November 16, 2016, 10:55 Expert article: Svetlana Aleksandrovna Nezvanova 1 Comment 49,237
An important role in the treatment of the inflammatory process in the gastric mucosa is played by proper nutrition, therefore, the diet with exacerbation of gastritis is along with drug therapy. This form of gastritis is accompanied by painful symptoms, which significantly impairs the quality of life of the patient. To correct the situation and get rid of unpleasant sensations, it is necessary to correct the menu and exclude from it all products that are capable of irritating an already inflamed organ. To make it easier to get used to the new diet, nutritionists recommend to paint for the week an exemplary menu.
Features of the diet with gastritis in the acute stage
Hot or, conversely, cold dishes, spices, pickles and seasonings are provoking factors for the exacerbation of gastritis. To avoid inflammation on the mucous membrane, it is necessary to abandon such food, which is able to irritate the walls of the stomach and intensify the inflammatory process on them. In case of gastritis at the stage of exacerbation, one should strictly adhere to the therapeutic diet and in the first days it is important to completely refuse to eat.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking only liquid, it can be mineral water, warm, weakly brewed tea and wild rose water, which you need to consume at least 2 liters per day.
On the second and subsequent days, the patient needs to gradually expand his diet and include products that are steamed or boiled and without the addition of spices and salt. Food during exacerbation of gastritis has the following features:
- food should be rubbed, as rough pieces are hard to digest, which is not under the strength of a weakened stomach;
- the number of meals per day should be at least 5, while portions should be made small and avoid overeating;
- food should be consumed at the optimum temperature; it should not be too hot and cold;
- cooking technology eliminates roasting products, only steaming or boiling is allowed;
- The use of fatty and hard-to-digest foods, such as seeds, nuts and chocolate, is contraindicated;
- the duration of a strict diet can reach 14 days, but in some cases 7 days are enough;
- in medicine, a diet for acute gastritis is referred to as “Table No. 5a”.
A glass of purified water in the morning will help to clear the body of mucus accumulated overnight.
In addition, for the treatment of both acute and chronic gastritis, it is important to observe the following recommendations, which will help to quickly recover the inflamed gastric mucosa:
- Drink a glass of purified water in the morning on an empty stomach. This method will help to clear the body of mucus accumulated during the night.
- Avoid stressful situations. In case of nervous overstrain, irritation of the gastric mucosa occurs through signals from the cerebral cortex.
- Follow the diet. Eating food should be fractional and preferably at the same time, this will avoid unnecessary production of gastric juice.
- Include in the diet a sufficient amount of fiber. With its help, the work of the stomach is stimulated and cleansed.
Back to table of contents
Food during exacerbation
What can you eat?
Gastroenterologists recommend including products in the diet that have a beneficial effect on the gastric mucosa. These include:
- skim cheese;
- lean meat and fish;
- boiled soft-boiled eggs;
- olive oil;
- pasta casseroles;
- ground puddings;
- hard soft cheese;
- butter, but not more than 50 g per day;
- protein omelette;
- rosehip decoction;
- buckwheat, semolina;
- diluted fruit juices;
- green tea;
- vegetable puree;
- berry jelly.
Back to table of contents
During the period of exacerbation of gastritis or in its chronic form, products with pronounced acidity, taste and sharpness, as well as enhancing gastric activity, are equally contraindicated. The list of banned products is as follows:
- alcoholic beverages;
- sausages and nipples;
- strong tea and coffee;
- smoked meat;
- pickled vegetables;
- dried flakes;
- tomatoes and tomato paste;
- processed cheese;
- ice cream.
Back to table of contents
Exacerbation and reduced acidity of the stomach
In acute gastritis, the patient is worried about such symptoms: heartburn, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, dull pain in the abdomen after eating, bloating, flatulence, belching, and also putrid breath from the mouth. To avoid this symptoms, the patient is recommended to eat as follows:
- To eat steam cakes, pasta, cottage cheese.
- Drink lightly brewed tea with milk.
- Instead of fresh bread, use crackers.
- Include greens and fruits in the treatment menu.
The diet should last at least 30 days and throughout the entire period the patient needs to evaluate his state of health. The main objective is to minimize the inflammatory process and further it is important that the production of hydrochloric acid be resumed. To do this, it is recommended to use pickled cucumbers, to eat broths from meat, and also, according to doctors, it will be useful to drink freshly squeezed lemon juice of weak concentration. When gastritis is accompanied by a low level of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice, it is contraindicated for the patient to use baking, whole milk, raisins, prunes and fresh bread.
Recipes of popular dishes
Treatment of chronic gastritis or its exacerbation is carried out using diet table number 5, which includes various dishes, the following are considered the most popular:
- Rice and corn soup. For its preparation it is necessary to boil the meat, cut into cubes, and rice for 20 minutes. Add diced potatoes to the broth and when it is ready, pour out the prepared rice and corn. Soup can be slightly salted and add greens to it.
- Rice porridge with pumpkin. You need to boil