Perhaps there is no person in the world who has never been sick at least once in his life. Some diseases are serious enough and require antibiotics. After such treatment, problems with the digestive system can occur.
If antibiotics hurt your stomach, what should you do? It is necessary to first understand the cause of such pain.
Antibiotics are drugs designed to stop the growth or permanently destroy pathogenic microbes.
But as a result of its broad spectrum of action, together with microorganisms capable of causing disease, the necessary bacteria also die.
As a result, a condition such as dysbacteriosis develops. After taking antibiotics, the gastrointestinal tract is particularly affected.
Therefore, it is so important to properly apply this kind of drugs, which should be prescribed by the attending physician.
The stomach may be ill after various antibiotics, but there are the most toxic, among them: Doxycycline, Polymyxin, Rifampicin, Cefazolin.
As a rule, a person feels discomfort in the stomach after taking antibiotics and, rarely, when can he say for sure what it is that hurts. In most cases, this is the stomach and intestines that hurt at the same time.
Why does the stomach hurt after antibiotics
For the normal process of digestion, the stomach produces a special juice consisting of active enzymes and hydrochloric acid. It is necessary for the breakdown of nutrients.
Further, it is necessary to mechanically grind food up to a slurry, which then enters the intestine, for further absorption of food.
The way of antibiotics is the same. At the same time, some of them are absorbed in the stomach. Therefore, it is important not to take drugs on an empty stomach. After that he hurts.
While taking antibiotics, abdominal discomfort may develop. The reason is the destruction of beneficial microflora. This condition is called dysbiosis.
Symptoms of dysbiosis can be different. This is nausea, a feeling of heaviness, pain in the stomach, an upset bowel – constipation or loose stools.
Dysbacteriosis differs from an intestinal infection in that the stomach hurts regardless of food intake.
If you experience pain in the stomach or intestines after taking antibiotics, you should consult a doctor.
In this case, for the diagnosis it is necessary to conduct tests for the presence of dysbiosis and seeding feces for the presence of intestinal pathogens.
In the event that antibiotic treatment is an integral part of therapy, the harm they bring to the body must be minimized.
In order to avoid pain in the stomach after taking antibiotics, you must use the following rules:
- Do not take medicine if the stomach is empty. In this case, light snack is recommended 20 minutes before taking antibiotics. You should not overeat.
- During treatment, review your diet. Include should be products that envelop the walls of the stomach, thereby saving them. These products include: mucous porridge, mashed puree, jelly, soup – puree. Another important point of diet therapy is the rejection of spicy dishes, pickles, strong tea and coffee. Completely exclude alcohol intake. Together with antibiotics, these products can harm the stomach lining.
- If there is an opportunity, it is better to refuse the tablet form of antibiotics and choose intramuscular or intravenous administration of the drug. After that, the antibiotic enters directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the stomach, and causes fewer side effects. However, the route of administration of antibiotics depends on the disease itself. For example, in case of intestinal infections, tablets are recommended for direct exposure to the nidus.
- It is better to drink the tablets with clean water, and not with juice, tea or milk, in the amount of at least half a glass.
- After a long course of antibiotic therapy, it is necessary to take probiotics. These preparations contain beneficial microorganisms that restore the gastrointestinal microflora.
If the reaction to the antibiotic is too pronounced and causes significant harm to the body, then perhaps there is a need to replace the drug, in the event that absolutely it is impossible to refuse it.
How can I restore the digestive tract after taking antibiotics
In order to normalize the stomach and intestines, it is necessary to restore their normal microflora. This is achieved in the following way:
- Reception of probiotics;
- Increased intake of vitamins in the body;
- Immunomodulatory correction;
- Reception of hepatoprotectors;
- Reception of natural preparations, plant origin.
In order to minimize the side effects of antibiotics and eliminate stomach pain after taking them, you must follow these rules:
- Strictly observe the doctor’s prescription. If antibiotics alone are prescribed, do not use cheaper counterparts.
- Keep the antibiotic must be in the refrigerator;
- It should be taken at the same time during the entire course of treatment;
- If the storage conditions in a dark place are mandatory, you must do everything according to the instructions;
- Pay attention to the compatibility of the drug with food. Some antibiotics need to be drunk after meals, and some with meals;
- Wash down the beam with clean water. There are antibiotics that, together with products, cause stomach pain, for example, tetracycline after drinking it with milk;
- You should not change the dose of the drug yourself, if there is a need for this, consult with your doctor;
- Before prescribing an antibiotic, the attending physician should be told about the latest intake of antibacterial drugs.
Have the ability to restore the intestinal microflora. They are natural – these are foods that contain beneficial microorganisms and in the form of drugs.
Most often they are composed of bacteria, but it may be other microorganisms – yeast. Beneficial bacteria are of two types: bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
Once in the body, they contribute to:
- Increase immunity;
- Inhibit the growth of pathogenic microflora;
- Promote normal functioning of the stomach and intestines;
- Prevent pathogenic bacteria from attaching to the intestinal wall;
- Helps neutralize toxins secreted by “bad” bacteria;
- Promotes the synthesis of vitamins of group B, ensuring the normal functioning of the nervous system and skin health.
The best probiotics today are Linex, Bifiform, Hilak – Forte. They need to start taking after (at least simultaneously) antibiotics for at least two weeks.
During treatment with these drugs, you must follow the diet. So the body will be easier to recover.
After a course of antibiotic treatment, not only the digestive system suffers, but also the immune system.
Immunity can be affected by taking immunomodulatory drugs. Before using them, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
The most effective drugs that help strengthen the immune system: tincture of Ginseng, Eleutherocum, Schizandra Chinese.
They need to take a course of at least one month, which contributes to the toning of the body.
It is known that immunity begins with a healthy intestine. If there are disorders in his work, then the general condition of the body will suffer from this.
It is necessary to colonize the intestines with beneficial bacteria, restoring its microflora, thereby strengthening their health and immunity.
Pathogenic microorganisms that colonize the intestines begin to produce toxins as a result of their vital activity.
These toxins poison the human body, after the digestive process is disturbed, nutrients are poorly absorbed, resulting in discomfort, stomach ache, nausea, and often vomiting.
In addition to the stomach, toxins have an adverse effect on the liver. This body removes any toxins from the body, including drugs. Naturally, the liver takes the whole brunt.
You can see it on the yellow sclera and gravity in the right hypochondrium.
Well at the same time helps the broth hips – it helps to restore and cleanse the liver. It should be taken up to 5 times a day in a glass, after eating.
If the process of liver intoxication is expressed so strongly that phytotherapy is indispensable, the doctor prescribes a course of hepatoprotectors. These include Essentiale and Kars.
How to restore the stomach and intestines after antibiotics
In the case when taking antibiotics caused a disorder of the digestive system, it is necessary to restore the body’s defenses.
If this is not done, a new one may develop against the background of the existing disease.
For recovery, it is necessary to carry out a set of measures, including: taking adaptogens, immunomodulators, vitamins and probiotics.
The main component is a diet that lasts at least three months.
From the diet should immediately exclude foods that promote fermentation in the intestine. This is black bread, cabbage, grapes, sugar, fresh milk.
It is recommended to eat fermented milk products containing bifidobacteria daily at night.
It relieves spasms and pain in the digestive tract chamomile decoction, which can be taken up to 5 times a day for half a glass, does not affect antibiotics.
You can alleviate the condition by putting a heating pad on your stomach. Warmly relax muscles and eliminate pain.
If loose stools are often troublesome, a decoction of rice may help. It has an enveloping effect and will eliminate irritation of the gastric mucosa.
Well removes stomach cramps and relaxes the muscles of the intestine tea with ginger. You can make fresh ginger and then drink half a glass 2 – 3 times a day. This is a good remedy for nausea.
Do not take antibiotics, just because they have helped someone well. Each has its own tolerability of drugs. When taking antibiotics one well they help, while others do not fit at all.
After taking antibiotics, the stomach hurts, and the course of treatment is not over yet, it is necessary to immediately inform the attending physician. You may need to adjust the treatment.
You should not take painkillers and antibiotics yourself at the same time, some drugs enhance the effect of each other.
Antibiotics are incapable of treating all diseases. They are only effective against bacterial infections. If a person has a viral infection, in this case they are powerless.
No matter how attentive a person is to his health, there will always be a place for illness. This is due to the weakening of immunity, poor lifestyle, bad habits.
All these are stressful agents of the body. Good immunity begins with a healthy intestine, in which all nutrients are fully absorbed.