Adolescence is considered one of the most difficult periods in a person’s life. This is a time of acute physical and emotional change. A teenager is no longer a child, but also not an adult, it is a separate kind of society, to which particular attention should be paid.
Most often, their changes, intentionally or not, but they demonstrate their behavior. And there is nothing dangerous in this, against the background of hormonal and emotional processes that take place in the child’s body, another pattern of behavior is being formed. Many parents are interested in why teenagers at this age change so drastically. Why is an intelligent and active child suddenly becoming an inattentive and scattered individual? This behavior has a scientific explanation.
What makes a teenager inattentive?
Adolescence has its own characteristics, which are sometimes very pronounced. One of its frequent symptoms is inattention and absent-mindedness. In medicine, there is such a special diagnosis as inattention – this is a violation of the process of focusing on one subject, an object, caused by a neurosis or another mental disorder. If we talk about undergrowth, then you should not argue that they are all sick. In their case, distraction and attention disorders can be caused by very different factors.
Scientists argue that the main cause of this pathology in adolescence is the characteristics of the growth and development of the brain. The point is that external changes occur earlier than physiological changes in the brain. Therefore, the adult load that falls on the main organ cannot be fully analyzed, part of it is lost.
In addition, other factors related to external and internal influence may influence the attention of a teenager:
- Mental stress on a teenager. During this period, a person receives a lot of new information, which the brain is simply not able to digest, so its centers willfully close down, a so-called defensive reaction arises.
- Priority changes. For the undergrowth is characterized by the formation of their own "I", the leadership and education of their own company. A large amount of attention during this period is spent on love relationships, which are characterized by increased emotionality. Against the backdrop of a bright emotional life, such qualities as attentiveness, prudence, responsibility go by the wayside.
- Irrational food. For normal functioning of the brain, a large amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients is needed. Other organ systems require the same diet, which actively grow and change during adolescence. If a teenager does not receive their required amount, the memory suffers, and, as a result, the level of attentiveness decreases.
- Lack of mode. The child must be accustomed to the exact mode, then his body is easier to cope with all the tasks. For example, every day he has to perform a certain amount of feasible work, then adaptation is easier. And new loads do not bring strong emotional turmoil.
- Full sleep. Teens can stay up all night, walk in games, talk on the phone, read and
How is teenage inattention manifested?
Regardless of the reason for the development of inattention, parents should identify it in time and help the teenager to overcome it. The first signal is often poor school performance. Educators complain about the student, pointing out changes in his grades and behavior.
At this age, inattention is manifested in the form of such signs:
- Forgetfulness and distraction;
- The inability to focus on one action, phenomenon, subject;
- Difficulties in learning, for example, difficulties in learning by heart the verse;
- Excessive fussiness and irritability;
- Loss of interest in everything, even those things that were previously actively interested in;
- Frequent change of activity.
The body of each adolescent develops according to an individual scenario, and in such a delicate period anything can be expected. But do not get hung up on and scold the young man for having forgotten something or lost it. These are temporary signs associated with internal changes, so over time everything will pass. If under such behavior lies a pathological cause and, apart from inattention, other symptoms began to actively manifest themselves, it is worth contacting a specialist.
How to deal with inattention in adolescence?
An inattentive teenager is rather a norm than a deviation, such a phenomenon occurs in 70% of cases. Over time, attention becomes the same, and the problem goes away. In such a delicate period, do not panic, blame your child and scold. Parents should support and help deal with such a problem.
First, you should pay special attention to good nutrition. It must be balanced so that the forces are fully restored. In addition, the teenager should have an idea about the mode of the day. You should not, of course, settle it to sleep in
No need to overload a teenager. Many parents believe that many activities will help improve memory, and, in general, will bring many benefits to the child. In fact, a teenager should only do what he likes and as much time as the program requires. Otherwise – classes will bring only harm.
A teenager is a very delicate matter, it is no longer a child, but also not an adult. At this transitional stage is his physical and moral condition. Inattention appears in such a period as a kind of body reaction. Therefore, to completely overcome it will not work, you can only help a teenager to adapt to adulthood.