The most common complaints from patients at a urologist are urinary infections, which can occur in any age group for various reasons.
Bacterial infection of the organs of the urinary system is accompanied by painful discomfort, and delayed therapy can lead to the chronic form of the disease.
For the treatment of such pathologies in medical practice, antibiotics are usually used that can quickly save a patient from an infection with inflammation of the urogenital system quickly and effectively.
The use of antibacterial agents in MPI
Normally, a healthy person’s urine is almost sterile. However, the urethral tract has its own mucus flora, so the presence of pathogenic organisms in the urinary fluid (asymptomatic bacteriuria) is often fixed.
This condition does not manifest itself and treatment is usually not required, except for pregnant women, small children and patients with immunodeficiency.
If the analysis showed whole colonies of E. coli in the urine, then antibiotic therapy is required. At the same time, the disease has characteristic symptoms and is chronic or acute. Also, treatment with antibacterial agents by long courses in small dosages is indicated as prevention of relapses.
Further, antibiotic treatment regimens for urogenital infections are provided for both sexes, as well as for children.
Patients with mild and moderate stages are prescribed oral fluoroquinolone (for example, Zofloks 200-400 mg 2 times a day), Amoxicillin inhibitor-resistant, as an alternative to cephalosporins.
Cystitis and urethritis
Cystitis and inflammation in the urethral canal usually occur synchronously, so the same antibacterial agents are used.
With a complicated and severe course of the pathological condition, mandatory hospitalization is necessary. In the hospital, a special treatment regimen with parenteral drugs is prescribed. It should be borne in mind that in the stronger sex any form of urogenital infection is complicated.
With a slight course of the disease, the treatment is outpatient, while the doctor prescribes medicines for oral administration. Acceptable use of herbal infusions, decoctions as an additional therapy on the recommendation of the doctor.
Broad-spectrum antibiotics in the treatment of MPI
Modern antibacterial agents are classified into several species that have a bacteriostatic or bactericidal effect on pathogenic microflora. In addition, the drugs are divided into antibiotics with a wide and narrow spectrum of action. The latter are often used in the treatment of MPI.
For the treatment can be used semi-synthetic, inhibitor, combination drugs, penicillin series
- Ampicillin – a means for oral administration and parenteral use. It acts destructively on the infectious cell.
- Amoxicillin – the mechanism of action and the final result is similar to the previous preparation, it is highly resistant to the acidic environment of the stomach. Analogs: Flemoksin Solutab, Hikontsil.
This species differs from the penicillin group in its high resistance to enzymes produced by pathogenic microorganisms. Cephalosporin-type preparations are prescribed for flooring. Contraindications: women in position, lactation. The list of common therapeutic means of MPI include:
- Cefalexin – a remedy for inflammation.
- Ceclare – 2nd generation cephalosporins, intended for oral administration.
- Zinnat – provided in various forms, low toxic, safe for infants.
- Ceftriaxone – granules for the solution, which is further injected parenterally.
- Cefobid – 3rd generation cephalosporins, introduced in / in, in / m.
- Maxipim – refers to the 4th generation, the method of application is parenteral.
Antibiotics of this group are most effective for infections of the genitourinary sphere, endowed with bactericidal action. However, there are serious drawbacks: toxicity, negative effects on connective tissue, able to penetrate into breast milk and pass through the placenta. For these reasons, are not assigned to pregnant, lactating women, children under 18 years of age, patients with tendinitis. May be administered with mycoplasma.
- Ciprofloxacin. Excellent absorbed in the body, relieves painful symptoms.
- Ofloxin. It has a large spectrum of action, due to which it is applied not only in urology.
Type of drugs for parenteral administration into the body with a bactericidal mechanism of action. Aminoglycoside antibiotics are used at the discretion of the physician, since they have a toxic effect on the kidneys, negatively affect the vestibular apparatus, hearing. Contraindicated in position and lactating mothers.
- Gentamicin – preparation of 2 generations of aminoglycosides, poorly absorbed by the gastrointestinal tracts, for this reason, is introduced in / in, in / m.
- Netromycin – similar to the previous drug.
- Amikacin – dovalno effective in the treatment of complicated IIP.
A group of bacteriostatic antibiotics that manifests itself to gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. One of the features is the almost complete absence of resistance in pathogens. Furadonine may be prescribed as a treatment. It is contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, but children can take it after 2 months from the date of birth.
This group of drugs is aimed at suppressing viruses:
- Antiherpetic medications – Acyclovir, Penciclovir.
- Interferons – Viferon, Kipferon.
- Other drugs – Orvirem, Repenza, Arbidol.
For the treatment of MPI, 2 types of antifungal agents are used:
- Systemic azoles that inhibit the activity of fungi – Fluconazole, Diflucan, Flucostat.
- Antifungal antibiotics – Nystatin, Levorin, Amphotericin.
Antibiotics of this group contribute to the suppression of pathogens. Metronidazole is more commonly prescribed in the treatment of MPI. Pretty effective for trichomoniasis.
Antiseptics used to prevent sexually transmitted infections:
- On iodine basis – Betadine in the form of a solution or suppositories.
- Drugs with chlorine base – Chlorhexidine solution, Miramistin in the form of a gel, liquid, candles.
- Funds based gibitan – Hexion in candles, solution.
Other antibiotics in the treatment of urogenital infections
Special attention deserves the drug Monural. It does not belong to any of the above groups and is universal in the development of the inflammatory process in the urogenital area in women. In the case of an uncomplicated MPI, an antibiotic is administered once. The drug is not prohibited during pregnancy, is also allowed for the treatment of children from 5 years.
Preparations for the treatment of the urogenital system of women
Infections of the urogenital system in women can cause the following diseases (most frequent): pathology of the appendages and ovaries, bilateral inflammation of the fallopian tubes, vaginitis. For each of them, a specific treatment regimen with the use of antibiotics, antiseptics, painkillers and supported flora and immunity are used.
Antibiotics for pathology of the ovaries and appendages:
- Combination of Gentamicin with Cefotaxime, Tetracycline and Norsulfazol.
Antibiotic therapy for bilateral inflammation of the fallopian tubes:
Antifungal and anti-inflammatory antibacterial agents of a wide spectrum of action prescribed for vaginitis:
Antibiotics for the treatment of the genitourinary system in men
In men, pathogens can also cause certain pathologies for which specific antibacterial agents are used:
- Prostatitis – Ceftriaxone, Levofloxacin, Doxycycline.
- Pathology of seminal vesicles – Erythromycin, Metatsiklin, Makropen.
- Disease of the epididymis – Levofloxacin, Minocycline, Doxycycline.
- Balanoposthitis – antibiotic treatment is based on the type of pathogen present. Antifungal agents for topical use – Candide, Clotrimazole. Broad-spectrum antibiotics – Levomekol (based on levomycetin and methyluracil).
In urological practice, physicians may prescribe uroanteptics as both the main therapy and as an auxiliary treatment.
Canephron is a proven remedy among physicians and patients. The main action is aimed at relieving inflammation, destroying germs, and also has a diuretic effect.
The composition of the drug includes rosehips, rosemary, herb centaury. It is applied internally in the form of dragees or syrup.
Phytolysin – capable of removing pathogens from the urethra, facilitates the release of calculus, reduces inflammation. The composition of the drug includes a lot of plant extracts and essential oils, comes in the form of a paste to prepare a solution.
Herbal antiseptic, made in the form of drops and capsules, relevant to cystitis. Ingredients: extract of hop cones, carrot seeds, essential oils.
Medications for the relief of symptoms of inflammation of the genitourinary system: antispasmodics and diuretics
It is advisable to start the treatment of urinary tract inflammation with medications that stop inflammation, while restoring the activity of the urinary tract. For these purposes, antispasmodics and diuretics are used.
Able to eliminate pain, improve the flow of urine. The most common medications include:
Diuretics for the removal of fluid from the body. Used with caution because they can lead to renal failure, complicate the course of the disease. Basic medications for MPI:
Today, medicine is able to quickly and painlessly assist in the treatment of infections in the urogenital system, using antibacterial agents. To do this, it is only necessary to consult a doctor in time and undergo the necessary examinations, on the basis of which a competent treatment scheme will be drawn up.