Pancreatitis is considered to be a rather complicated disease affecting the pancreas. If the development of the first symptoms do not proceed to its treatment, the destructive processes can be fatal. When asked whether chronic pancreatitis can be cured, experts have previously argued that this is impossible, now there is a perception that by taking certain steps and adhering to proper nutrition, you can forget about this pathology forever.
Is it possible to completely forget about the disease?
An unequivocal answer to the question is impossible, since it depends on the severity of the pathology, on the probability of transition to the chronic form. Mild pancreatitis affects a small area of the pancreas, the disease is manifested only in a small swelling. It is not difficult to cure this degree. The prognosis of the disease is usually favorable, pancreatitis does not become chronic.
If the patient complies with all the recommendations of the attending physician, uses prescribed medications, strictly follows the diet, completely refuses bad habits, then you can count on a cure for the disease. If the patient does not comply with the recommendations of a specialist, then pancreatitis can easily go into the chronic stage, and the prognosis for full cure becomes unfavorable.
When taking the disease on a larger scale, when cysts, abscesses appeared, cells became infected, it is not always possible to fully recover, since, unfortunately, the pathological processes occurring in the organ are irreversible. It is quite difficult to cure chronic pancreatitis forever, as it sometimes causes the following complications:
- tissue necrosis;
- development of purulent pancreatitis;
- fluid accumulation in the pancreas;
- pancreas abscess;
Meals after discharge from hospital
After the patient is discharged from the hospital, he is usually advised to refrain from spicy, fatty, pickled food, alcohol and smoking. These measures are often not enough to restore the pancreas.
In order to avoid such a development, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Nutritionists say that even if a person has had a pancreatitis attack at least once, then fractional and frequent meals are necessary.
Thus, the food does not have time to stagnate in the digestive tract, and fewer digestive enzymes are required to process it. The topic of nutrition is important in case of pancreatic disease, since it is the ingestion of food that influences the further course of the disease.
Folk recipes for the disease
There are many popular recipes to help get rid of this disease. Traditional medicine should always be combined with the traditional. When asked how to cure chronic pancreatitis with the help of folk methods, doctors answer that they cannot be used independently and hope for complete healing, thus one can delay precious time, there are more chances for the development of the chronic stage of the disease.
Acceptance of folk recipes must necessarily be coordinated with your doctor. After a stable remission, a specialist can prescribe a long-term use of herbal teas that help consolidate the result.
The most applicable and effective recipes include the following:
- Equal proportions of Hypericum, motherwort, peppermint. 1 tbsp. l mix pour 1 cup boiling water and insist for 30 minutes. This collection relieves spasms, restores tissue, activates the production of bile, has a sedative effect. It is able to normalize digestion, eliminate abdominal discomfort. If tea leaves are added to the treated infusion, then you can use ½ cup of tea before meals instead of tea. If this collection is taken for 3 months, then the development of complications can be prevented.
- Take 3 parts of rhizomes of valerian, 2 parts of elecampane, 1 part inflorescences of violet and fennel seeds. 1 tbsp. l composition is filled with 1 cup of boiling water, infused for half an hour. This collection is able to have a calming, relieving spasms. If you take it for 1 month as a preventive measure, you can remove nervousness, hyper-excitability, strengthen the protective functions of the body, and normalize the digestive process.
- Take 2 parts of peppermint, 1 part of calendula, marsh creeper, yarrow. 1 tbsp. l collection pour 1 cup boiling water, insist on for 30 minutes. This herbal tea has a good choleretic, restorative, anti-inflammatory, calming effect. It is able to normalize the production of digestive enzymes. Often the composition is used in chronic pancreatitis to avoid the development of relapses, with acute so that the disease does not turn into a chronic stage.
- 3 parts of dill, inflorescences of violet, immortelle, 1 part of chamomile are used. 1 tbsp. l The collection is filled with 1 cup of boiling water and infused for 30 minutes. This composition is able to normalize digestion, eliminate the signs of the disease, eliminate cramps, activate the production of bile. It can be used both in the acute stage and for the treatment of chronic course.
Full recovery from pancreatitis does not mean improvement of state of health to such a state that it would be possible to return to bad habits. You can achieve a lack of relapse and return to a full life, but realizing that strict adherence to the diet and regular specialist visits will be necessary.