Pork ribs are the basis of many delicious and hearty dishes. You can, for example, pickle the ribs in tomato sauce and send them to the grill or bake in the sleeve with onions. Well, if you need to cook dinner very quickly, then there is nothing simpler and more appetizing than roasted pork ribs with potatoes in the oven.
How tasty to cook pork ribs with potatoes?
I think I knew the recipe for cooking this dish all my life – my mother often cooked for holiday gatherings with her family.
In addition to the classic version, there are other equally tasty ways of roasting – in the sleeve and in the foil.
The main thing is to choose suitable ribs – there should be less fat on these, but more meat.
The length of the seeds themselves – a maximum of 10 cm.
If it is longer, ask the butcher to cut the “cartridge-holder” along — on your own in the kitchen is not easy.
Baked pork ribs with potatoes in the oven
This is how pork ribs were cooked with potatoes, onions and tomato juice in my family.
- Cuisine: Russian
- Dish Type: Main Dish
- Preparation: in the oven
- Servings: 5-6
- 1 h 40 min
- 1-1.5 kg pork ribs
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
Wash ribs, removing possible bone fragments and removing excess fat. Cut one by one.
Add chopped onion half rings and chopped garlic.
Pour in spices, bay leaf, dry or fresh rosemary.
Mix everything thoroughly. Add tomato juice and leave to marinate for 30-40 minutes.
Peel potatoes, cut into large slices. Add salt and optionally add spices and vegetable oil.
Mix the potato wedges and spread on a baking tray with high sides. You can take any convenient form for baking.
Top – pork ribs and onions.
We send in the oven and bake until done at a temperature of 180 C, about 40-60 minutes. Very tasty and satisfying! Enjoy your meal!
Serve with fresh vegetables, sauces.
The author: Elena Krapivina
Pork ribs with potatoes in a peasant style sleeve
This recipe is generally wonderful – and cooking is simple, and then you do not need to wash the oven.
What you need:
- pork ribs – 1 kg
- potato tubers – 7-8 pcs.
- onions – 2-3 pcs.
- carrots – 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.
- garlic – 2-3 tooth.
- bay leaf, ground black pepper, salt to taste
- Dill – 1 small bunch
- prunes – 5-6 pieces
How to cook:
- My ribs, cut into comfortable pieces, rub with a mixture of salt and pepper, set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- At this time, peel potatoes, cut into 4-6 large pieces.
- Onions, garlic, carrots, peppers are also peeled, cut the way they like. Carrots can be grated on a coarse grater.
- Mix all the vegetables, salt, send in a sleeve for baking along with pre-washed prunes. .
- Spread ribs on top – when baking, the fat and juice that will stand out will soak the potatoes.
- Cooking 1-1.5 hours at 180-200 degrees. Do not forget – in the package (sleeve) must be openings for steam.
- When serving, sprinkle with chopped dill.
Recipe for a festive dinner
In the restaurant, tasty and appetizing, you can cook pork ribs with potatoes in foil.
I warn you right away – you have to tinker, but the result, believe me, is worth it.
- pork ribs solid piece – 1-1,2 kg.
- potatoes – 8-10 tubers
- onions – 3-4 pcs.
- garlic – 2-3 cloves
- salt, black pepper – to taste
- 3-4 soy sauce
The process is step by step:
- First we select the “correct” piece of the rib part – there must be a whole wide layer, as in the photo above. Rinse it and dry on paper towels.
- We make marinade from soy sauce, honey, mustard and orange juice – we just mix everything.
- With this fragrant mixture, we thoroughly coat the meat and leave the ribs to marinate for at least 4-6 hours. It is better to make such a blank in the evening. Be sure to hermetically close, otherwise everything in the kitchen is saturated with the smell of garlic.
- Clean the potatoes, cut them into 4-6 sectors, salt, pepper, mix with chopped garlic and onion cut into half rings and also let stand. But 20 minutes is enough.
- Form a baking sheet or foil so that you can then cover the contents. Spread all the potatoes, on top – the edges (do not pour the marinade yet). Wrap the foil.
- Bake 40 minutes at 200 degrees. We take out the baking sheet, uncover the foil, and coat the whole piece of meat well using a marinade cooking brush. Cooking another 10 minutes already in clear form – we need an amber crisp crust.
- We again get and now we pour out all the remains, distributing over a piece of pork. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on a large platter, after which we will share portions.
If you want to make a dish that tastes like cooked in the oven, bake in the oven pork ribs in pots with potatoes and other vegetables according to this recipe: