The exercise bike is an effective means for losing weight and creating a beautiful body. During classes on the exercise bike, a high-intensity aerobic load occurs for the whole body, as a result of which muscles are trained and calories are burned.
- Training is the prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system. With regular exercises, blood pressure stabilizes, the level of cholesterol in the body decreases, and the risk of atherosclerosis decreases.
- Exercise bikes are useful for people suffering from arthritis and experiencing the effects of injuries (for example, fractures), as they do not carry large loads on the joints, knees, ankles.
- Significantly accelerated metabolism. Therefore, systematic workouts can effectively lose weight. So, doing for an hour, you can burn about 500 calories – depending on the selected load.
- Correct body position ensures the prevention of sciatica, osteochondrosis, neuralgia.
- Exercise bikes develop endurance, so that any physical activity will be much easier for you.
- As a reward for systematic classes you will get slim legs, taut buttocks, a flat stomach and elastic skin.
Training on the exercise bike can harm only in case of improper organization of classes. So, if you do not keep your back straight, there is a risk of spoiling your posture. In addition, failure to comply with the sequence and number of loads can cause serious deterioration in health: disruption of the cardiovascular system, injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
In the absence of contraindications and a competent approach, classes will benefit you – getting rid of extra pounds and general strengthening of the body.
What muscles are involved
The opinion that you can pump your legs using an exercise bike is wrong. The fact is that he belongs to cardio-simulators, that is, he trains and develops the respiratory system. Due to the increased heart rate and increased oxygen supply to the body, fat is burned. For gaining relief muscles used power simulators. For example, dumbbells.
The exercise bike affects the muscles of the legs (calf, biceps, and quadriceps muscles of the thighs), buttocks, back, and oblique abdominal muscles. That is, exercise bikes develop the body’s motor activity, increase the flexibility and agility of the body. At the same time the volume of muscles does not increase.
How to choose a bike for weight loss
On the modern market there is a large selection of exercise bikes for the home. They are divided into 4 categories:
- Vertical. Mimic track bike. Their peculiarity lies in the fact that the legs are located in a vertical plane, this allows you to use almost all muscle groups. Vertical exercise bikes are compact and therefore suitable for any premises. Cost: 15,000 – 60,000 rubles (4,000 – 15,000 hryvnia).
- Horizontal. Horizontal landing allows you to not load your back. This is the best choice for people who have back problems. Cost: 25,000 – 80,000 rubles (6,000 – 2,000 hryvnia).
- Portable. Created for those who do not want to interrupt the struggle for harmony, even during travel (for example, on business trips). Portable simulators are convenient for transportation, therefore they are characterized by compactness. However, their disadvantage is the uneven distribution of the load during training. Cost: 4000 – 10,000 rubles (1,000 – 3,000 hryvnia).
- Hybrid. They are a combination of vertical and horizontal simulators. With the ability to adjust the chair, workouts can be performed while sitting or lying down. Hybrid simulators are suitable for all family members, including the elderly. Cost: 90000 – 240,000 rubles (23,000 – 80,000 hryvnia).
Choosing an exercise bike for weight loss, pay attention to its parameters and characteristics
1) Pulse measurement system.
2) Resistance system:
- Mechanical: simple and economical option. Made in the form of a belt that provides resistance when exercising on the simulator. The load level is controlled by the degree of tension. This system has low wear resistance.
- Magnetic: more functional, refers to the average price category. Resistance is created by built-in magnetic rows with a flywheel. The load level is adjustable manually. These shells have an improved design and are equipped with an embedded computer.
- Electromagnetic: used in expensive simulators, which are equipped with a functional computer with a set of special programs for training. The resistance is adjusted automatically; the program chooses the load independently, depending on the training stage.
3) Functions: calorie counter, distance calculation, speed control and
4) The weight for which it is designed.
5) The manufacturer and quality of the simulator (carefully inspect all the details, try to sit on it).
6) Dimensions – for a convenient location in your home.
Slimming Training Program
Be sure to perform the warm-up: jumping, squats, pushups, exercises for the respiratory system. Stretch your muscles to prevent sprains. This is also necessary if your main goal is to lose weight in the legs. During this time, the respiratory and circulatory systems will tune in to work, and this is necessary for intensive fat burning directly during exercise. That is, having made a warm-up, you will spend more calories during classes on the exercise bike.
There are several training programs. Their intensity depends on the initial level of physical fitness. The essence of the program is to gradually increase the load at which weight loss occurs without damage to the body.
This level is intended for physically unprepared people. Its feature is a smooth increase in the duration of the load up to 30 minutes. Programs should be followed for 6-8 weeks.
- 3-4 classes per week;
- the duration of one is 30 minutes (without warming up);
- pulse intensity – 60-70% of the maximum age;
- step frequency – no more than 50 per minute.
Slimming and fixing the result
The most active phase of the sequential load to lose weight. It can be followed even after losing weight, to keep fit. The duration of the program is individual, as the speed of weight loss depends on the characteristics of the organism.
- Classes are held 4-6 times a week;
- the duration of one is 45 minutes (without warming up);
- pulse intensity – 70-80% of the maximum age;
- frequency steps – 50-60 per minute.
Daily activities are not recommended to anyone, because the body needs time to recover.
For the elderly
The exercise bike is an excellent tool that allows older people to stay in good shape. Exercise bikes are recommended for problems with bones, back, legs. They help reduce pain in osteoporosis, arthritis, and even reverse bone degeneration. Exercise training is an effective prevention of stroke, thrombosis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and obesity. In addition, exercise on a stationary bike improves sleep, stimulates blood circulation, relieves fatigue and strengthens the immune system, which becomes weaker with age.
An elderly person should train in a comfortable mode. It should start with a minimum intensity, slowly increasing the level of load. The rate must be determined by a specialist, based on the individual characteristics and state of human health. Older people are recommended to train for no more than 40 minutes a day under the supervision of a trainer. It is important to observe the drinking regime: you should drink