ASD (Dorogov’s antiseptic stimulator) is a drug used for veterinary purposes. The composition of the SDA – products of dry distillation of animal tissue. Available in the form of ASD-2 and ASD-3 fractions.
The fraction ASD-2 is a clear yellow-red liquid, soluble in water, with a specific smell. It is used parenterally in difficult cases of lung diseases, gastrointestinal tract, eczema (including dogs, cats and other animals), dermatitis (including dogs, cats and other domestic animals). In addition, it is used to accelerate the growth of weak piglets or chickens, stimulate egg production in chickens.
Fraction ASD-3 is a volatile black liquid, soluble in alcohol or fats, with a specific smell. Used to treat diseases of the skin and complicated wounds. Use only externally in unchanged form or as an ointment.
Forms of release of veterinary means of ASD:
1. ASD – 2 – fraction, volatile liquid, can be from all shades of yellow to saturated red with a specific smell and alkaline reaction. The presence of a fine dark precipitate is allowed.
In the composition of the drug low molecular weight organic and inorganic nitrogenous compounds. Water base up to 75%.
2. ASD-3 – fraction, viscous opaque liquid of almost black color, with a very specific odor. Capable of dissolving only in ether, alcohol, oils.
In the composition of the drug phenols, aminoketones, organic bases, hydrocarbons, etc. Water up to 5%.
Drug fractions are available in dark glass bottles with a capacity of 200 ml, sterile-corked. Instructions for the application of the SDA – annotation in each package.
Manufacturer: AVZ, Russia.
1. The fraction of ASD – 2 is capable of exerting a neurotrophic effect on the vegetative system and the central nervous system. It stimulates the motility of the digestive tract, the secretion of digestive glands, normalizes the activity of digestive enzymes, as well as improves the digestive processes, as well as the absorption of nutrients in the body. It activates tissue enzymes involved in the transport of ions through cell membranes, increases the rate of metabolic processes of a healthy body, helps restore the rate of exchange to the norm in various dystrophic conditions. The drug has pronounced antiseptic properties. Non-toxic, has no cumulative effect, does not cause allergies;
2. The fraction of ASD – 3 increases the activity of RES, stimulates trophism, accelerates tissue regeneration, has strong antiseptic properties.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of ASD.
Treatment and prevention of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory system, urogenital area, skin lesions, metabolic disorders; normalization of the activity of vegetative and CN systems in farm and domestic animals; an increase in the natural resistance of animals and birds weakened and ill with infectious diseases and various invasions, as well as the stimulation of the growth of young animals in agricultural livestock farming;
Treatment of complicated wounds, dermatitis, eczema, fistulas, trophic ulcers and other skin lesions in animals and birds.
Contraindications to the use of ASD not clinically identified.
Side effects of the SDA are completely absent with proper use of the drug.
Instructions for use
Methods of use of the SDA and dosage:
- Inside the animal, the drug is prescribed with drinking water before feeding, or in the morning feeding, mixed with mixed feed;
- Outwardly, ASD-2 is used as 2–20% lotion prepared in boiled water or saline. For the preparation of their desired concentration, the initial fraction of the SDA-2 is taken as 100%;
- For the treatment of dyspepsia, gastroenteritis, gastroenterocolitis and degenerative conditions caused by digestive disorders or metabolic disorders, the drug is administered orally once a day, in the doses described in the table. Therapy is applied by courses for 5 days, after which there is a break for 2-3 days, and so on until the animal recovers;
- Timpany of cattle requires the preparation of the drug to the animal or entering it into the rumen, by means of a gastric probe, up to twice a day in the doses described in the table. In addition, warm enemas and scar massage are shown, as well as other procedures prescribed for this pathology;
- Treatment of intestinal flatulence in horses involves feeding the animal ASD-2 or entering it through a gastric probe once in the dosage described in the table. In addition, in the course of therapy, warm enemas and massage of the abdomen are shown, as well as other procedures prescribed for this pathology. As necessary, the treatment can be repeated;
- In case of catarrhal pneumonia in piglets, the drug ASD-2 is used once a day, diluted in drinking water prior to feeding or in the morning feeding when mixed with mixed feed. The dosage is described in the table. Therapy is carried out for 5 days, followed by an interval of 2-3 days, and so on until recovery;
- For the treatment of vaginitis or delay of the afterbirth in cows (after its removal), ASD-2 is used in 3-5% solution, heated to 40 ° C. They are washed once a day with a vagina for 5 days, per 2 liters of the diluted substance per treatment. In cases where the cervix is not closed, up to 300 ml of the prepared solution is injected directly into the uterus;
- Acute and chronic myometritis, endometritis and pyometra of cows, with an open cervix, require the introduction into its cavity of a 15% ready-made solution of ASD-2 heated to 40 ° C. The solution is injected in an amount of up to 300 ml, after which it is immediately removed using a catheter with the possibility of a reverse flow of fluid. Treatment is prescribed once a day;
- In trichomoniasis, along with etiotropic therapy, a 20% ready solution of the drug is injected into the vagina through a Jané syringe and a special catheter into the vagina. The procedure is carried out once a day with a course up to 7 times, at the rate of up to 300 ml for each procedure;
- For the treatment of bulls with an acute form of trichomoniasis, it is recommended that the preputial sac be washed with 2-3% ready-made ASD-2 solution, which can be inserted using a catheter. The solution is injected in an amount of up to 1.0 l, after which a light massage is made by holding the hole in the hand. The procedure is prescribed once a day, up to 7 days;
- Stimulation of the central nervous system, increase in resistance of animals that have had infectious diseases and various invasions, accelerated healing of the skin, necrobacteriosis, eczema, dermatitis and trophic ulcers require the use of ASD-2 in a solution with drinking water or mixed with feed once a day. The duration of therapy is 5 days with an interval of 3 days until complete recovery.
- The drug is administered to animals externally natively or in the form of 20–50% solutions for the treatment of infected wounds, eczema, dermatitis, inflammatory skin lesions, trophic ulcers, fistulas, hoofed sheep, and necrobacteriosis. Oil solutions are prepared using castor, sunflower, flaxseed oil or fish oil with the addition of ASD-3 in ratios of 1: 1 or 1: 4;
- Treatment of infected wounds and fistulas is carried out by washing the affected areas with 15–20% ready-made solution of ASD-2 until the pus is stopped, then apply a gauze napkin, which is moistened with 20% solution of ASD-3 and fixed with a bandage. The procedure is carried out daily until the animal recovers;
- For bedsores, eczema, dermatitis, inflammatory skin lesions, trophic ulcers and pyoderma, a 25–50% solution of the drug is applied to the affected skin once a day, and treatment is carried out with a seizure of 3 cm of healthy surface in order to prevent the spread of inflammation. Therapy is carried out until recovery.
- Extensive areas of lesions require application of the drug alternately on different skin areas, covering not more than 1/10 of the animal’s body per treatment;
- Treatment of necrobacteriosis or foot rot of sheep suggests, after a suitable toilet, to lubricate the affected areas of the extremities with a native type of ASD-3 times a day. The duration of treatment according to indications until complete recovery.
The course of treatment should be carried out in conjunction with surgical treatment and the use of drugs for symptomatic and specific therapy.
Milk of dairy animals, as well as birds’ eggs in the treatment of the drug can be used without any restrictions. In case of forced slaughter of animals during the period of treatment of ASD, their meat is used without restrictions.