In the human body there is not a single organ that is not damaged by one or another pathology. Even in intimate places can cause problems. Diseases of the large or small labia are usually accompanied by pain, itching, burning, or, conversely, are completely asymptomatic. In case of any discomfort in the region of the labia, it is worthwhile to consult a doctor in time to find the cause and eliminate it. What diseases affect the female genital organs? What are the symptoms and causes of their provoking?
Types of pathologies
Any, even the slightest damage, redness or irritation can be a signal that the female genital organs are affected by a disease that has surrendered to an infected partner. Below we list the diseases that are often found in the history of women who do not take care of themselves and have several sexual partners at once.
- Chancroid. In other words – venereal ulcer. This pathology is very rare. Its causative agent is the bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi. The incubation period takes up to 3 weeks, but after a few days after the infection enters the body, a small red spot can be seen on the labia, which gradually begins to grow.
- Genital herpes. This disease is often accompanied by pain, so miss it in the early stages will not work. Also on the genital lips appear rash in the form of bubbles, they help to quickly diagnose pathology.
- Contagious mollusk. This is a viral skin infection, its causative agent is a virus from the group of smallpox. In women, small nodules appear on the surface of the lips, which can spread to other organs, continuing to multiply on the thighs, abdomen and beyond, if you do not start timely treatment.
- Syphilis. This is a venereal disease affecting the mucous membrane, skin, bones, internal organs. Infection, a provoking disease – bacteria from the order spirochaete.
All the diseases described above are transmitted from an infected partner, so in order to protect yourself, you need to monitor your health, have one partner and regularly visit a doctor. The following diseases of the large or small lips of the genital lips are not related to sexual contact.
- Vulvar dysplasia. With this type of disease, white, red or brown spots may appear on the external genitals. The vulva can also develop into cancerous growths – melanoma, basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma.
- Atopic dermatitis. This genetically caused disease affects the skin. Most often, the pathology develops in those who are genetically located to atopy. The main symptom of the disease is unbearable itching. Often it can cause food allergens. At the first symptoms of the disease, an urgent need to consult a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and begin therapy.
- Contact dermatitis. This disease of the skin of the labia is caused by exposure to an allergen. Symptoms resemble allergies.
- Nonspecific vulvovaginitis. This pathology simultaneously affects the vulva, vulva and vagina. Most common in young girls. In women, the disease begins with inflammation of the vagina. Lack of hygiene can lead to such a disease; mechanical factors are also the cause. Symptoms: itching, abundant leucorrhea, very similar to purulent, sometimes with blood; the vulva swells and the vaginal mucosa is affected by hemorrhages.
But besides these, other diseases are also common. Every woman should know about them in order to see a doctor at the first symptoms and prevent serious consequences.
- Benign cysts. Education data can be found in any woman. They are able to disappear on their own during several menstrual cycles. There are many types of such cysts, but they are not considered tumors. They appear as a result of failures in the process of follicle development or due to inflammation of the lips / vagina.
- Bartholin cyst gland. This pea-sized (or larger) formation appears mainly at the bottom of the large lips. It develops due to the fact that the excretory duct of the gland is growing. Often accompanied by suppuration. As a result, the woman fever, there are pain and hyperemia. It is necessary to treat such a cyst operatively and only according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor.
- Vaginal cysts. These neoplasms can have different shapes and a tough-elastic consistency. Their location is superficial. They require surgical treatment.
- Ovarian cysts. They appear due to the fact that a secret accumulates in the cavity and its number is constantly increasing.
- Bartholin gland abscesses, or Skin’s cysts. Most often, the disease begins with a small cyst in the region of the labia, and then, if no measures are taken in time, an abscess develops, which can be eliminated only with the help of surgery and further therapy. It is the treatment after surgery that will help to completely eliminate the disease and prevent its recurrence.
Diseases affecting the vagina, the region of the labia and other parts of intimate places may have pronounced symptoms or may be completely asymptomatic. Some of them can be recognized independently, but there are also those that can be detected only by the doctor after the diagnosis.
Diagnosis, therapy and care at home
Fully cure diseases of the genital lips of the house will not succeed. The symptoms can only be alleviated, but the doctor should prescribe and control the treatment.
Infection in the labia can affect both the vagina and the uterus. Without diagnosis and complex therapy in such a situation can not do.
At home, it is acceptable to relieve itching and pain, a sit-in bath with chamomile or a string helps a great deal. If ulcers appear, you need to start treatment together with your partner, and a specialist should select it. If the following symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor to protect yourself from serious and irreversible processes:
- any incomprehensible lesions on the genitals;
- persistent and disturbing itching;
- the appearance of pain, discomfort and discharge, fever.
The doctor must conduct a comprehensive diagnosis, examination on the gynecological chair. You may also be asked questions about the disease and intimate life:
- what hurts and what pain: dull or acute;
- one symptom has appeared or there are others;
- in which area pain and itching is felt;
- when the first time there was discomfort;
- whether such diseases have been previously observed;
- how regular is the patient’s sex life;
- Does urination bother you;
- Are there any pain during sex;
- Has the patient experienced abnormal vaginal drainage?
Answers to all these questions will help to make the correct diagnosis, but they still may not be enough to identify a disease that has been troubling for a long time. Therefore, the doctor may prescribe additional studies:
- general urine analysis;
- differential blood count;
- biopsy (a piece of skin, a drop of liquid or mucous membrane).
To treat diseases affecting intimate places, you can with the help of medicines, surgery or popular methods. But most often, experts combine all these treatment options – only in this way can good results be achieved. Surgical intervention will not be effective if after it you do not take a course of treatment with drugs, and traditional methods will not be able to destroy the infection. Self-medication can become dangerous, so the first thing to do when symptoms appear is to see a doctor.