After removal of the appendix is required to adhere to a certain type of food for several months to avoid complications. However, not all patients strictly follow the instructions of the attending physician and change their taste preferences. Observe the first day of the diet after the removal of appendicitis is easy. The body, after severe stress, which is any surgical intervention, uses internal resources, and the rejection of food is transferred relatively easily. Then diet after appendicitis it expands, but its units are observed, which is fraught with a long wound healing and complications of the gastrointestinal tract.
How should I restructure my food after appendectomy?
It is necessary to eat in small portions every two to three hours. This is an undeniable plus. diets after appendicitis surgery. The gastrointestinal tract begins to work on the clock, which has a positive effect on overall well-being. But if you do not differ in discipline or do not have the opportunity to have a snack every two hours, then this rule can cause a failure from the diet after appendicitis removal at all. How to be someone who does not have time to cook fresh food several times a day? Take note of baby puree. This is a quick and convenient way to eat at any time. With the help of such mashed potatoes, you will be able to replenish the stock of necessary calories in the body at the expense of meat and fish, which can not be consumed in its pure form for a month.
The reason for the rejection of the postoperative diet after appendicitis removal may be the need to supply liquid or gel-like food. A huge number of patients and after the operation continue to eat bread, eating them all the dishes. Fiber should not be consumed during the first week. Nutritionists advise to limit the choice of dishes that do not require the use of bread – low-fat broth, vegetable puree without adding a large amount of oil. Sweet flour products are allowed to use only one month after the operation. This rule is difficult to comply with when outside the hospital. If you can not refuse sweets, then replace them with fruit purees and jelly. In the extreme case, buy bread – they contain the necessary fiber, while reducing the amount of carbohydrates.
A special diet is needed after myocardial infarction, more: Diet after heart attack.
A big minus of the diet after appendicitis is removed is the need to count calories. It is necessary for the body to replenish lost strength and continue to fully function. The exact amount of calories needed per day must be calculated individually, taking into account lifestyle and many other parameters, so you should definitely consult a nutritionist or an endocrinologist after one or two days after surgery. So that your menu does not turn into a monotonous set of mashed potatoes, plan in advance what and when you eat. Do not forget that legumes can be consumed three months after the removal of appendicitis, so you cannot use pea puree.
What to do if you broke the diet?
Disruption of nutrition in the first week after surgery is fraught with serious complications. If you could not resist and ate a salad filled with mayonnaise and a large plate of fat borsch, then urgent measures should be taken: take preparations that improve the body’s fermentation. Over the next day, discharge your intestines as much as possible to minimize a similar impact on the gastrointestinal tract. In the future, try not to disturb the postoperative diet after appendicitis removal. Ask relatives and friends with whom you daily communicate, monitor and support you.
How to feed a child after appendectomy?
The diet for children after appendicitis is based on the same principles as for adults. Surgical intervention for the child is the strongest emotional shock that many parents try to cover with various sweets and from the very first hours they offer chocolate or sweet carbonated drinks to the crying child. Children’s endocrinologist will help you to create a menu for the child.
Follow these tips:
- the child’s diet should be varied, so cook or purchase different flavor combinations in a mashed potatoes;
- food should be slightly heated;
- count calories and keep a balance of macro – and micronutrients;
- choose soluble forms of multivitamin complexes.
Diet after appendicitis in children It is very difficult both for the child and for the parents. Remember that in the child’s diet the first two weeks there were no dairy products. They cause fermentation in the intestines, leading to flatulence and postoperative complications. On the other hand, the complete elimination of milk and its derivatives deprives the child of an additional source of calcium. To solve this problem, it is not necessary to violate the diet for appendicitis in children – the required amount should be replenished with the help of drugs. Be sure to check with the pediatrician the necessary concentration of calcium in the growing body, so as not to provoke diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Some nutritionists believe that a child during the postoperative diet can consume a small amount of cheese. Choose solid varieties, with no added flavoring. After the first feeding with cheese, carefully watch the reaction of the gastrointestinal tract, if your child has discomfort in the intestines, or changes in stool, then try to maximally relieve this system of the body with the help of enzymatic preparations. In the first month try to cook by languishing. So you save the maximum nutritional value of dishes.
Special nutrition is necessary after the removal of stones, details: Diet after removal of stones.
Diet for appendicitis in adults aims to replenish the body’s energy reserves and maintain its normal functioning after serious stress.
The disadvantages of this power system are:
- discipline and willpower on the part of the patient are necessary, especially after discharge from the hospital and removal of postoperative sutures;
- count calories;
- it is necessary to replenish the stock of micro and macro elements with the help of multivitamin complexes.
Solutions to these problems lie in the correct attitude of the patient. Doctors should describe in detail the nutritional system of the postoperative diet. If you do not receive the necessary advice, then contact an endocrinologist – a nutritionist.
Indisputable advantage of the diet after appendicitis for adults is the ability to completely change your taste habits and begin to eat right, gradually expanding your diet with healthy foods. A disciplined approach to own nutrition is necessary for every person. To make it easier to sustain a diet, nutritionists advise to take this opportunity to change the way of eating from the positive side. If you constantly think that you have lost your favorite cakes and sausages, then you will most likely break. Teach yourself to think through the menu in advance and cook your own food, learn simple and quick recipes.
Phlegmonous appendix diet after surgery
Phlegmonous appendicitis requires careful adherence to the postoperative diet, since this disease is already complicated. Be attentive to the drinking regime. It is necessary to expand the diet gradually, starting with water and weak tea. Nutritionists advise brewing tea with the addition of various firming and immunizing herbs. Discard the packaged types of this drink. Carefully study the pharmacological dynamics of the selected phytotherapeutic drug. It should not have a laxative or strengthening effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Compotes should not be too sweet and complex in composition. If you can not be limited to water and tea for a long time, then start cooking fruit drinks and jelly. They are allowed from the first days after removal of phlegmonous appendicitis. Do not buy factory-made dry mixes that contain a large amount of flavors and preservatives. They additionally load the gastrointestinal tract. According to most nutritionists, this food system with the gradual introduction of products into the diet should be perfectly observed by patients of all ages after a phlegmonous appendicitis. Otherwise, the healing of postoperative wounds can last several months.
Diet after appendicitis with peritonitis
Diet after surgery of appendicitis with peritonitis requires the patient to pay special attention to their health. Strict drinking regime must be observed during the first months of the postoperative period. The attending physician will help you calculate the required amount of fluid. If you decide to do it yourself, be sure to consider soups and other liquid dishes. Nutritionists advise to gradually increase the amount of fluid so that the body has time to adapt. A plus diet after surgery for appendicitis with peritonitis is the normalization of the drinking regime, which is disturbed in ninety percent of the population. In the future, it will be easier for you to maintain it throughout your life, correcting it if necessary. The complete elimination of preservatives and hot spices causes some difficulties for patients to fulfill these conditions. Be sure to cook yourself, preferring cooking, stewing, steaming, and stewing other thermal types of food processing. Contrary to the opinion of some nutritionists who advise raw foods, this nutritional system is contraindicated for persons undergoing gastrointestinal surgery complicated by peritonitis. The choice of food for raw food is limited to cereals, fruits, vegetables and nuts. Recent products load the gastrointestinal tract no less than meat.
Diet from cellulite will help get rid of orange peel on the thighs and buttocks, in more detail: A diet from cellulite is the opinion of a nutritionist, advice, recommendations.
How to finish a diet after appendicitis removal?
– if you are disciplined to follow nutritional recommendations from the attending physician, then there should not be an abrupt transition to the usual diet. The gradual expansion of the list of approved products will allow to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract and maintain full functioning throughout life.
– Strictly follow the established diet limits. This will save you from postoperative complications and additional problems from other body systems.
– do not immediately eat all prohibited foods. This is the main mistake of most people. After a long limitation of fatty, fried foods, seasoned with spices and sweets, the body is not able to cope with such a load. Start frying foods without adding oil, eat the most digestible food. If you feel you are not able to limit yourself anymore, then significantly reduce the portion and eat it very slowly, chewing food thoroughly. Such a psychological technique undoubtedly acts, in the opinion of nutritionists of the whole world. The brain will receive a signal that the desired product has been eaten and will cease to be so desirable for you.
– Increase calories gradually if a nutritionist or endocrinologist did not count them for you individually during the postoperative period. The specialist will help to make a full-fledged diet, which does not require major corrections. After exceeding the required number of calories, arrange fasting days. But remember that their number should not exceed four.
– Do not forget about the positive mood. Your positive perception of the situation will not only facilitate a speedy recovery, but also change your life for the better. Nutritional problems are experienced by most people in the country because they do not have the opportunity to contact the necessary professional or enough motivation to change their diet. Postoperative diet after appendicitis removal is an excellent opportunity to learn to treat your health responsibly.