Cystitis is difficult to confuse with another ailment. Acute pain during urination, severe discomfort after it. Women who do not give importance to the disease and do not treat it, face a chronic form. You need to know the pathology in the face to eliminate. Treatment of chronic cystitis in women is a topic that concerns almost a third of the population of our planet.
What is the reason for the selectivity of the disease?
The fact that the fair sex are faced with the pathology much more often than men, says the statistics. Doctors say that often ailment overtakes women aged 18-45 years.
Such selectivity of the pathology is explained very simply. Initially, you should pay attention to the anatomical features. The urethra in women is short and wide in contrast to the male. Consequently, the infection is much easier to penetrate the bladder.
Another factor that provokes the appearance of cystitis in women is the neglect of warm clothes. For the sake of beauty, young ladies wear short skirts, pants sitting on their hips, thin tights on cold, frosty days.
What is cystitis?
What is a disease? The cavity of the bladder is lined with mucous. Under the influence of certain factors, it can become inflamed. This process is called cystitis. If during a year a person experiences relapses of this pathology twice or three times, chronic cystitis is diagnosed. In women, treatment is prescribed by either a urologist or a gynecologist.
Causes of disease
It is not necessary to independently deal with such pathologies as cystitis. In women, the symptoms, treatment, causes of the disease are quite diverse. Correctly diagnose the source that provoked the development of the disease, can only be a specialist. He will select the appropriate scheme of drug therapy.
It is not recommended to choose self-treatment of chronic cystitis. What do patients who buy medications need to know, hoping for recovery? Modern drugs can treat cystitis, but the cause of the disease is not eliminated. In this case, recurrences and complications can not be avoided.
Cystitis results from the following reasons:
- hormonal changes;
- injuries of the mucous membrane of the bladder;
- congestion in the pelvis;
- long sitting position;
- poor genital hygiene;
- tight linen preference;
- frequent prolonged constipation;
- hypothermia (especially the pelvic region);
- spicy, spicy food abuse;
- transferred urological, venereal, gynecological inflammatory diseases;
The main causes of chronic cystitis are the following:
- constant supercooling;
- the presence in the body of bacteria that promote cystitis;
- the urethra is deep;
- urolithiasis disease;
- diverticula (hernial protrusions, stones) in the bladder;
- mucosal infection with viruses;
- infected hydronephrosis;
- leukoplakia bladder;
- reduction of mucosal resistance to bacteria;
- infectious diseases of the urogenital system that can be transmitted sexually.
Women with the weakened immunity of such pathologies as chronic cystitis are most susceptible. Treatment (symptoms, signs are sufficiently characteristic) will be appointed only after the establishment of the true causes of the disease.
Women face the following manifestations of the disease:
- burning sensation while urinating;
- discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- frequent urging to the toilet;
- painful urination;
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bubble;
- small amount of urine;
- temperature increase (37.5 o C);
- cloudy urine;
- lower back pain;
- hematuria – the presence of blood in the urine.
First aid to alleviate the condition
These recommendations should not be taken as prescribed treatment of chronic cystitis in women. A few tips will only help get rid of an acute attack, if you can not immediately contact the clinic.
To relieve acute cystitis, you will need drugs:
- Monurel or Fitolizin;
- Monural (3 g) – 2 packs.
Temporary treatment of cystitis in women (chronic and acute) is carried out as follows:
- The medicine No-shpa is taken in the amount of 1-2 tablets.
- The drug Monural should be consumed 1 time before bedtime. If relapses recur frequently, two days can be applied 1 time each. Consume the drug necessarily on an empty stomach. And only for the night.
- The drug Monurel (Fitolysin) take according to the instructions. It is important not to use the medication in the days when the drug Monural is used.
After the completion of this treatment, after 2 weeks, it is necessary to pass tests and undergo a medical examination.
Before prescribing treatment, the doctor will recommend tests. They allow you to determine how pronounced the dysfunction of the bladder, the degree of mucosal lesions. In addition, this diagnosis will allow to establish what was the starting point for the development of pathology.
The most effective are the following laboratory tests:
- Analysis of urine. It allows you to identify the causative agent of the disease. Determines the degree of damage to the bladder, the intensity of inflammation.
- Cystography, cystoscopy. Such studies establish the type of pathology, the degree of damage. Based on these analyzes, the presence of stones, tumors, ulcers, fistulas is determined.
- Biopsy of the mucosa. This study is assigned to patients diagnosed with chronic form of cystitis and symptoms are vague. The analysis eliminates serious pathologies such as bladder cancer.
Treatment of the disease
To disregard this pathology is unacceptable. It should be emphasized once again that a favorable outcome is possible only when the treatment of chronic cystitis in women is correctly selected.
The first step is the removal of discomfort and the elimination of frequent urination. This task will help solve the thermal procedure. It relaxes the smooth muscles of the bladder and helps prevent spastic contraction. Sessile baths are recommended, or a warm heating pad is placed on the lower abdomen.
Certain medications that can eliminate chronic cystitis in women are individually prescribed individually. Treatment is based on the following remedies:
- Painkillers (antispasmodic) drugs. In case of inefficiency of thermal procedures, these medications are recommended. Often prescribed drugs Analgin, Papaverin, Baralgin, No-shpa.
- NSAIDs. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can reduce inflammation, provide analgesic and antipyretic effects. They are used with a very strong pain syndrome. The most optimal drugs are Ibuprofen, Faspic, Mig, Nurofen, Ibuklin.
- Antibacterial drugs. They necessarily enter therapy. However, it should be remembered that the doctor selects antibiotics strictly individually, taking into account the course of the disease, the characteristics of the body. The drugs “Monural”, “Nitroxolin”, “Furadonin”, “Furagin”, “Rulid”, “Palin”, “Nolitsin”, and “Nevigramon” are widely used.
- Phytopreparations. They are an integral part of complex therapy. Herbal preparations are considered excellent uroseptics: bearberry, horsetail extracts, cranberry extracts. Medicines “Tsiston”, “Kanefron”, “Monurel”, “Fitolysin” are in demand.
- Probiotics. These funds are necessarily combined with antiviral therapy. The purpose of these drugs is to normalize the vaginal and intestinal microflora. The most popular probiotics prescribed for cystitis are Acipol, RioFlora Balance, RioFlora Immuno, Bifiform, and Hilak Forte.
Physiotherapy for the disease
In addition to medication, patients are prescribed procedures. Effectively improves the blood supply to the walls of the bladder physiotherapy. Patients are recommended:
- iontophoresis with nitrofurans and antiseptics;
- UHF procedures;
- electrophoresis with medicinal solutions;
- mud applications.
These procedures should be repeated after 3-4 months.
There are several excellent recipes that allow you to deal with such pathologies as chronic cystitis in women. Treatment of folk remedies must be coordinated with the doctor.
Effectively decoction of chamomile and aloe juice. Dried inflorescences (3 tbsp. L.) Are placed in an enameled saucepan, filled with water (0.5 l) and brought to a boil, then reduce the heat and boil the chamomile for another 10 minutes. After that, cover the saucepan with a warm towel. Fifteen minutes later, the broth must be drained.
During this time, you should squeeze aloe juice (5 tbsp. L.). Both components are mixed. This tool is necessary to drink in small sips for one day.
Treatment continues for at least 1 month, even if the symptoms of the ailment disappear earlier.
For the treatment of chronic cystitis in women apply healing broth. For the collection will need the following ingredients:
- birch leaves – 1 part;
- calamus root – 1 part;
- bearberry leaves – 2 parts;
- yarrow herb – 2 parts;
- flax seeds – 1 part.
Before cooking it is necessary to chop herbs a little. At night, mixed ingredients are poured boiling water. The calculation is as follows: at 1 tbsp. l collection need 1 cup of water. The use of funds is possible in two hours. It should be taken throughout the day, twenty minutes before eating, 1 glass each.
Treatment of chronic cystitis in women is effectively carried out and this tool. The conditions for the reception and manufacture of this infusion coincide with those inherent in the collection number 1.
To prepare the need components:
- horsetail, bearberry grass – 1 part;
- Juniper berries – 1 part.
Must stock the following ingredients:
- Nettle grass, St. John’s wort, mountaineer bird (knotweed), shepherd’s bag, plantain, sage – 1 part.
- Cowberry leaves, coltsfoot – 1 part.
Accept and prepare this drink should be the same as the collection number 1.
It is very important to adhere to all recommendations of the doctor. Be sure to follow all his instructions, take only those drugs that will be assigned to you. And then you will forget about cystitis forever. Health to you!