Any discomfort in the heart area is not only a physical inconvenience, but also frightens possible diseases. The person immediately draws a picture of a terrible illness and succumbs to the habit of panicking. Of course, heart disease is one of the most serious and common in our time, but most ailments develop gradually, so if you pay attention to regularly appearing symptoms, exacerbation can be prevented.
Note that pressure, dull and sharp pain in the chest does not mean 100% heart disease. In most cases, the young working-age population is diagnosed with completely different diseases associated with anything, but not with the heart, although it is better to check.
Causes of pressure in the chest
So why pressure in the chest, and even in the middle? There are several reasons for this:
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine. Even in childhood, children reluctantly monitor their posture, and parents are tired of constantly teaching their children to the mind. The formation of scoliosis is also affected by asthenic physique and insufficiently strengthened back muscles, when it becomes simply difficult for the child to straighten shoulders and keep the back straight.
To prevent this from happening, it is better to give a teenager to your favorite sport — the combat section or pool is quite suitable for the boy, the girls enjoy dancing circles with pleasure.
If you do not do it in time, you can already experience spinal osteochondrosis at a conscious age, and this is a direct consequence of the omission of parents who have allowed advanced scoliosis. As a result, nerve trunks and endings are impaired, the pain increases with movements and increasing physical exertion. Now the patient will have to cope with this independently, prepare for a long course of recovery and daily work on yourself.
- Crushes in the chest in patients with gastroesophageal reflux, when after a meal the substance is thrown from the stomach into the esophagus. Contractions of skeletal muscles cause compression of the sternum, which also affects the trachea, which is modified, and it becomes difficult for a person to breathe.
- Intercostal neuralgia is an inseparable symptom of spinal osteochondrosis. The slightest movement delivers pain and a pressing feeling with a deep breath and exhalation.
- Peptic ulcer or gastritis with increased secretion of gastric juice – the gastric juice literally eats away the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, which swells and squeezes the diaphragm, as a result of which the patient has difficulty breathing, and the heart has nothing to do with it.
- Pulmonary embolism associated with blockage of the artery of the lung with a blood clot. Pathology creates the feeling that something is pressing in the chest. If you do not provide timely medical care, the patient may die.
- Panic attacks resulting from neurosis or stressful situations, exacerbation of vegetovascular dystonia. In this case, not only presses in the chest, but also the heartbeat quickens, tense muscles can involuntarily twitch.
- Angina pectoris indicates a lack of oxygen for the heart, which increases the pressure in the chest. The task of the doctor is to prescribe drugs for a sufficient amount of blood supply.
- If a person is confronted with aortic dissection, it is also possible to feel as if he is pressing in the middle of the chest.
Features of diagnosis, when the pressure in the chest
If there is an oppressive feeling in the middle of the chest, the first thing to do is to drop all doubts and affairs and go to the doctor. If you have no strength to endure, you can call an ambulance, which immediately removes the ECG and tells you whether your heart is in order or not.
When you come to a scheduled appointment with a doctor at the clinic, you need to tell frankly about all sensations and complaints. Do not be afraid to say too much, perhaps this is what will help the health worker to identify a more complete picture.
Most likely, several types of simple studies will be assigned:
- radiography of the sternum;
- examination of the condition of the lungs.
Such methods allow you to identify the most dangerous and life-threatening diseases of the person – heart attack, pleurisy, tuberculosis. In the remaining list of ailments remain intercostal neuralgia, osteochondrosis of the chest. To verify the accuracy of the diagnosis, it is desirable for the patient to undergo an MRI scan of the chest area and visit a vertebrologist.
Pressure treatment in the middle of the chest
70% of complaints about the pressure in the middle of the chest is eliminated with the help of therapy aimed at correcting the spine:
- anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs;
- while relieving the condition – daily therapeutic exercises;
- manual treatment;
- physical activity during the day.
In general, the patient is recommended to review their lifestyle and truly engage in health. You can treat the disease with medicines, but the pain and pressure in the middle of the chest will reappear, so the drugs in this case are not a panacea.