What should be the diet for a 40-year-old woman? After 40 years in the woman’s body, restructuring occurs, the metabolism changes – the general metabolism in the woman’s body, that is, the rate of redox reactions begins to fall, and by the age of 40 it decreases by 30%. Accordingly, the lower the metabolism, the faster a woman increases her weight, and the harder it is to lose it – this is one of the reasons why a woman’s abdomen grows after 40.
Features of the female body after 40
Proper nutrition after 40 years for women individually. At different ages, the female body is deficient in specific substances and needs certain products to a greater or lesser extent. The main cause of overweight in old age is the lack of estrogen, which is caused by hormonal changes. The lack of this hormone a woman may experience immediately after menstruation or during its course. At this age, early menopause begins, which actively affects the well-being and appearance of women.
How to lose weight after 40 years a woman?
- Eat 4-6 times a day, servings no more than 200 g, do not skip meals.
- Be sure to have breakfast.
- Exclude alcohol (toxic, calories, kcal are not consumed).
- Exercise stress.
- Drink the daily rate of water.
Diet after 40 years for women menu
- Cottage cheese not more than 5% fat (150 g), dates 3 pieces, 1 tsp. flaxseed oil.
- Kiwi, 2 pcs.
- Soup with chicken and legumes (200 g).
- Carrot and cabbage salad (100 g), boiled sea fish (100 g).
- Boiled eggs 2 pieces, oatmeal with fruit (150 g).
- Yogurt, a handful of nuts.
- Wheat porridge (100 g), boiled chicken fillet (100 g).
- Beet salad (100 g), stuffed fish (100 g).
- Carrot cake, apple.
- Cottage cheese not more than 5% fat (150 g), dried apricots 3 pcs.
- Stewed vegetables with lean meat (200 g).
- Salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, chicken fillet) with vegetable oil (150 g).
- Cheesecakes (100 g), a glass of black currant.
- Braised cabbage in tomato sauce (100 g), baked chicken meat (100 g).
- Corn (100 g), baked fish (100 g).
- Buckwheat porridge (100 g), cereal bread with cheese.
- Yogurt with cereals.
- Steam meatballs (100 g), mashed potatoes (100 g).
- Baked fish with broccoli (150 g).
- Squash pancakes, apple.
- Cottage cheese not more than 5% fat (150 g).
- Lentils (100 g), turkey fillet (100 g).
- Bean lobio (150 g).
- Boiled eggs 2 pieces, wheat porridge (100 g).
- Fruit – kiwi, banana, apple (200 g).
- Soy, vegetable salad (100 g).
- Vegetable stew (150 g).
The winter diet for slimming women after 40 is somewhat different.
In the cold season it is especially worth taking care of the supply of vitamins, it is recommended to freeze fruits, eat seasonal vegetables – beets, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, as well as a sufficient amount of protein and sour-milk products.
How to speed up the metabolism?
The metabolism is influenced by several factors – heredity, age and lifestyle. The lifestyle consists of 2 components – physical activity and proper nutrition. If a diet for a 40-year-old woman is no different from a diet of 25 years, then the metabolism in adulthood will not be able to “digest and utilize” everything that we “put in it”.
What foods help speed up metabolism?
Type of figure – pear (products with high fiber content are needed for this type of shape):
- Almonds and dates (in minimum quantities)
Type of shape – apple (for this type of shape, products with low GI are needed):
- Red pepper
Type of figure – banana (iodine-containing products are needed for this type of figure):
Universal boosters – proteins (fish, eggs, chicken, cottage cheese, spicy seasonings). The body spends up to 30% of energy on digestion of protein foods, that is, by regularly eating protein foods, you can speed up your metabolism by 30%.
Products that contain phytoestrogens
To compensate for the lack of estrogen will help products containing phytoestrogen. This is a plant analogue of this hormone. They will also help the body to move menopause easier. The lack of this hormone causes mood swings, apathy, wrinkles, thinning hair, changing shape.
Phytoestrogens are found in:
- Legumes (lentils, chickpeas, green peas)
- Cabbage (broccoli, cauliflower)
- Flax (seedlings, oil; you can grind and add to dishes)
- Germinated wheat (also contains zinc, calcium and a lot of other trace elements).
- Vegetables, fruits (carrots, beets, apples)
Products that slow down the aging process
- Kiwi, citrus fruits (contain a large amount of ascorbic acid, which is involved in the synthesis of collagen).
- Red, blue grapes, black currants, blueberries, tomatoes (contain a substance that protects eyesight).
- Vegetables – cabbage, beets and others (remove cholesterol, toxic substances, improve the bowels).
- Olive oil and other vegetable oils (help calcium to be absorbed in the bone tissue, they contain vitamin E).
- Apple (source of potassium, necessary for the normal functioning of the heart).
The components of our youth are not only food – it is movement (physical activity), it is food and water. In adulthood, thirst is reduced, but to slow down the aging process you need to literally force yourself to drink. The rate of water at 40 years of age – 30 ml per kg of body weight.
How to reset the belly of a woman after 40 years?
We offer you a set of exercises that will save you from the so-called "rescue belt", sagging sides and flabby tummy. Contraindications: people with acute diseases of the digestive tract, urinary and respiratory systems.
1 exercise "Side plank"
It helps to strengthen the oblique muscles, burning fat in the abdomen.
Starting position – lying on its side, bend the arm to the forearm perpendicular to the body, abut the floor. Keep your knees and feet together, bend your other hand and put it on your hip. We pull in the belly and on the exhale raise the hips from the floor. For 10 seconds we linger at the maximum point and go down. Perform 5 times on each side.
Stay in the previous starting position. On the exhale, we take off again, the hips on the weight, straighten the second arm upwards and twist, stretch our hand to the rib cage on the right side and as if lift ourselves up. Hold for 10 seconds and straighten your arm to the top.
3 exercise "Side twisting with alternate straightening legs"
Starting position – back on the floor, legs bent at the knees, so that the lower leg was parallel to the floor. Arms bent in elbows behind the head. On the exhale, straighten one leg, leaving both legs on the weight, doing twisting – lift up, elbowed to the opposite knee. Do 5 repetitions.
4 exercise "Side tightening the legs to the chest"
We fall on the side, lying down, straight arm in front of the body, palm rests on the floor. The second arm is bent in the elbow behind the head. On the exhale, raise the legs and body, knees pressed to the chest.
5 exercise "Lateral twisting"
We lie down on the floor, legs bent at the knees, lower leg parallel to the floor. Hands behind the head, on the exhale, tear off the shoulders from the floor and stretch our arms to the outside of the right thigh and vice versa.