Why have so many people become cysts lately? Is bad ecology to blame again ?! Most likely, the point is not the pollution of the environment, but the development of diagnostic equipment. After all, more than 90% determine whether a cyst or not, it is not possible, such cysts are silent:
- do not cause pain
- do not feel out
- do not raise the temperature
- not visible when viewed.
Therefore, to find out exactly whether you have a cyst or not, it is possible only with the help of ultrasound, and sometimes only after computed tomography. Self-determination methods work only when a newly formed vesicle:
- big enough;
- pain begins to inflame and is felt;
- is close to the surface of the skin or mucous membrane.
How to find out if there is a cyst on the ovary?
In the normal sex glands in women of small size:
- ovary height about 2.7 cm
- about 2.5 cm wide
- thickness 1.9 cm
If any type of ovarian cyst appears, it immediately increases. Therefore, during each examination, the gynecologist probes these organs, determining their size.
A woman herself by palpation can find out if there is a cyst on the ovary, when its size is more than 2-3 cm. Then the gland itself is almost doubled. Small cysts do not always define with their fingers, even doctors. A 1-2 cm bubble can be felt only if it is inflamed and pressure causes pain.
The greater the likelihood of the formation of cysts on the right ovary, because it has a more intensive blood supply.
A large ovarian cyst larger than 5 cm is easy to determine. She is:
- visible when viewed in a mirror as an asymmetric formation,
- causes compression and pain in adjacent tissues,
- affects the cycle, may cause a delay in menstruation,
- requires enhanced treatment or surgery to remove.
Unfortunately, many women are not inclined to listen to the state of their bodies and check it with the help of self-examination. And about the presence of ovarian cyst in oneself only after its rupture or twisting the legs. It is urgent to call an ambulance and go to the surgical department of the gynecological hospital if:
- there was a sharp pain in the abdomen, or some strange unpleasant sensations, which gradually increase, perhaps within 1-2 days,
- the skin became pale and sweat, possibly cold and clammy,
- nausea, gagging, fever,
- whether you suspected an ovarian cyst or not – in this case it does not matter, it could grow in the 2 months that have passed from the previous ultrasound.
If the cyst was inflamed or purulent, the danger is magnified many times due to diffuse peritonitis. Independently determine which cyst on the ovary is very difficult. It is not always determined by the gynecologist with the help of ultrasound. You can make assumptions about the type of ovarian cyst for some indirect evidence.
- Functional cysts, follicular and luteal spontaneously form and often disappear within 3 months. Determined only for large sizes. Rarely painful.
- The danger is hemorrhagic complication – hemorrhage into the cavity of the cyst as a result of rupture of the vessel after injury, straining, violent sex. At the same time there is pain, but not always immediately and severe, the temperature rises. Hemorrhagic cyst is rapidly approaching rupture. The bill goes to the clock. A haemorrhagic cyst can be removed with laparoscopy, and after a rupture, a traumatic laparotomy with a large incision is likely to be necessary.
What to do if you suspect an ovarian cyst? To find out if there is a cyst, you need a gynecologist. Even if you are one of the few women fulfilling the golden rule, you should go to a maternity clinic for a routine examination every six months. Were recently at your district doctor’s doctor, and you were told that everything is fine? Look at the women’s forum in your city and find recommendations from a doctor with a wealth of successful treatment experience. It is always useful to listen to the opinions of at least two specialists and compare them.
How to identify cysts on different organs?
The word cyst refers to any benign vesicle in the human body. By their origin, form, feature, danger, they can be very different. To find out if there is a cyst in any of the organs, it is necessary to understand what exactly this type is.