Golden milk, or turmeric milk, refers to Ayurvedic drinks. Its value is inherent in its properties and ability to improve the activity of the organism as a whole. The history of this drink, its recipe, what is the effect, whether golden milk with turmeric has contraindications – we will look at this article.
History of golden milk recipe
This drink came to us from India, where it exists from ancient times and is popular now. Attitude to milk in India has always been special, it was believed that it should be used for treatment and to avoid diseases of the nervous and hormonal systems.
There is also a special relationship to turmeric in this country, so it’s not surprising that traditional medicine has combined these two components, and it’s also believed that they can enhance the healing properties of each other. Golden milk in India has always been revered as a drink that carries health and youth.
In traditional medicine of China and India, turmeric, or Indian saffron, as it is called, has long been famous for its ability to cleanse the body. Although in many countries it is perceived simply as a harmless spice. However, if there are certain health problems, it is advisable to minimize the use of turmeric:
- In the presence of stones in the gall and blockage of its paths, as it refers to a strong choleretic means. Symptoms of this situation can be diarrhea and nausea.
- During the reception of any kind of medicines, especially diabetic, as turmeric tends to enhance their action several times. Due to the fact that it is able to thin the blood, it can not be used together with drugs prescribed for varicose veins and heart attack.
- The same applies to both drugs and folk remedies with herbs.
- It has golden milk with turmeric contraindications and during pregnancy. This is due to its ability to improve uterine tone. During the first weeks this is especially true.
How to brew gold milk
The recipe for golden milk with turmeric exists both in the classical form and with additives. Considering that it has been used for a long time and not only in India, then, having become acquainted with it in other countries, people added components to it based on their traditional medicine. In addition, it is known that golden milk can be taken both for general recovery and for the elimination of certain problems. The composition of golden milk:
- Oil GI (baked) or vegetable, for example, almond, sea buckthorn or other.
It should be noted, traditional medicine warns that honey, warmed up higher than 60 degrees, not only loses its healing properties, but can become harmful to the human body. By the way, traditional medicine is already talking about this, so it is better to use it either while drinking or adding to the drink, after preheating a little. So, golden milk from turmeric recipes:
Method number 1. It is necessary to cook pasta from turmeric. For this purpose should be mixed
It is necessary to warm the milk, but in no case bring it to the boil and add 1 teaspoon of pasta to it, 1-2 teaspoons of ghee or vegetable oil. That’s basically it.
Method number 2. Turmeric (1st spoon.) Pour boiling water (