A woman who takes care of her health should visit a gynecologist at least once a year, and ideally every three months. On examination, the doctor must take the material for examination from the cervical canal, cervix and vagina to determine the level of purity of the vagina and identify the disease in time. Normally, the microbial flora is rod-shaped or mixed, where the main part of the bacilli present is made up of useful lactobacilli that look like sticks with a thick wall and have the same size.
In the mixed flora are lactobacillus, which make up the majority of bacteria
What does the smear analysis for flora show
Sampling for analysis is taken with a disposable special spatula. The resulting scrapings are applied to a glass slide and sent to the laboratory, where they are stained with the desired dye, dried, and then examined under a microscope. This is a microbiological method of analytics.
It allows you to see:
- in a woman smear rod flora , what does the presence of lactobacilli, gram-positive bacilli, which maintain an acidic environment and inhibit the reproduction of harmful bacteria;
- squamous epithelium, which is lined with mucous membranes, and the number varies depending on the day of the menstrual cycle;
- white blood cells involved in the destruction of pathogenic microbes;
- mucus is observed as a product of the glands, it is necessary to maintain normal humidity;
- appearance is possible polymorphous rod flora , What does this mean for the body, consider below.
Smear analysis is carried out in the laboratory under a microscope using special dyes.
The group of polymorphically rod flora includes bacilli having different size and shape of rods, which differ from useful specimens in thickness. Such microbes are much smaller and called gram-negative.
This provokes the occurrence of diseases, from dysbiosis to inflammatory and infectious processes.
A large number of polymorphous rod flora found in the smear is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the cervix and cervical canal. Accompanied by the following symptoms:
- there is a large amount of light, gray or greenish discharge, sometimes even purulent;
- there is an unpleasant sour smell;
- disturbs itching and discomfort;
- soreness during sexual contact;
- discomfort during stool;
- pain in the abdomen and perineum.
Self treatment errors
Very often, women take the above symptoms for thrush and begin to treat themselves, driving the situation into a dead end. This can not be done categorically. When the slightest deviations in the work of the reproductive system appear, it is necessary to visit the antenatal clinic in order to establish the reason and get rid of it correctly.
The need for bacterioscopy
Representatives of polymorphic rod flora can settle on the walls of the vagina in the form of a white patina, which the gynecologist finds during examination. It is difficult to determine exactly what this bacillus is, therefore, as a rule, bacterioscopy is prescribed. After sampling, the test material is placed in a special environment where germs germinate. This helps to identify all their varieties and to identify not only the type of pathogen, but also its sensitivity to antibiotics that can destroy it.
State of flora
In practice, microbiological evaluation of the results of analytics of the material under investigation is most often used, according to which the following purity stages are distinguished:
- Grade 1 characterizes a perfectly healthy woman when visually determined in a smear of the rod’s flora in large quantities with an admixture of a single epithelium and a small amount of mucus;
- Grade 2 is also inherent in healthy women, but here individual cocci are attached to sufficiently present lactic acid bacteria and epithelium. This situation should not cause concern, since it is considered the norm and is observed in a sufficient number of girls who have sex;
- Grade 3 is not entirely favorable picture. The smear is dominated by cocci, a small amount of rods, the number of leukocytes increases (more than 10 in sight), the efficiency of the rod flora decreases, which means it is not difficult to guess: an inflammatory process develops;
- Grade 4 is marked by the presence of only cocci, no rods at all, a large number of cervical epithelium, a growing number of white blood cells, an increase in secretions. This indicates the occurrence of bacterial colpitis.
In the latter case, to clarify the diagnosis, the doctor may recommend colposcopy to form an opinion about the level of damage to the cervix and cervical canal.
Doctors distinguish 4 stages of flora purity
Treatment Based Analysis
When conducting a smear test, the analyzes get to the doctor, and after reading the results, he concludes about the state of the flora and decides if there is a pathology, which microorganisms are interested in it, and how to bring the lactobacilli to a normal state. It is recommended treatment with suppositories or tablets, if necessary antibiotics are used.
Rod flora during pregnancy
It’s harder to beat such a problem to a pregnant woman. From the moment of conception the hormonal background changes. Its fluctuations lead to a change in the ratio of microflora in the vagina. The environment is changing, which makes it possible for the development of bacteria that cause inflammation or any infection.
Good rod flora during pregnancy is a guarantee of the child’s health
Therefore, it is not necessary to explain what it is, the rod floss in the smear of the expectant mother. This is an indicator of the health of her and the future baby. The first examination of a woman is done during registration, and then repeated twice, at 30 and 36-37 weeks. All these activities help to identify and treat pathological processes in time to prevent the child from being infected with pathogenic bacilli when passing through the birth canal during birth.
Tips and advice on keeping the flora
For the reliability of smear before going to the doctor, there are several points that should be taken into account for every woman:
- three days before attending a maternity clinic to abstain from sex;
- do not douche;
- Do not take analysis during menstruation.
In order for a large number of rod flora to live in the vagina, the following rules must be followed:
- monitor the purity of the genitals, wash at least once a day;
- use special means of intimate hygiene that do not violate the acidic environment of the vagina;
- douching should be done only as prescribed by a doctor, since it will also flush out beneficial microbes;
- do not get involved in thongs and panty liners;
- when changing partners, use protective equipment;
- debug mode of work and good rest;
- strengthen immunity by all available means;
- develop a balanced diet;
- as far as possible avoid stressful situations.
Thus, the normal composition of the flora in women is considered to be mixed or rod. The high content of rod flora should not cause concern, and in the presence of cocci, appropriate treatment is prescribed.