Several times a year we experience the symptoms of flu and the so-called cold. In medicine, there is no such term “cold”; this concept is referred to by doctors as SARS (acute respiratory viral infection).
Influenza differs from acute respiratory viral infections by a sharp onset of symptoms. When the flu is very sharply high temperature, there is a headache and body aches and only after some time, cough, sore throat, runny nose. With ARVI, or as they say in the common cold, the temperature may rise in a few days, but such symptoms as runny nose, frequent sneezing, sore throat appear immediately.
Sometimes, a cold or flu will take us by surprise, and it happens that there is neither the power nor the ability to see a doctor. Then come to the aid of proven folk remedies for colds and flu. The symptoms of flu and cold are very similar, despite the difference in the time of their occurrence, so some folk remedies and general recommendations for their removal will be universal.
Priority, mandatory action at the first manifestations of the flu or cold
- Be sure to comply with bed rest. You can not carry a viral infection on your feet, especially if it is the flu. This is fraught with serious complications. The diseased organism must be at rest to combat the virus. And if this rule is not followed, then the treatment will take a lot of time and effort.
- Plentiful, warm drink. This is necessary in order to eliminate the intoxication of the body with a virus, to compensate for the loss of fluid due to increased sweating. It is best suited dogrose broth, compotes, teas, fruit drinks. Warm drinking will also help dilute sputum and better discharge,
These are the first recommendations that should be followed when the first manifestations of a cold are, but there are many proven and effective folk recipes for eliminating symptoms.
Influenza: treatment of folk remedies
- Raspberries are known for their antipyretic properties. A tablespoon of dry raspberries brew 200 ml. boiling water, drink 2 times a day hot. Dried raspberry flowers pour boiling water and drink like tea. Stems boil for 30 minutes, until the broth will not acquire a rich raspberry color, drink in the form of heat.
- Wipe the skin with a towel dipped in a weak solution of vinegar. After such a massage, the vessels expand and the temperature decreases. If the temperature rises again, repeat the procedure.
Restorative and repairing remedies:
- To take
- Drink hot milk mixed with alkaline mineral water, such as Borjomi.
- Mix one tablespoon of pre-heated honey with ¼ spoon of cinnamon. Take 3-5 times a day. The recipe helps to get rid of even chronic cough and cleansing the nasal passages.
- Inhalations with infusions of herbs calendula, chamomile, as well as soda, potatoes.
- Frequent drinking tea with raspberry jam, soothes cough and has anti-inflammatory effect.
- Brewed sage with a wet cough, has an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect. For expectoration of sputum, brew 5 grams of sage leaves 200 ml. boiling water, let it brew, drink 2 tablespoons every 4 hours. For bronchitis, pour a glass of milk into a saucepan, pour a tablespoon of dried sage leaves there, bring to a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain the cooled broth, bring to a boil again, drink hot before bedtime. The use of sage for mothers who are breastfeeding is contraindicated, as it can stop lactation.
- Rinse the nose with salt water, which perfectly dilutes mucus, disinfects, promotes easy removal from the nasal passages when blowing out. In 200 ml. boiled water add 1.5 or 2 teaspoons of sea salt, completely dissolve, rinse the nose with a solution every 3-4 times a day. Pinch one nostril with a finger, pour the solution into the second so that it goes out through the mouth, do the same with the second nostril. You can bury the saline in the nose and blow out. The method is applied with caution to people prone to otitis.
- Soar feet. To do this, pour hot water into a basin in order to completely cover the legs, almost to the knees, after putting on the socks, first pouring the mustard in it, go to bed.
- Instill Kalanchoe or Aloe juice 4-5 drops into each nasal passage 5 times a day.
- Instill the nose of red beet juice 3-4 drops in each nostril 4 times a day.
- Cut a clove of garlic along, put the slices in each nostril, it should feel a burning sensation, well, if you can get the rest, the procedure helps to get rid of the cold.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with three teaspoons of beetroot juice, instill 5-6 drops 4-5 times a day in each nasal passage.
With a common cold, symptoms such as fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough appear, so the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections is carried out by the same folk remedies that are listed above for the treatment of influenza.
In order to rarely suffer from colds, you should not forget about preventive measures, which are as follows:
- Balanced diet. It is good if meat, cereals, fruits, dairy products, vegetables are present on your table every day. Such nutrition will provide the body with all the necessary vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances, so it will be easier for it to withstand infection. It is good to eat a few cloves of garlic a day, because its volatile production can destroy the virus.
- Regular rinsing of the nose, especially after visiting places with large concentrations of people. Before leaving the house, lubrication of the nose with petroleum jelly or oxolinic ointment will prevent the virus from getting on the nasal mucosa.
- To gargle twice a day with furatsilinom or with a solution of soda, chamomile is recommended during the cold season (autumn, spring).
- Drink plenty of herbal teas, rosehip broth, teas with honey and raspberries helps to eliminate toxins.
- Regular exercise improves blood circulation, which contributes to the emergence of new immune cells.
- Daily walks in the fresh air.