Serious allergic pathologies include bronchial asthma. This disease can occur at any age, including in children. Is it possible to cure bronchial asthma and get rid of it forever? This disease affects the quality of life and can even lead to disability. Treatment of asthma depends on the nature of the course of the disease. Completely get rid of the pathological state is possible only in cases where the disease is in a mild degree. If the disease progresses, proper treatment can stop the process or slow it down. How to provide first aid in the attack of this pathology, the doctor of any profession should know.
Bronchial asthma: symptoms and treatment in adults
The main symptom of asthma is a bronchial obstruction syndrome. It is accompanied by asthma attacks. Difficulty breathing is observed at night and daytime. The frequency and duration of attacks depends on the severity of the disease. Asphyxiation occurs due to edema and spasm of the muscle layer of the bronchi. At the onset of the disease, this symptom is provoked by various exogenous effects. Among them:
- The penetration of allergens into the body. Hyperactivity from the bronchi can be manifested by inhalation of the pollen of some plants, animal hair. An asthma attack is triggered by food allergens – citrus fruits, chocolate, honey, etc.
- Infection with viral and bacterial agents. Inflammation of the respiratory organs aggravates the course of bronchial asthma.
- Sharp temperature drops, windy weather.
- Cigarette smoke.
- Strong smells of perfume products, flowers, etc.
With the progression of pathology seizures occur independently, without provocative effects. Obstruction syndrome is the main symptom that accompanies bronchial asthma. Symptoms and treatment in adults depend on the degree of respiratory failure. It is possible to determine how narrowed the bronchial lumen is, thanks to special studies: spirography and peak flow measurements. For the treatment of this syndrome, medications are used that relieve spasm and prevent the development of inflammation. These include inhaled glucocorticosteroids.
Asthma treatment methods
The exact answer to the question of how to cure asthma forever, does not exist. However, according to doctors, this is possible if all therapeutic and prophylactic measures are respected. Asthma treatment is a long process that involves several steps. The use of medicines is necessary for the relief of attacks. But only drug therapy is not able to eliminate the causes of pathology. To overcome the disease, apply an integrated approach. The question of how to cure bronchial asthma is discussed in specially organized schools on the basis of a polyclinic institution. They are created in order to teach patients control over their disease.
- Observance of a healthy lifestyle. It is possible to defeat bronchial asthma or slow it down only after giving up bad habits.
- Diet therapy. In most cases, the etiological factor in the development of this pathology is an allergic reaction. Therefore, the exclusion from the diet of certain products is necessary to prevent attacks of the disease.
- Traditional methods of treatment. The use of various herbal infusions and inhalations does not apply to etiological therapy. However, traditional methods are effective in combating asthma symptoms.
- Drug Therapy. The use of medications is necessary to control the activity of asthma, as well as for the relief of asthma symptoms.
In addition to the listed approaches to therapy, each patient and his relatives should be aware of the possibility of developing an acute condition. In such cases, immediate assistance and hospitalization are required. Effective treatment of bronchial asthma includes adherence to all the listed points. First of all, each patient should be interested in recovering and controlling his illness.
Clinical guidelines for the treatment of bronchial asthma: a stepped approach
According to the clinical guidelines used by doctors in all countries, there are 5 levels of medical treatment for bronchial asthma. They are used depending on the severity and nature of the disease. According to this, stands out:
- Intermittent bronchial asthma. It is characterized by rare bouts of bronchial obstruction and short-term exacerbations of the condition. Symptoms of choking during the day develop less than 1 time per week. At night, there are no more than 2 attacks per month. Intermittent asthma corresponds to the first stage of treatment. Appointed inhalation of beta-adrenergic short-acting. These include drugs Salbutamol and Fenoterol.
- Mild persistent asthma. Peak expiratory flow rate is more than 80%, which almost corresponds to the norm. Symptoms of difficulty breathing occur more often than once a week during the day, and more than 2 attacks per month – at night. Compared with the intermittent course, short-acting glucocorticosteroids are added to the treatment by inhalation. These include drugs budesonide, beclomethasone, fluticasone.
- Persistent asthma of moderate severity. It is characterized by daily symptoms of choking and frequent night attacks (more than 1 time per week). Sleep and physical activity are disturbed. Peak expiratory flow rate ranges from 60 to 80%. Corresponds to the third stage of treatment. Prescribe the same drugs, but in medium dosages. The combined medicines Spiriva and Seretid are also suitable for treatment. Low doses of hormones can be used in combination with leukotriene receptor antagonists. These include the drug Montelukast.
- Severe persistent asthma. It is characterized by frequent attacks of bronchial obstruction and a decrease in PSV of less than 60%. For her treatment apply the 4th and 5th stages of treatment. It depends on the severity of the symptoms. Medium or high doses of hormones in combination with long-acting beta-adrenomimetics are referred to the 4th stage of treatment. In some cases, leukotriene receptor antagonists are prescribed. Treatment on the 5th stage is the same, with the addition of oral forms of glucocorticosteroids.
Compliance with clinical recommendations helps to control the disease and prevent acute attacks – asthmatic status. Additionally, symptomatic therapy is applied. It includes antitussive, antihistamine and mucolytic agents.
Help with asthmatic status
In addition to how to cure bronchial asthma, you need to know about the methods of first aid in this disease. In some cases, the drugs that the patient takes daily is not enough. Sometimes the pathology progresses after a break in treatment and exposure to provoking factors. In such cases, develops a complication such as asthmatic status. It is characterized by progressive asphyxiation, not passing after inhaled beta-adrenergic mimetics.
To help the patient, you should free his neck from the embarrassing clothes and open the window. It is important to try to calm the person, as this condition is accompanied by nervous excitement. For relief of asphyxiation, Eufillin and Prednisone are injected intravenously. These medicines are available in every first aid kit.
Treatment of exacerbations of bronchial asthma
Despite the fact that the answer to the question of how to cure bronchial asthma forever, is ambiguous, doctors are aware of ways to prolong the remission of the pathological condition. To exacerbations occur as rarely as possible, it is necessary to avoid provocative influences. First of all, it is necessary to exclude everything that causes allergies. These include household items, dust, carpets, pets, etc. Also, infection with colds should be avoided. To strengthen the immune system is to take vitamins, lead a healthy lifestyle.
Features of treatment in children
Methods of treating bronchial asthma in children include the same methods as for adults. It is worth paying attention to the fact that drugs from the group of beta adrenomimetics can be addictive, so you should focus on non-drug effects. In particular – the exclusion of all possible allergens. How to cure asthma in a child and not harm his health? Glucocorticoids should be started with small doses, the method of their introduction – inhalation. Tablets containing hormones, cause a lot of adverse reactions, especially on the child’s body. In pediatrics, leukotriene receptor antagonists and mast cell membrane stabilizers are used. Among them, the drug Cromolin sodium, which prevents the development of an inflammatory reaction in the bronchi.
Indications for inpatient treatment
Bronchial asthma is a severe lung disease that often requires hospitalization. Indications for inpatient treatment include:
- The first identified disease. If the local doctor suspected asthma, hospitalization is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.
- The deterioration of the patient, despite the treatment.
- Asthmatic status.
- Control therapy. Routine hospitalization should be carried out 1-2 times a year.
One of the indications is the serious condition of the patient and the inability to independently carry out the doctor’s prescriptions.
The role of lifestyle in the treatment of asthma
How to cure asthma completely? To do this, start with the right lifestyle. In order not to provoke the progression of the disease, it is important to stop drinking and smoking. Inhalation of tobacco smoke causes inflammation of the bronchial tissue and deterioration. You should spend time in the fresh air, perform wet cleaning of the room as often as possible. Under severe working conditions (work with dust, chemicals, physical labor), the scope of activity should be changed.
Diet therapy in bronchial asthma
Patients are often interested in how to cure asthma at home. In addition to a healthy lifestyle, it is important to pay attention to nutrition. If possible, you should use natural products that do not contain various chemical additives. It is necessary to exclude citrus fruits, fish and canned meat, concentrated milk, beverages, chocolate, honey, nuts, etc.
Folk recipes for asthma
How to cure asthma with the help of popular recipes? To prevent exacerbations of the disease, it is recommended to use infusions of tea rose and plantain, lungwort. To relieve inflammation of the airways, it is necessary to drink several teaspoons of onion juice before eating. It is recommended to do this every month for 10 days. It is also important to do breathing exercises.
Inhalation for bronchial asthma expansion
Since asthma clogs the bronchial lumen, it is preferable to take inhalations for treatment. They are used during exacerbations of the disease. Inhalation based on 200 grams of straw, 2 tablespoons of alcohol and 20 drops of valerian is considered effective. The listed ingredients pour 2 liters of boiling water. The patient should cover his head and breathe this mixture for 15-20 minutes. To improve the condition, repeat the procedure 5 times.