The hematoma on the face, and especially under the eye, is an unpleasant phenomenon, both morally and physically. Whatever the origin of the bruise, each of us tries to hide it, disguise it and quickly withdraw. Otherwise, misunderstandings, conjectures and assumptions begin, even if the bruise did occur in the fall or hit of a blunt object. Today we will talk about bruising – how and why it turns out, how to act in the first minutes after the impact and how to remove or mask an existing hematoma.
Why does a bruise appear under the eye
A bruise is a rupture of blood capillaries that may be damaged due to injury or for other reasons. The bruise is manifested not only by the blue and redness of the skin surface, but also by excessive pain, swelling. The skin on the lower eyelid is rather soft, loose and thin. The blood vessels in this area are very tender and sensitive. Therefore, even a minor impact can lead to hematoma. Why does a bruise occur?
- Injury. This is the most common cause of bruising under the eye. However, one should not assume that a hematoma appears only in fighters and athletes. Careless blow with a blunt object in the eye can be obtained anywhere – at home, in the country, in nature.
- If the blow fell on one eye, a bruise forms directly below it. But it often happens that the blow falls on the nose. In this case, the hematoma is formed under both eyes. This area is so sensitive that even a small exposure leads to serious hemorrhage. This often happens with young mothers. A child sitting in his arms, may inadvertently twitch, which leads to the impact of the back of the head of the baby in the zone of the nose.
- The bruises most often tend to people with various diseases of the blood vessels. Hematomas appear even with minor effects if hormonal changes occur in the body or there is a shortage of vitamin C and R. Excessive use of aspirin can also affect the elasticity of blood vessels.
- A bruise under the eye may be the result of dental and ENT diseases, surgery. Bruises often develop as an allergic reaction to insect bites.
If you take into account athletes, bruises often appear in martial arts, football, hockey. Therefore, engaging in these sports, you need to use the means of protection.
First aid for injury
How to remove the bruise under the eye with the help of pharmaceuticals
If you do not have time to apply a cold and a bruise still appeared, you can cope with it too. Normally, the hematoma goes away in 7-10 days, changing color from deep dark purple to greenish and yellow. To speed up this process is possible using pharmaceutical means for removing bruises.
- Bodyaga This is a natural remedy made on the basis of a freshwater sponge. Bodyaga perfectly irritates the skin, increasing blood circulation and metabolic processes. The powder is diluted to a state of gruel, and then applied to the area of the hematoma twice a day. Be careful not to get powder in your eyes!
- Heparin ointment. This tool thins the blood and resolves blood clots. Ointment has a direct purpose in the form of the fight against bruises. The drug not only contributes to the resorption of hematomas, but also perfectly fights with edema.
- Troxevasin. This tool is designed to combat varicose veins. Ointment perfectly resolves various blood formations, hematomas, spider veins.
- Vitamin D. It must be used both inward and outwardly. Vitamin from the ampoule should be rubbed into the hematoma zone. Take vitamin D inside to strengthen the blood vessels and make them more elastic. Regular intake of vitamin protects the skin from bruises with minor bruises.
- Arnica. This plant has healing properties. The plant can be used in its pure form, using its decoction, tincture, making lotions. In the pharmacy, you can find the finished gel based on the medicinal extract. The gel tones blood vessels, dilutes stagnant processes, contributes to the early removal of bruise.
In addition, you can get rid of a bruise using drugs such as Lioton, Bruise-Off, Lifeguard, PsaloBalzam, Sos, Warrior and
Folk remedies for removing bruise
If at home you did not have the above ointments and gels, and you don’t want to go to the pharmacy in this form, do not worry. You can get rid of the bruise with the help of folk remedies, many of which are sure to be in your home.
- Cabbage. Cabbage leaf has a pronounced absorbable property, because it is not in vain that it is used in the fight against lumps in the mammary gland during lactostasis and mastitis. Cabbage needs to be crushed in a meat grinder, blender or mortar so that juice comes out of it. You need to lie on your back and apply the resulting pulp in the area of hematoma. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Decoction of medicinal herbs. Take in equal parts chamomile, sage, plantain and marigold. Prepare from the collection a rich and strong decoction. Cotton pads should be cut in half for convenience. Then wet half and apply to the area of the lower eyelid. Chamomile will relieve swelling and painful redness, plantain will heal open wounds, sage will suck up internal bruises, and nails will increase blood circulation and tissue renewal.
- Heat. Accelerate the healing of a bruise with the help of heat. But remember that warming compresses can be done no earlier than a day after the injury, otherwise the heat will only strengthen the area affected. Alcohol can be used as a warming lotion. Dampen cotton wool in it and apply to hematoma. Alcohol increases blood circulation in the tissues, it will get rid of the bruise much faster.
- Salt. You can make salt lotions, which literally pull the hematoma from the tissues. Prepare a saturated saline solution and soak small pieces of cloth in it. Apply tissue to the hematoma area as often as possible, avoid getting salt in your eyes.
- Bow. As is known, onions also have irritating properties. His juice should be applied to the area of bruise in its pure form or as a lotion. Onions stimulate the rush of blood to the tissues, stagnant clots dissolve much faster.
- Honey and beets. This is another effective recipe that will help you restore your face to its former beauty and flawlessness. Beets need to grate and squeeze juice from it. Mix the remaining pulp with honey and apply on the bluish surface of the skin.
- Salt, iodine and vinegar. In 10% vinegar you need to dissolve the salt and a few drops of iodine. In the prepared tool moisten cloth napkins or cotton pads, attach to the bruise area for at least an hour. After the first application, cyanosis will become much less pronounced, the skin color will begin to level out gradually.
These simple recipes will help you speed up the process of removing a bruise from the eye area. If you use them regularly, at least 3-5 times a day, then in two days the bruise will become much less pronounced.
The hardest thing in the first days after the bruise, when you need to leave the house. And if on the street you can somehow hide sunglasses, baseball caps and wide-brimmed hats, then what to do at work if you have to sit in the office? In this case, you need to disguise the bruise with the help of cosmetics, and this applies not only to women. Take concealer, concealer, foundation and powder. The corrector will help to eliminate the painful complexion, concealer evens out the skin texture, concealer will hide unwanted cyanosis, and powder will relieve from oily shine of cosmetics. With the right approach, you can even hide a bruise imperceptibly even to a man.
Women should pay attention to the decorative cosmetics. When hematomas do not make bright makeup to hide the unhealthy color of the lower eyelid. It is better to pay more attention to the structuring of the skin and the alignment of its color. Optimally focus on the lips to divert attention from the eye zone. Treat the lower eyelid with bronzing powder. It consists of the smallest sparkling particles that reflect the light and will not allow the hematoma to be seen. These simple rules will help you mask the bruise so that only you will know about it!