Swelling of the legs is a widespread problem. Sometimes he ran home for lunch, sat for half an hour, began to put on shoes, and you no longer fit into the shoes. Or I woke up in the morning after a heavy shift, and did not get up on my feet. Edema is a professional disease of teachers, cashiers, vendors, hairdressers, etc. Fortunately, this disaster can and must be dealt with. And how to do it better at home, we will tell in our article.
Treatment of leg edema with traditional medicine
Edema of the legs, in itself, is not a disease, but a consequence of another disease or improper lifestyle. So, because of the sedentary work, the legs and feet swell. And in the summer, during a heat, edemas are explained by expansion of blood vessels. Edemas are also due to violations of the venous circulation, inflammatory processes. Signs of varicose veins are asymmetrical edema. If, in addition to the legs, the face also swells in the morning, then we are talking about kidney diseases. Edema, which occurs after a long walk, and is accompanied by pain in the back, a pulsating vein in the neck, clearly speaks of disturbances in the work of the heart and kidneys. Also, swelling can be symptoms and very serious ailments, such as sarcoma or diseases of the genital organs. Therefore, if the swelling has become a constant element of your life, you need to find out with the specialist the nature of their appearance.
Treatment of leg edema
If you decide to do health at home, you will come to the aid of traditional medicine.
Herbal tinctures and decoctions from swelling feet
- Since the swelling is a consequence of stagnant fluids in the body, you can try to take natural diuretics. Pumpkin (baked, boiled, in the form of porridge and pumpkin juice), if you use it at least twice a week, will help to cope with edema, diseases of the kidneys, bladder and heart.
- Mix juice 1 medium lemon, 100 ml carrot and as much cucumber juices – get a light diuretic medicine. Take three times a day, diluted with boiled water at room temperature.
- The same effect has mint. Pour 2 tbsp. spoons of dry raw materials 0.5 liters of boiling water and let it brew for 20 minutes. Drink instead of tea a couple of times a day.
- Pour boiling water 1 tbsp. a spoon flax seed, boil for 15-20 minutes. Let it brew for an hour. Drink warm 100 ml every 2 hours for 14 days.
- Slice elderberry root. 150 g of raw materials, pour vodka (1: 2). Insist on for 10 days. Then strain. Drink three times a day drip according to the scheme: 1-3 days – 10 drops, 4-6 – 15, 7-9 – 20 drops.
- Infusion of viburnum taken for edema due to a disruption of the heart. For cooking, pour 2 tbsp. spoons of viburnum berries with a glass of boiling water. Protom in a water bath for 20 minutes. Let it brew for 45 minutes, then strain. Take 3-4 times a day for a third cup.
Foot baths for puffiness
Baths will help to remove not only puffiness, but also leg fatigue. Due to the naturalness of all components, they can be made even pregnant.
- Type in a bowl of cold water, dissolve 300 g of rock salt in it and hold for 5-10 minutes. Then lie on your back and place your legs above the level of your body (for example, on the headboard).
- Contrast baths also work well: alternately keep your feet in cold and hot water for 5 minutes. Baths can be with sea salt or with medicinal herbs.
- Brew 100 g of a mixture of birch leaves, chamomile and mint. Let it stand for 1 hour, add to hot water and steam well.
- At 1 liter of boiling water, take half a glass of sea salt, 1 tbsp. spoon of soda and dry mustard and 100 g of juniper berries. Dilute with hot water and for 10-15 minutes. pair the legs.
Foot baths for puffiness
Compresses and ointments for leg edema
- Make a compress from raw grated potatoes. Apply the potato mass to the swollen places and fix it with gauze. Hold 15-20 min.
- Remember the big leaves of white cabbage, until they put the juice. Make a wrap for them legs, banding on top of gauze.
- By the same principle, you can make a compress of horse sorrel.
- Add 0.5 kg of iodized salt (in a 2: 1 ratio) to melted chicken fat. Mix well. From the cooled substance make compresses for the night. In the morning, be sure to make a contrast shower for the legs.
- Mix camphor and olive oil (1: 1), rub the resulting liquid to the knees. Then wrap the legs with a cotton cloth and put on woolen leggings with a weak elastic band (they shouldn’t be stuck in the legs).
- You can try a cold massage. To do this, freeze in advance the ice from decoctions of healing herbs (chamomile, birch leaves, mint, yarrow, horsetail and
Comprehensive treatment of edema
We recommend to undergo a comprehensive home therapy, which is intended for the treatment of professional swelling of the legs and edemas that occur with varicose veins.
Week 1: use salt baths. To prepare them, dissolve 1 kg of rock salt in an enamelled bucket of water. In the resulting room temperature solution, keep your feet for 30 minutes each evening. It is better to do the procedure in a bucket to remove the swelling and from the leg.
2 week: rub feet with chilled herbal tincture. Stir 1 tbsp. spoon propolis, birch leaves, horsetail, mint, yarrow. Pour 0.5 liters of vodka. Let it stand for 10 days. After the expiration of the term – strain through gauze, squeeze out raw materials. Store the tincture preferably in the refrigerator.
3 week: do cabbage compresses all night.
4 week: break.
Repeat the course 3-5 times depending on the stage of the disease.
Prevent swelling will help simple exercises that, when performed daily, will be the best prevention.
Every day, walk barefoot (no socks) on the floor – at least half an hour.
Walk without shoes on your toes.
Knead joints, making circular movements of the feet.
In the morning and in the evening for a minute, do, lying on your back, bicycle and scissors. This will help restore uniform blood circulation.
After 45 min. sitting in place, you need to warm up. At work, this can be done in the restroom. While standing, roll from heel to toe for a few minutes. Bend and straighten each leg a couple of times. Sit down and stand up 5 times.
Prevention of edema
In order to further edema you did not occur, give up socks with a tight elastic band and stockings that pull the legs, impeding normal blood circulation. It will be helpful to include in your daily diet natural diuretics (herbal teas, pumpkin, cranberries, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers and
But salty food, brewed coffee, black tea, alcohol is better not to get involved. Drink the last time you can for 2 hours before bedtime. Well, if it is boiled water, juice or herbal decoction. In the morning, it is useful to start with a glass of water in 15-20 minutes. before breakfast. And of course, take care of your feet. If you have been standing for a long time, use any opportunity to sit down and vice versa.