Before you start cooking, you need to buy a suitable liver. If you are faced with a choice: buy fresh or frozen, then take, of course, fresh. The quality will be much better. Pay attention to the smell and color of the selected piece. No stains should be! Only smooth uniform color and pleasant smell. If there is the slightest hint of a smell that is unpleasant to you, give up buying, so as not to get a stale product.
Which liver is better?
Often you can doubt which liver to buy: pork, beef, or chicken. The choice depends on what you like more. Beef liver is tougher and coarser than pork, but it is more useful. Pork liver is more tender and has a slightly bitter taste and red-brown color. Chicken liver is a dietary and deli product. Low-calorie, it contains many vitamins: A, B2, B9, PP. Any liver is useful for blood formation and maintaining immunity. It is known that any liver is a tasty and healthy product, but not everyone knows that it is most useful in stewed form. But how many people know how to extinguish the liver so that its useful properties are preserved, and the dish remains tasty?
First, let’s figure out how to put out chicken liver, the most tender of all.
- liver – 600 g .;
- onions – 1 medium onion;
- sour cream – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- vegetable oil;
- salt, spices as desired.
- Liver wash;
- Cut the onion into half rings and fry it;
- Put the liver in the onion, continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes;
- After 10-15 minutes add sour cream, salt and spices.
Beef (or pork) liver
Now it’s time to learn how to stew beef liver to make the dish tasty. The difference in the preparation of beef and pork liver is small, the whole thing in the pretreatment.
Beef liver covered with foil, from which it is better to get rid before starting cooking. To remove it, it is necessary to make an incision from one of the edges of the liver and, pulling it with a knife, it is easy to pull. Try not to use force, and the film will be removed easily and completely. And be sure to remove the veins, fat and bile ducts. Frozen liver must be completely defrosted beforehand.
- liver – 500 g .;
- carrots – 1 pc .;
- vegetable or cream oil;
- salt pepper;
- Bay leaf;
- sour cream –100 g .;
- milk – 1.5 l.
- Pour milk into prepared liver and leave for 2 hours. Then rinse and cut into slices or straws;
- Cut the onion half rings, carrot sticks;
- Fry onion until brownish, put carrots, add salt and pepper;
- After 5 minutes put the liver in a frying pan and close it with a lid; simmer for 10-15 minutes;
- Add sour cream to the dish and continue stewing for 5-7 minutes; in 1-2 minutes before the end of the quenching put in a pan bay leaf.
Serving to the table
When the liver is ready, it is better to extract the bay leaf so that it does not give the dish bitterness. It is recommended to prepare the liver at one time and serve immediately after preparation. When heated, it loses its taste and softness. The main thing in cooking is to know how to put out the liver tastyly and to have the desire to do it.