In women, secretions from the genitals are related to normal physiological processes, but often their presence or change in characteristics should be an alarming signal.
Yellow discharge from women can be both the norm and evidence of a developing infection.
If you notice such a discharge in yourself, you are alarmed by color, smell and abundance, do not waste time, contact your gynecologist in order to either exclude possible diseases as soon as possible, or proceed to adequate treatment.
The rate of discharge varies from a transparent whitish to slightly yellow. Therefore, do not worry if they suddenly decided to change the color.
Let’s examine when the nature of the discharge is considered normal:
- The amount of discharge per day does not exceed one teaspoon. During menstruation, intercourse or in front of them, the amount of discharge increases slightly.
- As a rule, they should not be thick and abundant, but with menstruation or ovulation, some changes may occur, for example, the appearance of mucous secretions.
- Highlights should not be left bright traces on bedding or underwear. If the color of the discharge is slightly yellowish, but it leaves no noticeable marks, then this is the norm.
- Discharge from a healthy woman should not be accompanied by an unpleasant smell. Sometimes vaginal secretions have a slightly sour smell, which is associated with the predominance of lactic acid bacteria in the vagina, which create an acidic environment.
In addition, normal yellow discharge is not accompanied by such subjective signs as itching, burning or discomfort in the region of the external genital organs.
Causes of yellow discharge in women
Any change in the color and smell of the vaginal fluid can serve as a signal for the development of an infectious disease or inflammation.
The most popular diseases that cause yellow discharge:
If yellowish whites become too abundant, cause increased itching, hyperemia of the external genital organs, I have a pronounced putrid smell, combined with pain symptoms, impaired urination, should be consulted by a gynecologist.
Yellow discharge with a smell in women
The unpleasant smell of vaginal discharge most often indicates the presence of STDs.
- Chlamydia: when viewed from the vagina, a yellow discharge is seen emerging from the cervical canal and flowing down the walls of the vagina.
- Trichomoniasis: leucorrhea is abundant, frothy, greenish or yellowish, with a sharp putrid odor.
- Gonorrhea: moderate in volume, yellowish white in color. May be accompanied by bleeding without matching the cycle, pains of the “lowered belt” type – lower back, lower abdomen, internal part of the thighs.
It can also be:
- Thrush. Cheesy discharges, white or yellow in color, having an acidic smell that is intensified upon contact with air, are observed.
- Manifestations of ureaplasmosis and mycoplasmosis are more erased. These can be characteristic vaginal discharge, itching in the genital area, redness of the vaginal mucosa and
Such diseases require mandatory treatment, so you need to see a specialist.
Yellow-green discharge from women
If there are additional symptoms: burning, pain, itching and unpleasant smell, we can talk about certain pathologies.
Yellow-green discharge in women occurs in such situations:
- Thrush – caused by the reproduction of fungal microorganisms;
- Gonorrhea – inflammation of the urinary tract;
- Chlamydia is a venereal pathology, one of the few that can be transmitted through everyday objects;
- Bacterial vaginosis – it is characterized by the smell of rotten fish;
- Inflammation of a non-specific nature.
Most of these diseases are sexually transmitted and quickly spread to many organs of the urogenital system. Any inflammatory processes without adequate treatment become chronic, often recurrent, and can lead to infertility.
On the background of hormonal changes, vaginal discharge can become abundant and get a yellowish tint. If they are not accompanied by pain and other unpleasant sensations in the genitals, do not have an unpleasant smell and without purulent impurities, then there is no particular reason for concern.
In this case, you need to visit a gynecologist to rule out the possibility of an infectious disease.
The acute form of the disease is accompanied by abundant pussy yellow discharge. In the chronic form of the disease, the discharge is scanty, there is a strong irritation of the external genital organs. There may also be back pain and intercourse, painful menstruation and constant urination.
It may be caused by a yeast infection, trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis. This infection is very common and manifests as abundant white or yellow vaginal discharge after menstruation. Vaginitis caused by trichomoniasis infection is often manifested in yellow, green and gray frothy secretions. Bacterial vaginosis is manifested by thick white and yellow secretions.
In acute, yellow discharge is abundant, in chronic it is scanty. Sexual intercourse can cause soreness and bloody discharge. Against the background there is bloating, painful menstruation, poor appetite, difficult or painful urination.
With the development of venereal diseases, excretions also acquire yellow staining, abundant impurities of pus appear in them, and a sharp unpleasant odor occurs. The external genitalia swell, develop severe itching and burning, aggravated after urination, pains occur during sexual intercourse.
Sometimes the appearance of yellow whites can cause allergic reactions caused by aggressive external factors. These factors include women’s tampons or pads, as well as condoms and synthetic underwear.
If you notice that you have abnormal discharge, and they are tinged with yellow, but there are no negative symptoms, you should not start worrying.
In this case, you should do the following:
- use linen exclusively from natural fabrics;
- monitor your personal hygiene carefully;
- use for personal hygiene only high-quality, good means;
- Always be extremely careful during sexual contact, protect themselves.
If the discharge is accompanied by an unpleasant smell, difficulty urinating, itching and pain, you should immediately go for help to a highly qualified female doctor.