
Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery includes the following activities:
- Wearing an inguinal bandage.
- Compliance with the diet.
- Elimination of high loads.
- Swimming, daily exercise.
- Physiotherapy procedures.
- Taking symptomatic drugs.
- The use of folk remedies.
Hernia loads should be moderate. If you completely avoid physical work and abandon physical education, it only hurts. Doctors recommend at the initial stage of the disease to regularly walk, swim, do exercises, but do all this only in a special bandage.
Medical gymnastics will be a good way to strengthen the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, which will prevent the reappearance of the disease after surgery. The training program must be created with a trainer who has experience in selecting exercises for inguinal hernia.
Such an approach to treatment will be effective only in case of compliance with the regime, gymnastics should be part of lifelong prevention, both before and after surgery.
Among the recipes of traditional medicine for the treatment of hernia, the following are recommended:
- Compresses. Compresses from rye bread, oak bark, wormwood and other plants can be applied to the area of education. This method should slow down the process of occurrence of complications, in addition, medical compresses will help with irritation and inflammation of the skin at the location of the hernia.
- Infusions. Healing infusions are needed in order to strengthen the body and recuperate. Useful will be infusions and decoctions of gooseberry, horsetail, immortelle, cornflower, larch bark.
- Vinegar. Daily washing of the hernial protrusion with a solution of vinegar can prevent pinching, for which it must be mixed with water in a ratio of 1/5.
- Sauerkraut. Cabbage leaf is applied to the hernia and left overnight. In brine, you can moisten gauze and apply to the protrusion.
For pain relief and prevention of inflammation, you can take medicinal decoctions:
- cornflower – A spoonful of dried grass is poured with a glass of boiling water, infused for 2 hours, then taken a few drops up to 4 times a day;
- clover – a spoonful of flowers is filled with a glass of boiling water, the agent is infused for half an hour, taken on an empty stomach on 1/3 cup;
- mountain ash – 2 spoons of flowers insist in a glass of boiling water for 3 hours, ready decoction is taken in 1/3 cup several times a day;
- walnut – 10 fruits are crushed and poured 500 g of alcohol, the infusion is left for 15 days in the sun, then taken in a teaspoon.
At home you can make healing ointment:
- 500 g of melted pork fat are poured into the jar, 1 chicken egg is placed and half a glass of acetic essence is poured. Capacity is removed for a week in a dark and cool room. A means of a week to re-melt and then store in the refrigerator. Ready ointment is applied to the hernia before bedtime.
- An equal amount of Indian onion, plantain and golden mustache are mixed, 5 tablespoons of pork fat are added, everything is mixed with a mixer and heated. In the form of heat mixture applied to the formation in the morning.
Bandage and diet
The fixing bandage is necessary both with the preventive purpose, and in the period before and after the operation. It keeps the education, warning even more organs in the inguinal canal. The bandage should be worn while doing chores, with any physical exertion, and when there is a risk of injury in the event of a large protrusion.
The bandage has some contraindications:
- unreducible hernia;
- acute diseases of the genitourinary system;
- open wounds on the skin with inflammation and suppuration;
- neoplasms in the area of contact with the bandage.
It is important to choose a bandage with a specialist, because there are different models for other purposes, and some of them can be dangerous with this disease.
Before surgery, women with inguinal hernia are better off picking a soft, one-sided bandage that is easy to hide under clothing. After surgical treatment, a more careful selection will be required, taking into account the quality of the material, stiffness and additional characteristics.
Diet is important for the prevention of complications, and has the following goals:
- reducing the load on the intestines;
- normalization of digestion;
- maintaining a balance of nutrients in the body;
- exclusion of constipation and bloating.
Women with inguinal hernia are recommended to refuse heavy food such as mushrooms, pork, fried and fatty foods. It is better to minimize the use of coffee, carbonated drinks for a while and completely eliminate alcohol. Potentially dangerous products will be peas, cabbage, milk and grapes, which provoke bloating.
The initial hernia is not dangerous, but it progresses and without an operation can become a factor of organ necrosis and poisoning of the body, which can end in death.
What is dangerous hernia in the groin in women:
- infertility – if a hernia sac of the uterus or ovaries is strangled, they die off without the possibility of restoration of function, therefore surgeons always try to prescribe the operation as early as possible;
- infringement – the process of clamping organs in the gate or hernia sac, all the contents suffer, but necrotization of the intestinal loop and the omentum occurs more often, and this can result in purulent peritonitis;
- relapse – the reappearance of a hernia occurs for various reasons, but the main factors will be inaccurate technique of the operation and the lack of a regimen after hernia repair.
Indications for surgery
It is necessary to refuse treatment at home and urgently be examined in such conditions:
- persistent pain in the perineum;
- an increase in education with the inability to right it into place;
- feeling of pulsation in the area of protrusion;
- sharp deterioration of health, fever, nausea and vomiting.
When a hernia becomes a threat to life, the operation is performed immediately, and its main goal will be to remove the damaged tissues that poison the body. After hernia repair, the event will be aimed at restoring the function of the gastrointestinal tract and returning the woman to her normal life without the risk of recurring disease.