Pain in the heart can be of a different nature. Often patients complain of stabbing pain. Usually, it is she who causes particular concern. Also, doctors believe that such pain near the heart will not always be a symptom of the disease of coronary origin.
Similar symptoms are unusual for many heart pathologies unsafe for health. It can often be observed during spinal and CNS injuries.
How does the heart hurt? Usually, complaints of sharp stabbing pain in the heart suggest feelings to the left of the chest. Most believe that the heart is located on the left. In fact, it is located in the middle of the chest, and cardiac pain is often felt behind the sternum, although it happens that it is given to the left.
Natural anxiety triggered by the occurrence of stabbing pain to the left of the heart. This does not mean that there are heart problems, but such symptoms will be a good reason for a prompt consultation with a doctor. Only he, based on analyzes, examinations, anamnesis study, will give an opinion on the causes of stitching pain to the left of the heart.
If it pricks in the region of the heart or to the left of it, then this sensation is related to the heart. Such pains can talk about heart problems, damage to the intercostal nerves, failures in the respiratory organs. The symptomatology is extremely important, therefore, it is not necessary to pay no attention to it, but it is not necessary to treat yourself, eliminating the discomfort. Only a specialist is able to identify the causes of pain, prescribe medications, if necessary.
The stabbing pain in the sternum in the middle does not always indicate pathology and serious difficulties. The heart is a muscle that can get tired of the load. You need to know about the features of pain signals and what to do in certain situations.
Causes of heart pain
The causes of pain are different.
They can be cordial and non-hearty:
- Heart reasons.
- Sharp stabbing pain with burning occurs during myocardial infarction. It is provoked by a thrombus, which blocks the proper functioning of the heart and deprives the body of nutrients, oxygen, and promotes tissue necrosis. Painful sensations are pronounced, given to the neck, jaw, limbs, shoulder blades, associated with pallor of the skin, nausea, vomiting reflex, the occurrence of anxiety and anxiety. The patient appears cold sweat, it becomes difficult to breath.
- Coronary arteries responsible for the blood supply, and the delivery of nutrients, oxygen, to the myocardium. In case of a spasm of the coronary vessels, the blood flow can stop and necrosis of the heart cells will occur. The cause of spasm in most situations – ischemia. During this period, peculiar to the attack, stitching pains to the left of the chest may appear.
- Short stitching pains near the heart appear in the period angina pectoris. This is triggered by blocking of vessels with fatty plaques formed on the vascular walls. Pain occurs in a relaxed state or during exercise. To relieve tension, you need to take a comfortable posture, relax and lie for a certain period of time.
- Stabbing pain may be a precursor of the inflammatory processes of the serous membrane of the heart. The causes of this condition can be caused by bacterial, viral or fungal infections, allergies, overdose or the chaotic use of drugs for heart ailments. The sharp pricking pain is sometimes provoked by aortic rupture.
- Non-cardiac causes:
- Heartburn is a state that is extremely unpleasant for a person, because there is a burning sensation inside, and painful sensations can be traced in the left side of the complex or near the heart. It can cause reflux. At the same time, the discomfort near the sternum continues for quite a long time.
- Pleurisy, pneumonia are inflammatory processes in the lungs. Pain near the heart may occur during inhalation, coughing. Pulmonary embolism is a cessation of blood supply to the heart due to a blood clot entering the pulmonary artery. One of the signs of such a failure would be a sharp, stabbing pain near the heart. The main symptom will intensify in the process of coughing. Also stabs heart when inhaling.
- Increasing pain on the left is characteristic of the syndrome Tietze. In such a situation it is said about inflammation in the ribs, directly in their cartilage structure. Symptoms similar to angina.
- Overwork, stressful situations, psycho-emotional over-stimulation provokes the formation of cardioneuroses. This condition is associated with a prolonged, sharp, stabbing pain near the chest. This pain has a neurotic character, so painkillers and heart remedies are useless here. The condition may become better after normalizing the daily regimen, rest, relieving emotional stress. Panic can sometimes occur for no reason at all, during which it is accompanied by emotional discomfort and excruciating pain near the chest. Panic fear, which arises, actually out of the blue.
- Bottom from left with Oskas stitching pains occur during Catch Syndrome.. The unpleasant feeling does not subside, and during the minimum movement only becomes stronger, even a deep breath is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Clinical manifestations have a similar picture with stenocardia, ischemia. The pain has a neuralgic nature, because nitroglycerin and other heart remedies do not allow to relieve it.
- In addition to these situations of non-cardiac pain there are injuries to the heart, various lung diseases, diseases of the digestive organs, pinching of the nerves, shingles and others.
Since the symptoms of stitching pain in the chest or on the left manifest themselves during various ailments, which are quite serious, you should not make a diagnosis yourself and prescribe therapy.
Consequences, what is the danger?
Complications and adverse effects of stabbing pains depend on the factors that caused it:
- For a part of the diseases, a favorable course is peculiar, for example, neuro-circulatory dystonia (the state of the central nervous system is disturbed) or osteochondrosis (intervertebral discs are destroyed and nearby nerves are compressed).
- Other illnesses during late detection, they significantly reduce the quality of life and reduce its duration. For example:
- neoplasms of the mediastinum and lungs are the cause of difficulty breathing and bleeding in the chest;
- myocarditis (inflammatory processes in the myocardium) leads to heart rhythm dysfunction and heart failure;
- gastric ulcer (formed defects of the gastric walls) is complicated by ulcerative bleeding or malignancy (conversion to cancer).
First aid for pain in the heart
- Pain near the heart may not bother long, because to focus on a simple tingling for a few seconds – should not be.
- When the pain does not pass 10 minutes or more, it is necessary to take appropriate measures. Check if heart pain is related to breathing. When inhalation pain suddenly increases and begins to prick, there is a feeling of fear inhaling the air when the age is less than 25, there is a possibility that the pain is provoked by the peculiarity of the growing organism.
- When the heart stabs in a child – this is an indication for detailed diagnosis. It is not dangerous if such sensations do not last long and pass on their own without complications.
- When pains are felt during body turns, it is unpleasant to touch the ribs – maybe it’s a cold, intercostal neuralgia, the doctor will be able to give an accurate diagnosis. He confirms this and makes recommendations, or sends to identify the causes to the cardiologist.
The question arises, what to take, if the heart beats?
- Should drink A few drops of Corvalol or Validol, which will make it possible to temporarily calm the pain. Further, in any situation, you need to go to a specialist.
- When the pain does not subside after such medications, when a burning sensation occurs, the sternum is bursting or squeezing, the person cannot move or cannot find a place, the pain has become stronger and they have begun to give to the arm, under the scapula, to call the doctors without delay.
- It can help in a difficult situation, the use of aspirin and analgin. This is an emergency, albeit an effective method.
- Before the arrival of the ambulance need to articulate what type of pain. Try to describe whether it is localized or not, the left hand is numb, fingers or not. The duration of the discomfort and what causes it: a nervous breakdown, excessive physical exertion, or manifests itself in a state of rest. This contributes to the diagnosis.
What should I do if my heart is prickly?
- Calm down. At rest, the heart consumes less oxygen. Therefore, in the presence of myocardial damage, there will be less risk of adverse effects.
- Stop provocative loads – stop while walking, sit down. When it is a noisy stuffy room, get out into the fresh air if the exit is near and you do not need to climb or descend along the stairs.
- Take any sedative medication, which is next: phenazepam, Corvalol, motherwort, valerian tincture, etc.
- Think over the type of pain. When the pain is stabbing, it intensifies during a deep breath or when the body turns, during palpation, then the pain is most likely not related to heart problems. If there is localization behind the sternum, and not near the armpit, then there is a risk of an attack of angina.
- When symptoms of angina occur – optimally call the doctors. Expecting an attack of angina is a big mistake, leading to the appearance of myocardial infarction, in particular, if not previously encountered with pain in the sternum.
REVIEW OF OUR READER!
Recently, I read an article that tells about FitofLife for the treatment of heart disease. With this tea you can FOREVER cure arrhythmia, heart failure, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction and many other heart diseases, and blood vessels at home. I was not used to trusting any information, but I decided to check and ordered a bag. I noticed the changes a week later: the constant pain and tingling in my heart tormented me before that – they retreated, and after 2 weeks they disappeared completely. Try it and you, and if anyone is interested, then the link to the article below. Read more
Recommendations that you can not do?
The main requirement is to lead an active lifestyle.
To overcome many of the causes of pain will help such preventive measures:
- The proper ratio of rest and work. In the intervals between heavy loads, you should take a break – once every 2 hours you should rest on a rest and do gymnastics for the spine for 10 minutes. Sleep after a hard day should be about 7-8 hours.
- Physical activity should be constant, but at the same time, do not overload the body.
- Balanced diet. The menu contains vegetables, fruits and fresh greens. It is necessary to refuse fried, canned, spicy and too hot food.
- Try to avoid stressful and conflict situations at work and at home.
- When a sticking pain appears near the heart, in time refer to the therapist who will send the patient to the specialized doctors.
Dangerous associated symptoms
It is extremely important to understand the causes of such piercing sensations.
It happens that this malaise accompanies:
When painful sensations are disturbed near the left half of the chest, they are called cardialgia. It is not an independent disease, but a complex of various painful conditions associated with the heart and other causes.
Signs of cardialgia:
- pain sensations that are located in the left side of the chest, behind the sternum. Occasionally there is a stabbing pain near the armpit. Pain is completely dependent on the position of the person. For example, it may become stronger when the patient bends forward or raises his left hand up;
- poor sleep;
- impaired swallowing;
- blurred eyes;
- the patient does not have the possibility of a full breath, because there is a feeling of lack of air; in difficult situations, the appearance of pre-unconscious states or convulsive contractions is likely;
- when the symptoms of the disease manifest themselves in a state of absolute rest, this indicates the progress of neurocircular dystonia. In such a situation, the following signs will be added to the general pathology: chronic fatigue, weakness, and a decrease in working capacity.
When to consult a doctor?
When there is a suspicion of manifestation of an attack of angina, it is necessary:
- Immediately stop work, if possible, take a sitting or lying down position;
- Loosen the collar and belt;
- Take nitroglycerin or validol under the tongue, drip 30 drops of valocordin or Corvalol;
- When the pain still persists for 5 minutes, take 2 tablets of nitroglycerin under the tongue, tell your housemates or fellow workers to call the doctors without delay.
- When calling an ambulance, a detailed description of stabbing pain must be given: type, concentration (place), where it gives, the duration of the attack, whether there were any cardiovascular diseases before, means that you use.
- When there is no suspicion of angina, pain near the chest is not strong, stabbing, increasing during a deep breath, turning, bending of the body, given in the back, you need to take painkillers and call the doctors.
Diagnosis of heart disease
The heart diagnostic program consists of many stages and may include such procedures:
- Consultation with a cardiologist. Specialist dealing with the problems of the patient’s heart. Directly with him should consult and come during discomfort near the heart.
- The doctor interrogates the patient, performs an examination and listens to the rhythm of the heart to detect noise. Percussion (tapping of the heart) is also attributed to the primary examination.
- Rhythm regularity
- The functioning of the myocardium.
- Heart rate. An electrocardiogram makes it possible to detect ischemia, arrhythmias and rapid heartbeat.