Ganaton is a drug designed to restore the overall function and tone of the gastrointestinal system.
The main component of the drug is the substance and itopride hydrochloride. It enhances the main function of the gastrointestinal tract, thereby leading to faster absorption of all nutrients and better bowel movement. The drug also has antiemetic properties.
On this page you will find all the information about Ganaton: full instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Ganaton. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A means of stimulating GI motility.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Ganaton? The average price in pharmacies is 1,000 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Ganaton is available in tablet dosage form, film coated. They have a rounded shape, white color and separation risk on the one hand.
- One tablet of Ganaton contains 50 mg of itoprid as an active substance.
- As auxiliary substances are contained: corn starch – 15 mg, lactose –
Tablets are packaged in blisters of 7, 10 or 14 tablets. Carton packaging may contain from 1 to 5 blisters with the appropriate number of tablets and instructions for use of the drug.
It is used to improve the tone and motility of the digestive tract. The active ingredient in this drug is itoprida hydrochloride, which specifically affects the upper digestive tract and accelerates the process of removing food from the stomach. Also, this substance can have an antiemetic effect.
After taking Ganaton, its active component is almost completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract into the blood and distributed in various tissues of the body. Food intake does not affect the absorption of itopride hydrochloride. Its greatest concentration is found in the stomach, small intestine, kidneys, adrenal glands and liver. The drug is converted in the liver and after 6 hours excreted in the urine.
Indications for use
Take the drug, available commercially, it is necessary for such problems as dyspepsia of non-ulcer origin and chronic gastritis. Indications for use Ganatona:
- throwing bile into the stomach;
- epigastric pains;
- feeling of rapid satiety;
- nausea, vomiting;
- discomfort in the upper GI tract.
First of all, these are all acute processes in the stomach. Contraindications include gastric bleeding, perforated ulcer, mechanical damage. Do not take pregnant and lactating women. In rare cases, patients may develop hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug.
There are age restrictions. The drug is prescribed only adult patients. With caution drug offer elderly patients. People with chronic kidney and liver processes cannot take pills. Itopide boosts the effects of acetylcholine and can lead to side reactions. Analog Ganatona will have the same contraindications.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Safety of use itoprid hydrochloride during pregnancy is not installed. Therefore, you should not carry out drug therapy during this period, except when prescribed by a doctor as necessary.
During the breastfeeding period, it is necessary to refuse to take Ganaton.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Ganaton tablets are taken orally before meals.
The dose of the drug is prescribed taking into account the clinical indications and the age of the patient.
- Recommended dosage: 1 pc. 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is not more than 2 months.
The daily dose should not exceed 150 mg (3 pcs.).
Negative effects after taking the medication may be in the form of:
- Headaches and dizziness;
- Tremor of the limbs;
- Allergic reactions: cutaneous rash and itching;
- Changes in the blood composition: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, an increase in the amount of bilirubin;
- Gynecomastia and an increase in the number of prolactin;
- Changes in the gastrointestinal tract: the phenomenon of constipation or diarrhea, pain in the epigastric region, you may experience signs of jaundice;
- Increased secretion of saliva;
- Changes in laboratory data: the increase in the activity of alkaline phosphatase, ALT, AST, GGT.
Cases of overdose with Ganaton tablets are not described. If a larger amount of the drug is consumed, the stomach, intestines and symptomatic therapy is performed.
In elderly patients, the use of the drug may cause a decrease in liver and / or kidney function.
Against the background of the use of the drug, acetylcholine enhances its action, increasing the risk of cholinergic side reactions.
Since the action of the drug can cause dizziness, caution should be exercised when driving vehicles and mechanisms.
At the same time taking Ganaton with diazepam, warfarin, diclofenac, ticlopidine hydrochloride, nifedipine and nicardipine hydrochloride, there are no disturbances in the interaction of itopride with blood proteins.
Itoprid improves gastric motility, as a result of which it affects the absorption of other substances simultaneously used with Ganaton. Particular care must be taken when using drugs with a low therapeutic index, prolonged release of the active substance and enteric-soluble coating.
Anticholinergic drugs weaken the effect of itoprid.
We picked up some reviews from people about Ganaton:
- Anna I think Ganaton, no matter how much it costs, is simply indispensable in the first stage of treating gastric dyspepsia and GERD. Patients very rarely complain of poor tolerance, which over the next 2-3 days is gradually leveled. This tool can help with a variety of symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Lana After the examination, Ganaton was prescribed. While she was taking, everything was fine. After the end of the reception again returned nausea and heartburn. It seems even worse than it was. When she took it, allergies began – constantly itchy palms. After the end of the reception, everything disappeared in two days. Packing 40 tablets costs about 700 rubles. Expensive and inefficient.
- Lyuba After being examined by a doctor, I was prescribed to take this drug (Ganaton or Trimedat was told). As long as she was taking it, everything was normal and the effect was noticeable. But as soon as the treatment was over, heartburn and nausea returned to their places.
Reviews of the drug Ganaton and its analogue Itomed can be heard at most positive. Patients note that an excellent therapeutic effect is achieved in a short time. People quickly get rid of the problems associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. However, it is worth remembering that only one pill will not be able to restore health. The key to success is a strict diet.
Negative reviews about any Ganaton equivalent are cheap due to improper use of the medication. Tablets have a small list of side effects and are often well tolerated. The price of drugs is acceptable. In addition, the right tool can be found in almost any pharmacy.
In some cases, the indications for taking the medication in question may be replaced by similar ones in their therapeutic effect. To drugs-analogues include:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C and protected from moisture and light.