The human heart is a muscular organ measuring approximately the fist of the person to whom it belongs. The body weight is an average of 300 grams for men and 250 grams for women. The heart is symmetrically divided into two parts – right and left. Each part consists of two chambers. The upper chamber – the atrium – is designed to collect blood. The lower chamber is called the ventricle, which has inlet and outlet valves that prevent backflow of blood. The inner walls and septa of the heart are made up of complex layered muscle tissue called the myocardium.
The main function of the heart is continuous circular movement of blood throughout the body. The impulses to reduce automatically originate in him. This property of self-excitation is provided by the conductive system inside the myocardium. This system has the ability to generate its own impulses, and also conducts electrical impulses that come from the nervous system. All pulses together cause excitation and contraction of the myocardium. The impulses themselves occur in one of the areas of the heart – in the right atrium. They are forced to make rhythmic contractions.
This body bears a tremendous burden, as a result of which it is often subject to various negative influences. Therefore, we often feel heaviness in the chest. Some people are mistaken, they think that it is the chest or chest that hurts, but it doesn’t even occur to them that it is a heaviness in the heart. This means that problems have arisen in the work of the whole organ, or in vessels that distill blood to the heart. What are the causes of painful feelings, why there is a heaviness on the heart?
1. With long-term experiences or stress, adrenaline is released into the blood – a stress hormone that causes constriction and vasospasm and heaviness in the heart. At the same time, blood circulation is disturbed, as a result, the heartbeat quickens, there is a feeling of lack of air, discomfort. There are pain in the form of tingling in the left chest, the so-called feeling of lump in the throat. These manifestations are not associated with physical exertion and increase with agitation.
2. Another cause of severity is hormonal imbalance. They manifest, as a rule, before or during the menstruation period, when the body is rebuilt at the hormonal level. At this time, the appearance of stabbing pains in the region of the heart, aggravated by inspiration, is possible. The hormonal background in women is rearranged during menopause, and during this period there is also a heaviness in the heart, manifested by oppressive, stabbing and compressive sensations. The jumps in blood pressure during this period can also cause unstable work and severity.
3. Very often, pain and heaviness in the heart occur in vascular dystonia. These pains are of a different nature and are similar to myocardial infarction or an attack of angina. In this case, the use of nitroglycerin does not help, since the pain in the body is not associated with physical exertion.
4. A very adverse effect on the heart and the violation of biorhythms, the causes of which may be night shifts, lack of day rest, change of time zones. In such situations, the heart and blood vessels work around the clock, experiencing stress, after which vasospasm may occur and blood pressure may rise. Pressing or stabbing pains begin to disturb.
5. The immoderate (systematic or prolonged) use of alcoholic beverages is also detrimental. Alcohol that enters the blood in just a few minutes dramatically increases the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle, contributes to an increase in adrenaline production. Because of this, myocardial oxygen demand increases, which, in turn, increases the heart’s need for more blood. There is a heaviness behind the sternum, disturbed heart rhythm.