Freedom of movement for our body is provided by healthy joints. When they are afflicted with a disease or trauma, life can turn into a living hell, for physical suffering can be incredible. Therefore, it is important to find a good cure for joint pain. Today, the pharmacy chain sells a lot of ointments and pills for all occasions, but, unfortunately, not all of them are equally effective. What’s so surprising, because the causes of pain can be different, an incorrectly chosen drug is not only incapable of providing help, but it can also often hurt. That is why the best ointment or pills – bought by prescription. In this article, we present to your attention a small overview of drugs that can be used as a cure for joint pain, but before you start applying one of them, it is best to consult with a specialist.
What can cause joint pain?
Now we will list a huge number of diseases in which there may be severe pain in the knees, elbows, spine, etc., and you will understand why it is so difficult to find medicines to relieve joint pain. Arthralgia (joint pain) occurs when:
1. Arthritis (rheumatoid, psoaryatic, gouty, reactive, septic).
2. Various arthritis (coxarthrosis, gonoarthrosis and
3. Bursitis (traumatic, diathesis, brucellosis, tuberculosis, gonorrheal, syphilitic).
4. Systemic diseases (systemic vasculitis, influenza, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, Lyme disease, diffuse fasciitis and
5. Tumor diseases (myeloma, lymphoblastic leukemia, osteomyelitis, bone metastases).
6. Injuries (bruises, sprains, dislocations).
And this is not a complete list. There are other reasons that only an experienced doctor can understand.
Ointments and gels
When the need arises to get a cure for joint pain, the first thought that comes to mind is to ask the pharmacy for some effective ointment. This is not without sense – today the pharmacy industry produces a lot of excellent outdoor products to help cope with joint pain. Here is a list for your reference:
1. External nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
2. Ointments with warming and anti-inflammatory effects:
- The popular Star Balm;
- Kapsikam and others.
3. Ointments, in which the main component is salicylic acid and its derivatives;
4. Other popular products, including, for example, Dimexide ointment.
All of the above ointments and gels are quite effective and perfectly help to get rid of joint pain in a variety of diseases. Despite the fact that the external means are safe enough, it is necessary to carefully read the instructions for their use so as not to harm yourself.
If the ointment for treatment is not enough, then you have to take more pills. Many of the titles that you read in the previous paragraph will be repeated in this. In the treatment of joint diseases, such tablets are often used as:
- Ibuprofen Analogs: “Brufen”, “Bolinet”, “Nurofen”, “Reumafen”.
- Diclofenac. Analogs: Ortofen, Voltaren, Diklogen, Dikloran, Artorozan, etc.
- Ketoprofen. Analogs: Ketonal, Knavon, Artrozilen.
These drugs help with pain in the joints of the legs, arms and in various parts of the spine. But keep in mind that all these medications should be taken strictly according to the scheme indicated by the doctor, since if used improperly, they can have a very negative effect on the body.
There are special drugs whose action is aimed at the regeneration of cartilage tissue in the joints. Such drugs are called chondroprotectors. Very often they are used to treat various arthrosis, in particular, from pain in the joints of the legs. After all, the cartilage of the hip and knee joints is most susceptible to destruction. Here is a list of such tools:
All of these drugs contain two components – chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine. They cost quite expensive, especially imported. Gelatin is a natural chondroprotector. From pain in the joints, resulting from the destruction of cartilage tissue, this tool also helps in some cases. But it should be remembered that treatment should be comprehensive. Do not think that with the help of chondroprotectors alone, severe joint diseases can be cured.
Folk remedies for joint pain
And what medicines for musculoskeletal system can traditional medicine offer? There are many effective recipes. We offer you several of them:
1. Homemade ointment treatment. The ointment is prepared as follows: take yarrow grass (2 tsp.) And St. John’s wort (1 tbsp. Spoon), everything is crushed. Vaseline is melted on a water bath (1 tbsp), the ingredients are mixed until a homogeneous ointment is obtained. Sore joints rubbed with this ointment before bedtime.
2. Treatment with cabbage leaves. Folk remedies for pain of the joints are good because they are quite inexpensive, and their components are almost always at hand. Here, for example, fresh white cabbage is a vegetable that can be found in any home. We take a crispy cabbage leaf, slightly heat it over the fire, spread it with honey (a thin layer) and apply it to the diseased joint. From above, the cabbage-honey compress is covered with cellophane and a warm scarf, everything must be carefully fixed on the body. It is best to do this procedure at night. They say that after a couple of nights the pain goes away without a trace.
3. Potato treatment. Boil the potatoes in their uniforms, then knead them right in the water where they are boiled. Next, you need to give time to everything properly settled. Starch will remain at the bottom, but on top there will be a medicinal brew that needs to be poured into a separate container and taken 1/3 cup three times a day.
Even if you have found an excellent remedy for joint pain, which is ideal for you, it is useful to take a few additional measures that will help the recovery of the musculoskeletal system:
1. Try to get rid of excess weight. Extra pounds overload the joints and contribute to their gradual destruction.
2. Ensure that the nutrition is balanced to avoid salt deposits.
3. Give your joints a feasible load, do gymnastics and recreational sports.
4. Try to protect your joints from injury. To do this, wear comfortable shoes, always warm up before a sports load, do not lift too heavy things and
Without a well-established diagnosis, you can be blindly treated for many years and not get relief. For example, a person was recommended a good remedy for knee pain, which helped many people who faced a similar problem. The patient begins to take it and at first as if he feels the dulling of pain. But then the pain intensifies again. But the fact is that the treatment of the inflamed knee was carried out with the help of an expensive imported chondroprotector, which is unable to cope with the disease of this particular person.
Many simply drink cheap domestic gelatin for pain in the joints and are no longer cured, they begin to apply warming ointments where nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are needed, they stubbornly rely solely on traditional medicine when they need urgently to take potent drugs and
In order not to waste time and your own health, do not be lazy to go to the doctors – we constantly publish this advice in articles on various medical preparations. We hope that you will be wise enough to use it. Health to you and your joints!