Chronic Rhinitis – Forum
- Page 1 of 1
Chronic rhinitis is a process in which there is a periodic inflammation of the nasal mucosa caused by specific and non-specific causes. Chronic rhinitis – a complication of the acute form disease or one of the symptoms of other diseases (ARVI, influenza, measles, diphtheria and
Runny nose, or its scientific definition of chronic rhinitis – the most common disease of the upper respiratory tract. No one a person who has never suffered from this disease. In most cases, runny nose begins after hypothermia of the body against the background of a decrease in the body’s immune functions. Bacteria bacteria, taking advantage of a convenient case of reduced immunity, actively reproduce in cavities
Chronic rhinitis has the well-known signs of a cold:
It is customary to distinguish the following types of chronic rhinitis:
- Catarrhal (congestive processes with difficulty breathing, mucosal hyperemia, copious exudate excretion from the nose).
- Hypertrophic (characterized by hypertrophy of the nasal mucosa, periosteum and bone, which leads to respiratory failure).
- Atrophic (there is a decrease in the thickness of the nasal mucosa, as well as the secretion of mucus with the formation of dense crusts). Divided into 2 groups – simple atrophic and offensive (ozena) – atrophy nasal mucosa and bone wall, accompanied by the release of mucus, with drying out forming smelly crusts.
- allergic (an inflammatory disease that develops due to sensitization of the body with the participation of various allergens);
- neurovegetative (nasal congestion as a result of disorders of the nervous mechanisms).
Most often chronic rhinitis is formed, gradually passing 3 stages of development:
Symptom complex of atrophic rhinitis:
- dry, itchy nose;
- feeling of tightness;
- the appearance of yellow-green crusts, often with an unpleasant odor;
- frequent bleeding from the nose, especially when touching the crusts;
Atrophic rhinitis leads to atrophy of the nasal mucosa, its thinning, sometimes – until the cartilage is exposed. The nasal cavity is enlarged, mucous without crusts – smooth, shiny.The clinical picture of vasomotor rhinitis:
- morning nasal congestion;
- frequent sneezing;
- watery discharge from the nose;
- pallor, swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- the appearance of cyanotic spots in the nose.
Principles of treatment of chronic catarrhal rhinitis:
- Antibacterial therapy with infectious etiology of the disease. Includes topical ointment (salicylic, tetracycline, streptocidal).
- Instillation of astringents (protargol, collargol, silver nitrate, rinofluimucil).
- When viral rhinitis – drops albutsid, sulfatsil sodium.
- To enhance local immunity – drops of juice Kalanchoe, isofra.
- Inhalation for the nose with ammonia, iodine.
- Pepper patches for the nose.
- Physiotherapeutic methods – UHF, UV, electrophoresis with zinc sulfate.
Hypertrophic Rhinitis Therapy
- Cauterization of mucous trichloroacetic acid, silver nitrate under local anesthesia, sometimes electromixing, ultrasound, laser destruction of the mucosa.
- Cryotherapy by applying the active substance to several points of the nasal passage.
- Sclerotherapy (administration of glycerol, saline, glucose) in the course of 4-5 shots.
- Introduction to the nasal passages of solutions of glucocorticosteroids, drugs to enhance the production of interferons (eg, splenin).
- Massage of nasal mucosa with splenin ointment, protargol.
- In case of a pronounced proliferation of the membrane, surgery may be necessary – conchotomy (removal of hypertrophied tissues).
Treatment of atrophic rhinitis
- For dryness – irrigation of the nose with saline, chamomile infusion, the use of emollient ointments, fish oil.
- Instillation with potassium iodide, aloe extract.
- Rinsing the nose and laying tampons with iodinol, enzymes, solutions of alkalis.
- Lubrication of the nose lugole, antibacterial ointments.
- Systemic therapy includes vitamin complexes, iron supplements, immunity stimulants (sometimes in the form of injections).
- UHF, trypsin electrophoresis, inhalation with humisole.
- With the ineffectiveness of treatment – surgery for the implantation of artificial cartilage.
Methods used to treat all types of rhinitis
- nasal area massage;
- washing the nasal passages with solutions of sea salt (aqualor, aquamaris);
- lubrication of the nasolabial triangle with ointments with menthol, herbs, instillation with homeopathic preparations;
- with strong edema and abundant mucus – vasoconstrictive drops (for carrying, sanorin, xymelin, xylen, nazol, for children – vibrocil).