Almost every person in his life faced with the unpleasant sensation of nausea. Painful, painful sensations sometimes lead to severe vomiting, without improving a person’s condition. In this case, it is extremely important to carry out the necessary treatment of diseases, the symptoms of which are nausea.
But what to do when there is no time to hurry to the medic, and the feeling of nausea does not allow a person to exist peacefully. How to get rid of nausea at home, what effective recipes exist? And what should be done so that this syndrome does not return again.
Before looking for what to drink from nausea at home, you need to understand the causes of this phenomenon. If an unpleasant syndrome has appeared when traveling by road or sea travel, this condition does not apply to pathologies.. These are only the consequences of an underdeveloped vestibular apparatus.
When nausea appears regularly, without visible provoked factors, such a syndrome should already be attributed to the pathological, requiring the advice of a doctor.
This phenomenon is the main symptom of diseases associated with disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, sometimes you have to run around specialists to establish the true culprit of nausea. In addition to the therapist, you should visit an endocrinologist, a neurologist and a cardiologist.
The culprit painful nausea can be numerous diseases of internal organs. These include:
- Gastrointestinal problems. The presence of ulcers, gastritis and disorders of the stomach and intestines contributes to nausea. With the exacerbation of these diseases, nausea comes to the patient constantly after eating. Additionally, a person may feel heartburn and heaviness in the stomach.
- Diseases of the gallbladder. With diagnosed problems of this level, nausea can haunt a person at any time, regardless of the meal. In addition to nausea, the patient feels a feeling of discomfort in the region of the pre-alba and aching pain. The taste of bitterness, heartburn and flatulence are often noted.
- Inflammation of the pancreas. In this case, in addition to the constant nausea in the patient, there is a dull pain on the right under the ribs, a feeling of bitter taste with a metallic tinge. Diarrhea may also develop. Sometimes doctors state a sudden drop in body weight.
- Appendicitis. With acute inflammation of the appendix nausea is felt especially acutely. It takes place against the background of an increase in temperature to + 38—39⁰ C.
- Intoxication. In case of poisoning of the body, nausea appears some time after eating a low-quality product. In this case, the syndrome is especially strong. As a rule, it always leads to vomiting. In case of poisoning, severe abdominal pain, feverish states and deep digestive disorders are observed.
- Viral hepatitis. This disease also causes a persistent feeling of nausea. In addition, the patient has a loss of appetite, fever, fever and severe soreness of the muscles and joints.
Not only diseases can cause unpleasant symptoms. Pregnancy, some medications, allergies, various injuries are to blame for nausea. Also, nausea is a constant sign of hangover syndrome and withdrawal symptoms on the background of alcohol abuse.
Doctors often diagnose bouts of nausea in women during various hormonal disruptions, during menopause and menstruation. This situation also requires medical advice.
How to remove nausea at home: the advice of a psychologist
It is possible to stop unpleasant symptoms by yourself quickly and efficiently, without waiting for the arrival of doctors. The painful syndrome will leave after carrying out a number of some procedures. So what should be done.
Relax and get distracted
Very often, nausea becomes a sign of anxiety experienced by a person under certain conditions. To stop nausea, you can try to completely relax, having a rest on a comfortable sofa. If simple rest does not help, apply a number of the following recommendations:
- Try to relax as much as possible, driving all thoughts out of your head.
- Lie flat on the bed, but at the same time take a position that the head was above the rest of the body.
- Try to fall asleep if you suffer from insomnia, drink a soothing tea from medicinal plants, in this case oregano, St. John’s wort, chamomile, motherwort, mint, valerian, thyme, willow tea, and black black tea will help.
The access of fresh oxygen to the lungs will help to cope with the symptom. Deep measured breathing will also remove the feeling of discomfort in the peritoneum, relieve anxiety and clear the airways. Experts advise to get the full effect, apply the following methods:
- With deep breathing, think / remember good moments in life.
- Before breathing exercises take a comfortable posture and close your eyes.
- Remove all nearby electronic devices – the neighborhood with them may not give the expected result.
- Then you should take a very slow breath through your nose and hold your breath for 2-3 seconds. Exhale should also slowly through the mouth. Breathe like that for 10-15 seconds.
To relieve nausea at home helps applying a cool compress. This event is especially effective in case of temperature increase. How to carry out the procedure:
- Choose a suitable piece of fabric, you can use the brand name.
- Fold the cut several times and wet in cool water.
- Take a lying or sitting position and relax as much as possible.
- The compress itself is placed in the neck from the back.
Drive away unhealthy thoughts
Doctors advise at the first symptoms of nausea to direct all forces to distract themselves from this unpleasant state.. What can be done? Do house cleaning, talk with friends, spend time watching a fascinating movie. And while using the following tips:
- Avoid activities that require special concentration. Such activities can aggravate the symptom by triggering stress.
- It is during the feeling of anxiety that a person may experience a feeling of nausea. Everything possible should be done to distract oneself from painful thinking and solving urgent problems.
- For a time, save yourself from physical exertion. Active sports can cause stomach discomfort, which further aggravate the nausea syndrome.
Yoga as a valuable helper
Sometimes the painful feeling of nausea arises on the basis of physiological problems in the area of the stitches and back. To avoid trouble, you can periodically stretch these parts of the body. These exercises will help to arrest the feeling of nausea. There are several ways to conduct these exercises:
- Take a sitting position on crossed legs (like a lotus pose), face down. Bend down so that the body with the legs forms an angle of 45 °. Being so, slowly lean forward, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements and straining the muscles of the neck.
- Sitting position on a chair. The shoulder girdle is as relaxed as possible and the palms are placed on the hips. Head slowly tilt to the side. After 30-40 seconds, it slowly returns to its original position and leans in the opposite direction. It should be 4-5 repetitions.
- Lie back down next to the wall. The legs should be pulled out along the wall, the buttocks should be pressed tightly against it, trying to press the little red falcon too. Fix the position of the body and leave it for 5-6 minutes. Time can be calculated by the number of breaths / breaths. After 50-60 breaths the exercise can be completed.
What will popular ways
Effectively cope with nausea and help proven methods of traditional medicine. These methods will not only remove the unpleasant symptoms, but also remove the duplicating signs: anxiety, anxiety, minor pain in the stomach.
The use of proven popular recipes will provide quick and effective removal of nausea without developing additional symptoms.
There is a lot of advice from folk healers. Meet the most productive of them and choose the most acceptable method:
- Peppermint. Dry grass (25 g) steamed with boiling water (200 ml) and leave to infuse for 2-2.5 hours. The resulting drug is recommended to drink 50 ml three times a day.
- Melissa. A very effective plant that helps to stop nausea. Dry herbal harvest should be crushed and brewed with hot water (based on 400 ml of water 30 g of vegetable raw materials). Bring weight to a boil and infuse for about 4 hours. Take inside 200 ml twice a day.
- Herbal collection. If liver problems cause nausea, the following recipe may help. Mix mint, lemon balm, St. John’s wort, chamomile in the same amount and put them in a thermos. Steam the contents of boiling water and leave for 4-5 hours. Ready drink is drunk instead of the usual tea until the complete disappearance of unpleasant feelings.
- Citrus peel. Peel any citrus fruits finely chop and place in a glass container. Pour them with pure vodka and set them on for about a week. Then filter and remove the mass in a dark place. As soon as there is a feeling of nausea, add 3–4 drops of the obtained alcoholic tincture to a glass of warm water and drink.
- Potato juice. A couple of potato tubers peeled and ground in a blender (you can use a juicer). To relieve the feeling of nausea, it is enough to take 10-12 ml of the obtained juice.
- Ginger root. Another effective method to combat nausea is ginger root. It should be finely grind or grated. When a person is overcome by a nausea attack, ginger is added to tea, juice, water, or simply chewed slowly.
- Honey and parsley. The leaves of the plant (15-20 g) should be ground beforehand and mixed with natural honey (10-12 ml). Finished medication for nausea should be taken orally, 10 g 2-3 times a day.
In order not to suffer from unpleasant sensations and not to look feverishly at the most effective ways to combat nausea, you can simply try to prevent the development of such a state. And preventive measures will help in this, which everyone should know, for whom nausea has become the norm of life. They consist in the following tips:
- include dry biscuits, dryers or crackers in your breakfast ration;
- do not forget to warm up every morning, especially train the muscles of the shoulder girdle and neck;
- Before each meal, gnaw a lemon slice, a piece of ice or eat some sour berries: cherry plum, cranberries, plums;
- try not to overeat, so as not to provoke a feeling of overcrowding in the stomach;
- avoid eating foods with a sharp, specific flavor;
- reduce the intake of spicy, salty, fried and fatty foods;
- should reduce the amount of sweet food;
- during the meal you should not drink a lot of liquid, otherwise you will definitely feel nauseous, it is better to drink water an hour before or after meals;
- Chew all your food thoroughly and for a long time, do not allow it to get into the stomach in too large a size;
- eat slowly, slowly and in small portions;
- If you are on any medication, take it after meals.
With the careful implementation of all the recommended tips with the connection of gymnastics and traditional medicine, you can quickly and effectively get rid of the painful nausea syndrome in a very short time. But do not delay the visit to the doctors! After all, recurring nausea can be a symptom of many internal problems and a concomitant factor of disease. Take care of your health!