The basal temperature is called figure of a person in a state of sleep. There is a cyclical change in temperature due to ovulation, the reason is ovarian function. It is recommended to keep a schedule of temperature after ovulation, it will allow to judge the state of the reproductive system and hormonal background.
Basal temperature measurements necessarily held in a state of calm, when a person is in a dream for more than 3 hours, preferably about 6-7 hours. To measure the thermometer is installed in the rectum, mouth or vagina.
Temperature readings have high accuracy, since there is practically no environmental influence. Temperature measurement is an important procedure that allows you to determine the presence or absence of pathologies, so the request of the doctor should be treated correctly.
The measurement method was invented back in 1953. It allows you to determine the correct functioning of the ovaries. After measurements, a graph is plotted. The expert on the basis of the analysis will make a conclusion about health.
For measurements need a medical thermometer any type. When measuring with a mercury thermometer, wait 5 minutes. The electronic type will independently submit a notification about the end of the procedure.
- Measure daily, no exception days with monthly.
- Need to choose place the measurement and spend in it all the time, as when measuring in different places there may be some changes in the testimony. It is worth spending in the vagina, mouth or anus, under the arm the accuracy of the results will be questionable.
- Vaginal and rectal method requires the introduction of a narrow part of the thermometer in the passage for 3 minutes. The most common way is through the rectum.
- Measurements must be taken immediately after waking up, a person should not get up before the end of the procedure.
- Be sure to conduct measurements at the same time with a difference of no more than 1-1.5 hours. Every hour of sleep helps to raise the temperature by 0.1 °.
- Duration of uninterrupted sleep before measurements should be more than 3 hours. Informative indications for earlier measurements will be violated.
- Thermometer within the compilation it is not recommended to change one schedule, even if the same element is based on it.
It is also necessary to observe:
- Mercury thermometer shake off before installation, otherwise readings below the set mark will not be recorded. For insurance it is required to make certain efforts, because of them there can be changes in indications. It is recommended to prepare the device in the evening and put it within reach, but the mercury view should not be stored under the pillow.
- Basal temperature measurement requires being in a lying, motionless position. Unnecessary movements are forbidden: turning, lifting, turning over interfere with the results. You can not stand up for a thermometer, otherwise you can not measure the temperature – the procedure will not bring benefit. Sometimes experts recommend not even open your eyes so that the light does not provoke the synthesis of hormones.
- Taking testimony The tonometer is held as soon as the device is removed.
- Measurement results should be recorded to avoid confusion, because the differences by a fraction of a degree can reduce the information content of the readings. If during measurements the indicator is between 2 marks, you should fix the bottom one.
- If to change the temperature there could be causes – disease, abnormal metering, inflammation and
What should be the temperature after ovulation, 37?
Post ovulation temperature always increases a little usually the changes are small, of the order of 0.3 °, so the indicator slightly exceeds 37 °.
Indicators grow gradually, This requires 2-3 days. In general, an increase from 0.1 to 0.3 ° is considered normal at this stage of the cycle. The retention of high temperature continues until menstruation occurs. After excretion of blood, the temperature gradually decreases.
If no increase occurs, and sometimes even a decrease is noted – this is an alarming signal, which indicates the presence of certain deviations in the hormonal system. Except when the decrease is due to other external factors or the measurement is incorrect.
In such situations, you need to contact a gynecologist to diagnose pathology.
Normal basal value temperature is 37 ° or a little more.
At low rates, progesterone deficiency may occur, respectively, the pathology of the reproductive system and conception becomes problematic.
How to make a schedule
For proper scheduling it is necessary to record the correct readings based on the previously described requirements. If there are noticeable changes in the readings due to external factors, a mark is made.
The graph should be columns:
- The day of the month.
- Day of the menstrual cycle.
- Notes – deviations and notes about why the temperature could be incorrectly fixed or changed.
Thanks to this simple form manages to get complete information on basal temperature.
After drawing up weekly schedule the points are interconnected and a line appears that reflects the state of health.
The reasons why rises
Based on schedule need to make a division into 2 phases. The division is made at the place of passage of the ovulation line (marked with a vertical bar). So the first phase is the period before ovulation, and the second phase is called the period after ovulation.
The reason for the decline in the first period can become an estrogen hormone. Due to the substance indicators may be at the level of 36.2-36.5 °.
When the temperature rises to 36.5-36.8 °, estrogen deficiency is often diagnosed. To eliminate the pathology used drug hormone therapy.
Inflammatory process in the appendages
In this case, the increase in performance occurs on a short-term basis. Even in the first half of the graph, 37 ° can be fixed, but then everything returns to normal. The definition of ovulation in this case becomes difficult.
In a healthy state at the beginning of the measurement should occur a decrease in bleeding.
If a person faces a drop in temperature before the end of the cycle, and then there is a re-rise before the immediate start – a potential cause of endometritis.
Is it possible to determine that fertilization has occurred?
The length of the menstrual cycle in different women may fluctuate by 2 weeks, but the changes are in the first phase. The second part of the cycle always lasts up to 12-14 days. A jump in temperature during ovulation indicates menstruation, but if this change lasts more than 2 weeks, this is a clear sign of pregnancy.
During pregnancy, menstruation does not occur, and the thermometer is constantly slightly above normal.
When to worry?
Reasons for concern occur with prolonged, but small deviations in the schedule. You need to respond to manifestations of shorter duration, but greater intensity.
It is recommended to carefully monitor the health when the temperature increases by more than 0.3 ° from the normal values throughout the cycle. If the deviation is more noticeable (over 0.5 °), it is worth looking at your health after 3-7 days. Any pathology with health or conception is the basis for contacting a specialist.
When to go to the doctor?
If a person follows the rules for measuring basal temperature and notes problems for more than 2 consecutive cycles, it is worth making an appointment with a doctor and diagnose to determine the condition.
The gynecologist pays attention to:
- The difference in performance over 0.4 ° between phases.
- High marks throughout the cycle.
- Constantly reduced temperature.
- The shortened stage in the second phase, when the period is less than 10 days.
- Blood excretion for no apparent reason in the middle of the cycle.
- Menstruation in extensive form, lasting over 5 days.
- Cycles with a duration of less than 21 days and more than 35 days.
- Graphs with controversial results and the implicit severity of ovulation.
- Late onset of ovulation and the inability to become pregnant for more than 2 cycles.
- Constant or frequent delays in the cycle, if not pregnant.
- Anovulatory indications.
- Increased systemic temperature in the second part, lasting over 18 days, but without the appearance of hemorrhage and with negative tests for conception.
- Qualitative graphs, where the period of ovulation is clearly expressed, as well as regular acts of proximity were carried out at a given time, but without conception for several cycles.
Basal temperature in case of ovulation, this is an informative method for determining health, the onset of ovulation or pregnancy, but it is worth adhering to the rules of scheduling and timely report deviations in the system.