Deprive is a fairly common infectious disease that affects one or several skin areas. This is a number of highly contagious skin diseases transmitted by contact-household. Often, lichen affects people with a lowered immune system, who have suffered severe stress or have severe chronic diseases, as well as children, since their immunity is still weak, and hereditary predisposition is possible.
Usually the main signs of depriving a person are:
- Violation of skin pigmentation – lightening or darkening
- Spots on the skin of various shades
- Peeling on this skin area
- Hair loss
If you experience these symptoms, in order to establish an accurate diagnosis, to determine the type of depriving, you need to consult a dermatologist. It is necessary to differentiate the lichen from other diseases, as some symptoms of depriving a person are similar to other manifestations of skin diseases and treatment will depend on the type of pathogen.
Pathogen depriving a person:
Human pathogens are microscopic fungi and some viruses. There are the following types of pathogens: Zooanthrophilous mushrooms, provoking the development of lichen lesions of the skin of people and animals, such lichens can be transmitted from an infected animal, most often cats or dogs to humans. Anthropophilic fungi, affect only human skin, transmitted exclusively from contact with a sick person. Geophilic mushrooms, transmitted to humans only upon contact with the ground. Viruses, they can be caused by pink or shingles. Some types of viruses, while in the body of a healthy person, do not manifest themselves in any way, but when immunity is weakened, they cause lichen.
Types of depriving a person
There are several types of lichen affecting a person. The signs of the disease depend on the type of fungus, the virus and on the specific reaction of the human body to the vital activity of the pathogen. What looks like shingles in humans and what types are found:
Ringworm (microsporia and trichophytosis)
Ringworm most often affects the body of a child. Localized on the scalp, on the skin of the face, neck, shoulders. Infection occurs through close contact with a sick animal or person (using one comb or headgear).
- When microsporia on the skin appears pink spot, with clear edges and peeling. Hair is broken off over the skin at the level of 4-5 mm. More often, the infection comes from cats and dogs, possibly infection and from people.
- Trichophytosis – spot in the form of a red or pink ring with peeling. The hair darkens to black and breaks off the skin because its root is affected. More often ill children from grandmothers. From animals, too, can be infected.
What does ringworm look like in children:
- First, edema appears – one pink, red spot on the hair with clear boundaries.
- Then the swelling increases and crusts and vesicles appear at the edges.
- In the center of the stain, the skin begins to peel off, the scales have a whitish color.
- Existing hair on the outbreak breaks off from the root by 4-5 mm. or thin
- The disease is first asymptomatic, not immediately recognized, eventually itching manifests itself at the site of injury.
- If ringworm occurs on the skin without hair, then it looks like pale pink spots with edging on the edges in the form of a roller.
All about the person’s ringworm, its signs and treatment can be found in our article.
Pink versicolor, or versicolor giber
This species of lichen has not yet proved the exact causative agent of the disease, but suggest that it is a virus. There is zoster zoster after hypothermia, in the autumn-spring periods and in women is more common. Lichen is localized on the stomach, on the back, chest, shoulders, sides, in the folds of the skin. What looks like a pink lichen in a person:
- Light brown or pink round or oval spots appear on the surface of the skin.
- In the center of the spot skin is dry, slightly peel off
- Over time, spots grow and smaller pink foci begin to appear on new skin areas.
- Spots can be up to several centimeters.
- Pink versicolor is accompanied by itchy skin
Read more about the treatment of pink lichen in our article.
The causative agent of this type of lichen are microsporium kanis mushrooms. This fungus lives on the hair of domestic animals, most often in cats, mostly children are ill. What looks like a lichen microsporia in humans:
- This type of lichen is located not only on the hair, but also on the arms, legs, face and neck
- Appears in one or several spots of sufficiently large size.
- Spots of pale pink color, scaly in the center, and have a darkened roller at the edges
- At a distance of 5-8 cm from the roots of the hair break
- This versicolor is not accompanied by severe pruritus.
About microsporia and its treatment, read our article.
Pityriasis versicolor or versicolor
This species is also caused by fungi. They provoke the development of depriving of hormonal changes, excessive sweating, too oily skin, the use of oily creams, prolonged exposure to the sun. Most often affects the shoulders, back, chest and abdomen. What looks like scaly deprive in a person:
- Spots of various shapes and sizes are formed. Most often, foci of large size, oval or round, if the spots are small, they merge and form large foci with curved edges
- On tanned skin, blemishes look like.
- In winter, pink and brown foci stand out and become darker than natural skin.
- Pityriasis versicolor – prolonged illness, spread over years
- Over time, the color of the affected areas changes from greenish to brownish
- Skin with lichen colored peel a little.
Read more about Treatment of color depriving in our article.
The causative agent of shingles is the herpes virus. Herpes zoster is localized mainly in the intercostal space, along the intercostal nerves, it happens in other parts of the body where large nerve trunks pass. Like all deprives, herpes zoster affects a person after severe stress, or after hypothermia, with a decrease in immunity, in old age. In children, a herpetic infection can occur like chickenpox. What looks like a zoster in a person with herpetic lesions:
- Pain and itching of the ribs, most often on one side of the chest.
- Over time, small sized bubbles with a clear liquid inside form on the affected area.
- After a few days, the bubbles empty out, forming a small crust.
- The most distinctive symptom of shingles is severe pain, as the virus affects the intercostal and other nerves.
- Dangerous form of shingles is ocular, because without timely and effective treatment you can lose sight
Read more about Shingles treatment in our article.
Red lichen planus
The causative agent of this type of depriving medicine does not yet know. Presumably the cause of the disease lies in the patient’s allergic location, in chronic stress or viral infections. More often, women are ill, people with gastrointestinal diseases, or diabetes. Striking lichen planus nails, skin on the chest and abdomen, mucous membranes. What does a lichen planus look like in a person:
- On the skin – a large number of flat red and purple nodules appear
- Pale mucous nodules on mucous membranes
- On the nails – the destruction of the nail plate, the crumbling of the nails
- On the mouth, genitals – appear on the mucous membranes flat gray or pink tubercles
- Flat versicolor accompanied by severe pruritus
- The emergence of new bumps occurs in places scratches and scratches
- Lichen planus can occur in the form of: rashes in the form of rings – ring-shaped, erythematous – in the form of soft red hillocks, warty – hillocks with an uneven surface in the form of warts, erosive and ulcerative – the appearance of ulcers and erosions in the lesions.