They say that the eyes are the mirror of the soul. They reflect the mood and emotions of a person, his feelings and state of mind. But even more eyes can tell about health, habits, lifestyle and, of course, about age, because it is on the skin around the eyes that the first treacherous wrinkles appear, which cause chagrin in any woman. And all because the skin in this area of the face is very thin and contains almost no fat. If we also take into account the fact that the eyes are the most mobile organ of the human body and are in constant tension, it is quite obvious that the eyelid skin gradually stretches, loses its elasticity and fades much earlier than the dermis on other parts of the face.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely cancel the aging of the skin around the eyes, but it is quite possible to slow it down if you start caring for it in time. To do this, it is necessary to carry out a number of special procedures using various cosmetics – creams, masks and compresses, and they can be carried out not only under the supervision of professionals, but also at home.
Why is skin care around the eyes so important?
Often women think about caring for the skin around the eyes only when they notice the first age changes – facial wrinkles, bags and dark circles under the lower eyelids. In reality, all these troubles could have been avoided by starting to provide competent care for this part of the face much earlier, barely at the age of twenty-five. According to cosmetologists, it is at this age that many women experience the first changes affecting the skin, and therefore this period is a milestone after which it is necessary to be very careful about regular care of the eyelid skin, and there are good reasons for this:
- the area around the eyes is the most sensitive area of the face, because it is the most affected by the environment;
- under the skin of the eyelids, there are practically no muscles and sebaceous glands that could hold the required amount of moisture in the cells;
- the eyelids are constantly in motion, and therefore, without additional care, they quickly stretch and become flabby;
- the skin around the eyes is constantly experiencing stress, which can be caused by a variety of factors – bad habits, unbalanced nutrition, insomnia, chronic diseases of internal organs and beriberi;
- The skin of the eyelids is often in contact with decorative cosmetics, which clogs the pores and provokes a disturbance of oxygen metabolism in the cells, thereby reducing the synthesis of collagen fibers.
In addition, the use of low-quality or improperly chosen care products, wearing lenses, prolonged exposure to a monitor or television, and insufficient fluid intake can affect the condition of the delicate skin around the eyes. Without additional care, the skin of the eyelids becomes thinner, loses its ability to recover, loses its elasticity and becomes more vulnerable to the effects of free radicals, pathogenic bacteria and other negative factors. In order to prevent the occurrence of various problems with the eyelid skin, it is necessary to carry out comprehensive care, including the elimination of various irritating factors and carrying out special cosmetic procedures.
The basic rules of skin care around the eyes
Home care for the skin around the eyes involves its cleansing, moisturizing, nutrition, toning and protection. For these purposes, products with a mild, non-aggressive action should be used: fruits (except citrus fruits), vegetables, berries, milk, cottage cheese, various herbs, fresh greens, vegetable (not essential) oils and tea brewing. These components can be used in pure form or combined with each other, making a variety of cosmetic mixtures.
Since the skin of the eyelids has a sufficiently high sensitivity, care for it should be as gentle as possible, otherwise its condition can only be aggravated. In order to avoid mistakes in the care of the skin around the eyes, you must follow these rules:
- Using decorative cosmetics (mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner), it is necessary to pay attention to its quality and shelf life, otherwise no home remedies can save the eyelid skin from premature aging.
- You can not leave decorative cosmetics in front of the night. All makeup products contain chemicals that penetrate deep into skin cells, interfere with lipid metabolism and interfere with normal collagen synthesis.
- To remove makeup from the eyes, you should use special tools – tonics, milk or gels. Soap for these purposes is undesirable because it dries out the skin and violates its acid-base balance.
- Before going out on the street and at night, it is recommended to apply to the skin of the eyelids cosmetics specifically designed for this area – creams, gels or serums, selected according to age.
- Daily care of the skin around the eyes should include a light massage of this area of the face (it is better to exercise before bedtime). This procedure consists of tapping with fingers on the circumference of the upper and lower eyelids (you can not touch the zone of growth of eyelashes). Such simple manipulations will help improve blood circulation and provide oxygen and nutrients to the skin cells.
- One of the main enemies for delicate skin around the eyes is ultraviolet radiation. Besides the fact that, looking at the sun, you have to constantly squint (and this, as you know, provokes the appearance of wrinkles), so also the skin loses precious moisture. Therefore, in sunny weather before going out, you must wear sunglasses.
Taking into account these simple rules and carrying out a full-fledged care of the skin around the eyes using a variety of means of their own preparation, you can significantly extend the beauty and youth of this delicate part of the face. The main thing – to choose the right recipe masks (creams or compresses) in accordance with their individual characteristics and age. It should not be forgotten that the use of homemade cosmetics for the skin around the eyes requires maximum caution, since particles of the components can get on the mucous membrane of the eyes and cause irritation, damage or inflammation. In order to prevent this, it is desirable to pre-place cosmetic mixtures in gauze folded in 2–3 layers. It is very important that the formulations prepared are not too liquid, otherwise they cannot be avoided in the eyes.
Recipes folk remedies for the skin around the eyes
At home, you can prepare a variety of tools for delicate care of the skin around the eyes, but multicomponent masks are especially popular among them, and they need to be applied to clean skin 2-3 times a week approximately an hour before sleep. If necessary (if you need to quickly eliminate puffiness or redness of the eyelids) cosmetic procedures can be carried out in the morning, but after that it is not recommended to go outside for a while. During the sessions you need to be in the supine position, completely relaxing the muscles of the face. The duration of the masks for the skin around the eyes is 15–20 minutes, after which the agent should be removed with wet disks moistened in warm water, milk or herbal decoction (for example, from chamomile). To enhance the effect after removing cosmetic blends, it is desirable to apply a special cream or gel to the skin.
Moisturizing mask of greens and cottage cheese
The mask, prepared according to this recipe, will help fill the lack of moisture in the skin cells and smooth out fine wrinkles.
- 2 sprigs of parsley and dill;
- 30 grams of cottage cheese;
- 10 ml of olive oil.
Preparation and use:
- Rinse the herbs under running water, dry them and chop them in a blender.
- Mix the green gruel with curd and butter.
- Gently apply the resulting mass on the skin around the eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove with a cotton pad and rinse your face with cool water.
Purifying mask of new potatoes and sour cream
This tool provides a pronounced tightening effect, restores skin elasticity and eliminates puffiness.
- 1 boiled potato;
- 50 g fat sour cream;
- 15 ml almond oil.
Preparation and use:
- Mash the peeled potato into mashed potatoes and add the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the prepared mass on the skin around the eyes, cover with cotton pads soaked in water and leave for 15–20 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with cool water and apply a little nourishing cream on the eyelid skin.
Rejuvenating mask of peach and honey
Peach mask nourishes the skin around the eyes and helps smooth facial wrinkles.
- 1 ripe peach;
- 30 g of honey;
- 10 ml of olive oil.
Preparation and use:
- Mash the peach pulp in mashed potatoes.
- Add honey and butter and mix thoroughly.
- Place the resulting mass in bags of gauze and attach them to closed eyelids.
- After 20 minutes, remove the compresses from the eyes and rinse the skin with cool water.
Coriander Seed Mask Compress Vs Eye Bags
A lotion with a decoction of coriander seeds helps to eliminate dark circles and bags under the eyes, refreshes the skin and relieves fatigue.
- 20 g of coriander seeds;
- 150 ml of boiling water.
Preparation and use:
- Pour boiling water over coriander seeds, cover and leave for an hour and a half.
- Strain the resulting infusion, soak cotton pads in it and apply them to the eyes for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water and apply a moisturizer on the skin around the eyes.
It is easy to care for the skin around the eyes at home, and if you devote enough time to this process, an excellent result will not take long to wait: you will no longer have to worry about crow’s feet, bags and dark circles under your eyes.