Thrush is a disease in which a fungal infection enters the body. These fungi live in every healthy human body. But since they spread – there is candidiasis (thrush).
Before you know that you have thrush – you need to consider several reasons that contribute to the development of the disease:
- abuse of potent antibiotics;
- decrease in immunity (change in climatic conditions, or emotional stress);
- the last months of pregnancy;
What will the article tell you?
Types and symptoms
Depending on the type of disease (as it may be on different parts of the body), the following types of this disease are distinguished:
- Surface (defeat of the upper layer of the skin with the formation of a shiny appearance). There are two types: erythematous and vesicular.
- Interdigital view. It is very hard to pick up. It is found only among gardeners who work for days on their own plots.
- Mucous membranes. This is the most common type. It occurs in children and adults. Symptoms: redness, the surface is smooth with a brilliant shade, and most importantly – the presence of white bloom, which, if removed, can cause erythema. Damage zones: tongue, mouth corners, lips, tonsils. In the process of illness, the body temperature does not rise.
- Stomach affection. To determine the presence of this type can be on the following characteristics: pain in the intestine, low acidity of gastric juice, discomfort, diarrhea. It is possible to determine the presence of the presented type of ailment on the basis of discharge (usually, along with the feces, there may be blood along with mucus).
- Lesions of the esophagus. This species is very difficult to determine, since it can easily be confused with gastroenterological diseases. Manifestations: heartburn, lack of appetite, hard to swallow food, nausea and vomiting, fever, diarrhea, periodic pain in the stomach.
It occurs in women in the period before menstruation, and even during the post-menstrual phase. In the process, inflammation of the genital mucosa occurs. It is characterized by: a small outflow (can be eroded at autopsy), the presence of a layer of white film, the dry state of the small and large labia, and itching, which can be aggravated after going to the toilet, taking a bath, and intercourse. There are also 2 types of this disease: spicy (white vaginal discharge) and chronic (state of infiltration and hyperemia).
- vaginal stenosis;
- the possibility of pelvic infections;
- urinary tract infections;
- miscarriage, or the birth of a baby with low weight;
- rupture of the fruit coat;
- premature birth.
To find out if there is thrush in men, you should look at the manifestation of this disease:
- Balanite – This is the defeat of the head and foreskin of the penis with white fungi. It is always characterized by erosion, redness, hyperemia.
- Urethra lesion (often confused with gonorrhea). The disease proceeds smoothly, and has an incubation period of 3 months.
- Cystitis. The spread of the fungus in the bladder. Frequent urination, and heaviness in the area of the diseased organ are the foremost signs of infection.
How to determine that you have thrush (male signs):
- itching in the genital area, frequent and painful urination;
- the formation of a thin and snow-white film on the foreskin and the head of the penis;
- redness of the mucous membranes;
- will during sexual contact, and a decrease in the sensitivity of erogenous zones;
- lack of desire for intimacy;
- disgusting smell from discharge;
- small ulcers and cracks.
- white rash.
How to understand that you have thrush – signs among women:
- Heartburn and discomfort in intimate places.
- White (cheesy) vaginal discharge, including white on the genitals.
- Severe urination, pain during intercourse.
- puffiness, dry skin in intimate places;
- small bleeding ulcers;
- differences in body temperature;
- in the event that no action is taken, the illness will descend every day down the body, thereby affecting the internal organs, tissues, and the development of other forms of the disease (candidiasis of the nails, skin, fingers, etc.);
- weakness, irritability.
How to treat?
It is very important to start taking measures as soon as possible in order to avoid undesirable consequences (chronic form and damage to other parts of the body). When you are assigned an integrated approach to business, they should not be neglected. To cope with this disease, there are many drugs. They differ only in the area of application: surface application (candles for the vagina, cream), as well as internal (tablets and capsules).
Have you noticed that the foreskin of the glans head became a different color? The inflammation probably went. In this case, you can help a progressive and proven cream with the addition of clotrimazole. All 7 consecutive days it is applied with smooth movements 2 times a day (the period is chosen independently) with a thin layer on the head itself.
Depending on the type of disease (mild, persistent, acute, and so on), there are different treatment options. Light form – application of the above mentioned cream is quite enough, including local (local) purpose means (various candles). Regarding the broad-spectrum means, they are not recommended to drink or prick them (only in some cases), as they suppress the desired vaginal microflora. Additionally, you can take fluconazole. If the disease is acute, or in the chronic stage – doctors prescribe immunotherapy, physiotherapy, as well as additional drugs.
Eliminate recurrent type of disease
If you determine that you have thrush for a long time (up to about 4 exacerbations per year), then the following options are acceptable for its treatment:
- Vaginal suppositories and tablets (with Clotrimazole) should be used once a week for a month.
- Internal treatment with fluconazole. It is recommended to take 1 time per week for one month.
The treatment here is better with local therapy. Taking internal medication is not allowed (as this may damage the health of the child).
How to understand that thrush passes, you can determine by improving your health. After a course of intensive exposure to drugs, it is imperative (within a few weeks) certain results should appear. First, the rash will begin to pass. The size of the whitish film on the tongue, or on the genitals (depending on the location of the fungus) will noticeably decrease. Pain in the affected area will be noticeably reduced. The amount of discharge will be much less, in contrast to the period at the beginning of the disease.
According to statistics men recover much faster than women (and also less likely to get sick with this disease). Basically, if you resort to an intensive course from a doctor (with the help of creams and an additional internal dose of medication), then it is not difficult to recover in a few weeks (the maximum recovery period is up to one month). Before you understand that the thrush is gone, the man improves the following symptoms:
- the disappearance of ulcers and white film from the genitals;
- the return of intimate desire;
- the disappearance of pain and discomfort during intercourse;
- improved (infrequent) urination, which is no longer accompanied by acute pain in the groin area;
- the disappearance of itching of the vulva;
- redness passes;
- foul odor from excretion disappears;
- improved appetite and mood;
- productivity increases.
As women complete the course longer than men, the signs that women have had thrush for women are determined by the following:
- the disappearance of white bloom;
- the disappearance of discharge from the vaginal opening;
- unpleasant odors disappear;
- pain during urination passes, sexual activity improves;
- markedly improved mood and appetite.
But after you have learned that thrush has passed, you need to continue the course yourself. It is very simple, the most important thing is to regularly perform and adhere to hygienic principles. Here are some simple rules by which you can free yourself from the possibility of becoming sick with thrush:
- Healthy food. This is perhaps one of the most important points. Use dairy products that have not been pasteurized, but have live bacteria in them.
- Exclude from your wardrobe narrow type underwear made of synthetic and other artificial materials.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene. Give yourself a separate toothbrush, a separate towel (for wiping, as well as intimate places). Do not wear someone else’s shoes. Do not use cheap products for hygiene, because they contain a lot of dyes (this applies to soap, shower gel, as well as sanitary pads).
Be protected. Candidiasis can easily be transmitted sexually. If you notice signs of illness in your sexual partner, it is better to refrain from intimate relationships and undergo intensive treatment, including additional prophylaxis. And after you realize that thrush passes, you can renew the sexual relationship again.