This is important to know! Exclusive Interview with chief allergist-immunologist of Russia: how to treat eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, itchy nose, runny nose and other allergies. Read more on this site.
It is a disease that causes malassezia furfur. When it affects the skin of the face and scalp. The answer to the question of how to cure seborrheic dermatitis is the elimination of the factors provoking it. The growth of a fungus, the main causative agent, is influenced by many factors; therefore, it is customary to subdivide the causes of seborrhea into internal and external.
- excessive sweating;
- bad habits and others.
- nervous stress;
- immune and hormonal disorders;
- disorders of the nervous system;
- Parkinson’s disease.
The defeat of the skin on the face is most characteristic of adolescence, since during this period the production of sebaceous glands of the sebum increases. Symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis appear on the face in the form of red spots, which can peel off or by layering of oily scales. The disease has a chronic course, characterized by exacerbation in the autumn-spring period, in violation of the diet, use of spices, sugar and alcohol.
The best offers from the pharmacy
Manifestations of seborrheic dermatitis on the head are usually treated with the help of special antifungal preparations, shampoos, they contain tar, ciclopirox, pyrithione and ketoconazole. If therapy with shampoos does not give the desired effect, then drugs can be prescribed, the active components of which are hormones.
As for seborrhea on the face, classical medicine uses drugs that do not irritate the skin. Therapy is mainly aimed at reducing inflammatory processes – agents with zinc, such as Elidel and Protopic creams, as well as Tsindol mash. If the affected lesions are located in the folds of the skin, then Cassellani liquid is applied.
Recipes of traditional medicine help to effectively treat seborrheic dermatitis on the face.
- Wipe the skin with a decoction of 1 tbsp. tablespoons chopped oak bark, brewed in 400 ml. boiling water. The broth should be kept in a water bath for 5 minutes, strain and add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- For lotions, a decoction of sage leaves is prepared (1 tbsp of raw materials and 350 ml of boiling water boil for 5 minutes), filtered and mixed with ½ tsp of honey.
- Ointment, on the basis of golden whisker juice (1 tbsp. Spoon), baby cream (1 tube), valerian tinctures (1 tsp.) And olive oil (1 tbsp.). The tool heals wounds, relieves itching and well nourishes the skin of the face.
- Use to clean the skin decoctions of chamomile flowers or marigold. 1 tbsp. brew a spoonful of flowers in 200 ml. boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain and wipe the skin as a cleansing lotion. You can store the broth for 3-4 days.
The results of treatment with folk remedies will be noticeable only after 2-3 weeks.