Spastic tetraparesis in a child
The long-awaited baby was born, but not everything went well.
Heavy labor, resuscitation, nursing department. and then, finally, he was discharged home. The thought – “Houses and walls are being treated” did not justify itself.
Having carefully examined the baby, the pediatric neurologist diagnosed spastic tetraparesis – Perinatal damage of the central nervous system. This is actually a threat to the development of cerebral palsy.
Until the year, the baby has been treated more than once in a neurological hospital. But the tone decreases badly, the child lags behind peers more and more. He holds his head badly, he does not sit himself, does not turn over, does not take toys with his hands.
Concerned parents are beginning to realize that standard treatment in the form of nootropics, massage and physiotherapy does not give the desired effect.
So what is tetraparesis? And how to help the baby?
Spastic tetraparesis – increased muscle tone of the upper and lower extremities.
The muscles of the arms and legs of a child with tetraparesis are in constant tension, and the baby cannot fully control them. In severe cases, the child is almost completely immobilized.
In addition to muscle tone, a child with tetraparesis also has a number of problems:
What is behind this incomprehensible term?
The cerebral cortex should monitor the work of all other parts of the brain.
If the cortex has suffered, for example, from hypoxia (lack of oxygen) or hydrocephalus (increased intracranial pressure), then it ceases to control the median and stem structures, they are overexcited, and as a result the child does not sleep well, shudders at harsh sounds, because of fright he rises even more muscle tone Overexcited stem structures also give an increased vomiting reflex. A child with tetraparesis can only eat rubbed food, because the pieces in the mouth cause vomiting.
That is, spastic tetraparesis is usually not just increased muscle tone, which can be removed by doing a massage. This is a complex problem as a result of brain damage:
1) high muscle tone of the upper and lower extremities prevents the child from moving, leading to contractures (joint stiffness) of limb deformities.
2) damage to the cerebral cortex with tetraparesis leads to a delay in motor and speech development.
3) a violation of chewing and swallowing, makes it difficult to feed the child and leads to insufficient absorption of nutrients.
4) the high tone of the muscles of the speech apparatus further hinders the development of speech.
5) dysfunction of the mid-stem structures with sleep disturbance, startling on harsh sounds, increased vomiting reflex significantly impede care for the baby.
In order to avoid the diagnosis of cerebral palsy, tetraparesis treatment should be comprehensive: Children with Perinatal CNS lesion, spastic tetraparesis must be given Microcurrent reflex therapy, which is allowed and recommended by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
Microcurrent reflexology program for spastic tetraparesis:
1) persistent reflexive relaxation of the tense muscles of the upper and lower limbs to increase range of motion and prevent the development of contractures.
2) The activation of the motor areas of the cerebral cortex and cerebellum is carried out to restore the phased development of motor skills: (a child with tetraparesis learns to hold his head first, then lift himself on his hands and roll over, then sit with support and independently, then crawl on knee-highs and on all fours, slazit and climb onto a sofa or bed, stand by the support, walk along the support and by the arm, then walk by yourself).
3) The stabilization of the mid-stem structures is carried out to restore the function of chewing and swallowing, reduce the increased pharyngeal reflex, improve sleep, reduce neuroticism.
4) Activation of the speech areas of the cerebral cortex in children with spastic teraparesis contributes to the development of speech.
In addition to microcurrent reflexology, children with tetraparesis in the Reatsentr departments receive the following treatments:
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TIMELY TAKE UP TO TREATMENT OF TETRAPRESIS
For more information on tetraparaz treatment, you can get by phone 8-800-22-22-602 (free call within RUSSIA) Microcurrent reflexology for the treatment of tetraparesis and paraparesis is performed only in the Reatsentr divisions in the cities: Samara, Kazan, Volgograd, Orenburg, Tolyatti, Saratov, Ulyanovsk, Naberezhnye Chelny, Izhevsk, Ufa, Astrakhan, Yekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, Kemerovo, Kaliningrad, Barnaul, Chelyabinsk, Almaty, Tashkent.