Gastritis is a disease characterized by periods of exacerbation and remission. That’s about the period of aggravation and our conversation will go. Most often, patients find that the exacerbation began in the spring-summer period. Doctors explain such a frequency by the fact that at this time of the year many fresh fruits and vegetables appear in the shops and patients simply forget about the recommendations of the doctors, consuming a huge amount of fiber. Treatment of acute gastritis, First of all, you should start by balancing or balancing your daily diet, and only then, if the symptoms persist, resort to drugs.
Exacerbation of gastritis can be caused by autumn-spring stress and vitamin deficiency. In addition, the following factors may be causes of exacerbations:
For the prevention and treatment of gastritis and peptic ulcer, our readers recommend a proven gastric collection for gastrointestinal diseases. Read the opinion of doctors.
- The patient’s use of an unbalanced diet for weight loss;
- Failure of diet;
- Drinking and smoking;
- Stress and even if it is burdened by chronic fatigue;
- Accompanying illnesses;
- Food poisoning and overeating.
Symptoms during exacerbation
Symptoms of exacerbation of gastritis may appear sharply, or there is a gradual increase in intensity. But in any case, the first appearance of the following symptoms requires an appeal to the doctor:
- A feeling of discomfort that goes into pain. It is felt on the left in the region of the stomach;
- As usual, the inflammatory process of the gastric mucosa is accompanied by intoxication (poisoning) of the body;
- Unreasonable weight loss and loss of appetite;
- Attacks of nausea with the transition to vomiting. There is dryness in the mouth;
- Increased salivation;
- Heartburn, belching and bloating;
- Constipation or diarrhea;
- If a patient has gastritis in an erosive form, then blood stains are possible in the fecal masses.
If you find yourself having the above symptoms, it is best to contact your doctor right away, and you may be able to stop the aggravation at the beginning of the process.
For each patient, the severity of symptoms is individual. For example, the pain of one may be constant, the other appear before eating or vice versa after it. The intensity of the pain depends on how strong the inflammatory process of the gastric mucosa and how long the patient suffers from this disease.
Therefore, a timely request for medical care allows, as accurately as possible to make an individual treatment plan. This will avoid serious complications.
Features of the diet during exacerbation
Diet for gastritis in the acute stage, from the diet for gastritis in acute form is almost the same. Well, except in some small things. The principle of the selection of dishes and products is that the food consumed does not irritate or injure the damaged gastric mucosa. In addition, the menu should be chosen from at least some favorite foods and products, otherwise stress will be formed, which will further aggravate gastritis. Appetite, digestion is very much dependent on the psychological state of a person, and with stomach ailments and restrictions on food choices, this dependence is further enhanced. Already compiled, for example, for the next three days or a week, the menu will allow the patient to come to terms with the idea of what he has to eat, mashed soups, vegetable purees and freshly baked fresh food.
The period of a sparing diet should last at least as long as the exacerbation of gastritis lasts, and also continue for another 4-6 days after stopping the exacerbation. It is strictly necessary to avoid abrupt transitions from a sparing diet to the usual menu, this may trigger a new attack of aggravation.
What can you eat during exacerbations of gastritis? Practically all patients ask this question. When gastritis in the acute stage of the patient for consumption is recommended the following products:
- White bread – it should be slightly dried, preferably yesterday’s pastries. It is also allowed to use non-baked pastries. As baking, eggs, cottage cheese, rice, and ground boiled meat are allowed;
- Soups are recommended to be prepared on the basis of vegetable broths with the addition of vegetables, various cereals or noodles. It is allowed to use meat or fish broths, but without fat, lean;
- Meat only lean (preferably white), fish. You can use dairy and meat products approved for baby food;
- Porridge cooked in water. With a strong desire, water can be diluted by a third with non-fat milk;
- Pasta exclusively boiled;
- Omelette steamed, you can also cook soft-boiled eggs;
- Sour milk products only in fresh form;
- Apple or pear puree. Sour compote, jam, jelly;
- You can drink teas, and the best herbal infusions.
As usual, on the first day after going to a doctor it is recommended to hold a fasting day and only after that go on a diet.
Diet during exacerbation of gastritis should not primarily contain all sorts of seasonings, spices and irritating additives. Very scrupulous and careful it is necessary to choose products on the first day of exacerbation of the disease or in case of primary symptoms. Food discharge is shown at this time. The amount of food consumed should be reduced by half, and eat more often – 4-5 times a day.
In the first 3-5 days it is strictly forbidden to use products that can cause a new stage of exacerbation. These include:
- Sour-milk, dairy products, dishes based on them, for example, okroshka on kefir, mashed potatoes with milk, tea with milk;
- All types of pastries, including pastry pastry;
- Animal fats, including dishes in fatty meat broths;
- Products containing preservatives;
- Raw vegetables and fruits;
- Spices, spices, smoked and dried foods;
- Cereals: legumes, peas, barley and wheat;
- Butter, margarine and fats.
Often, patients mistakenly begin to use milk and dairy products, thereby prolonging the process of exacerbation. It is also noteworthy that all sorts of dairy and kefir diets, even in a healthy person in principle, who did not have problems with the stomach, can cause exacerbation of gastritis. Despite the great benefit of fermented milk products, in some cases they can harm the body. Such a situation may occur in people with latent or overt lactose intolerance. In this case, gastritis and manifestations of its acute form can be a complication of an allergic reaction.
Vegetables and fruits in their raw form are not allowed in principle to patients with a history of stomach ailments and gastritis in any form. Such people should eat fresh vegetables only when they are in remission no more than 2 times a week in the form of salads with a small amount of oil, preferably olive or hemp. In addition, vegetable dishes should be one-component. For example, a standard salad of cucumbers and tomatoes should be avoided, it is better to eat these vegetables separately. Tomatoes salad is better to fill with sugar and butter. Tomatoes with salt is the strongest irritant of the mucous. Tomato ketchup, pasta, sauces should also be used with caution, and if gastritis has worsened, then this product should not be consumed during the first month after aggravation and should be avoided.
To the question that arose what to eat when aggravated gastritis can be cited as an example, the following menu. When exacerbating gastritis, patients are advised to stick to approximately the following menu. In the first week:
- For breakfast, boiled 2 soft boiled eggs and a glass of milk;
- For the second breakfast (lunch) fruit jelly is recommended;
- For lunch – soup with mashed rice, meat souffle and fruit jelly;
- At lunch tea a glass of milk and you can still half a glass of rosehip broth;
- Dinner should consist of a soft-boiled egg and semolina porridge with the addition of butter.
In the second week of the exacerbation of the menu, you can slightly diversify:
- Breakfast of mashed buckwheat porridge with steamed fish meatballs and a glass of milk;
- For lunch, fruit jelly;
- Lunch milk soup with pureed vermicelli, steamed meat patty, mashed potatoes with butter. Fruit jelly and white bread croutons;
- Tea time consists of broth hips with the addition of honey;
- For dinner you can cook meat soufflé, fruit jelly and white croutons;
- Bedtime glass of milk.
In the following weeks, until the complete exacerbation of the menu can be done the following:
- For breakfast, we prepare a soft-boiled egg, semolina on milk with a piece of butter;
- For lunch, use grated cottage cheese, in which you can add a little sour cream;
- Dine potato soup with white crackers and baked chicken fillet. Vegetable puree and tea with milk;
- We dine fruit jelly and broth hips;
- Dinner – vermicelli with a side dish of fish patties, white compote and croutons;
- At bedtime, a constant glass of milk.