Dear readers, do you know grass like knotweed? If not, I strongly advise you to pay attention to it. This grass is needed by all. Why everyone? To begin with, I will briefly say that it removes metal salts, treats arthritis, arthrosis, is good for the kidneys, in gynecology, treats tuberculosis, even helps crush small pebbles, strengthens blood vessels and solves other health problems. Today I want to tell you about the useful and healing properties of a knotweed, where and how this herb is used and whether it can be taken by everyone.
Ant-grass, grass-ants … That’s so gently and poetic in Russian fairy tales and epics it is said about one, quite ordinary plant, which surely has been familiar to every one of us from childhood. Sporysh or mountaineer bird grows literally under our feet, the plant is the most mundane and inconspicuous, but very useful.
This grass can be found near the roads and paths, in the courtyards of residential houses, off the coast of small ponds, it grows everywhere and small birds feed on its seeds until the frost. You must have seen a flock of sparrows by the roads that crawl in the low grass in autumn, chirping merrily, this grass is the knotweed. As soon as it is not called by the people: knotweed, grass-ant, bird buckwheat, roaster, toptun grass, sparrow tongues, but all this is the same plant called the mountaineer.
I myself first met her for a long time. Even when she lived in the Far East. A friend of mine brewed her in a thermos, she treated gynecological diseases. She really helped this grass. Now I myself finish the course of treatment with this herb. I take it for prevention – cleansing the body so that salts do not accumulate, and it very well removes the inflammatory processes in the body, if somewhere there is something, it is good for blood vessels. The course of treatment is usually 3 weeks. Let’s see what this grass looks like.
Knotweed grass. A photo
Knotweed (grass mountaineer bird). Useful and healing properties
The useful and healing properties of knotweed are known for a very long time, it was used in ancient times as a hemostatic and wound-healing agent. Our wise ancestors squeezed the juice out of the grass, soaked them with cloth and placed them on wounds, ulcers, ulcers, bruises, thereby avoiding complications and speeding recovery.
Currently, the properties of this plant are studied more deeply, which allows to expand the range of its action. Vitamins C, K, E, mineral salts, carotene, tannins, essential oils, flavonoids, resins, saponins, coumarins, various acids and much more are found in this grass that is not looking pretty.
The knotweed herb is widely used in official and traditional medicine, as well as in homeopathy, preparations based on it have the following properties:
- blood purifying
- strengthening vessels
Medical grass knotweed (mountaineer). Application
The range of use of knotweed (mountaineer bird) is quite impressive, and the herb is considered low toxic and has a minimum of contraindications, which allows you to take it for a long time for various diseases
- For diseases kidney and bladder long-term use of decoctions and infusions allows to dissolve and remove sand and stones from the kidneys, reduce swelling, remove the inflammatory process in cystitis. With the tendency to stone formation knotweed taken in order to prevent.
- In inflammatory diseases liver and gallbladder knotweed decoction is also used, but in this case it is necessary to consult a doctor, make an ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity to make sure that there are no large stones in the gallbladder. The knotweed copes with small pebbles, and in the presence of large stones any cholagogue is contraindicated.
- For diseases vessels , with hemorrhoids, knotweed helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, improve blood circulation, and normalize blood pressure.
- With internal and uterine bleeding , with hemorrhoids, the knotweed improves blood clotting, thereby accelerating the healing process. But we must understand that, like all herbs, knotweed is used in complex treatment, especially in cases of severe, which include internal bleeding. Without consulting a doctor in this case is not enough.
- The anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties of knotweed (highlander bird) make it possible to use him with colds with fever, as well as with sore throat and gum disease.
- Due to tannins and antimicrobial properties, knotweed is used for treatment of various wounds , cuts that do not heal ulcers.
- The knotweed is also used in the treatment of gout, it helps to remove uric acid salts from the joints, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.
- Tuberculosis, arthritis, arthrosis, diseases of the stomach and intestines also included in the list of diseases in which the knotweed has a healing effect on the body.
How to take knotweed
Take knotweed (mountaineer) in the form of infusions, decoctions or as part of complex medicinal fees. It is best to cook broths and infusions for one day, since within a day their properties are reduced.
Spore’s Infusion (Highlander’s Bird)
It is very simple to prepare the infusion, you need to take a tablespoon of dried, chopped herbs in a glass of boiling water, leave for 30-40 minutes and take 1/4 cup 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
Common knotweed broth
The broth turns out to be more concentrated, to cook it in a glass of boiling water, you need to take two tablespoons of herbs, put all this into a water bath for 15 to 20 minutes, then cool, drain and pour boiled water to a full glass. Take a decoction of 1 – 2 tablespoons before meals.
You can cook the broth and without a steam bath, just boil the grass for 3 – 5 minutes on the smallest fire, then remove from heat and strain after 20 minutes.
Spicoris juice squeezed from fresh herbs that are harvested during its flowering. Juice is recommended to take 1-2 tablespoons two to three times a day before meals for hypertension, for convulsions, for tuberculosis, bowel disease and kidney disease.
For the treatment of wounds and other injuries of the skin, it is also possible to use the juice that is used to wash the wounds and apply dressings soaked in the juice. You can do even easier, wash the grass, dry and grind into a gruel, which is applied under the bandage on the damaged skin.
I propose to watch a video about the useful and healing properties of knotweed grass.
Knotweed grass. Treatment. Recipes
Traditional medicine uses many recipes with knotweed for the treatment of various diseases, it is taken both separately and in combination with other plants that enhance the therapeutic effect of the knotweed. I will give you some of them, perhaps they will be useful to someone.
- Kidney stones mix in equal parts of knotweed grass, bearberry grass and bean leaves, 15 grams of collection (this is about a full tablespoon), pour