In Russia, a diet with such a name among the favorites is not listed yet, while in the US it is rapidly gaining momentum and in 2012–2013 it ranked first in the ranking of the most popular diets! It is worth looking at it more closely.
HOW DIET AGAINST HYPERTENSION APPEARED
The idea of this diet appeared in the United States 20 years ago. Overseas doctors, concerned about the growing number of people suffering from high blood pressure, decided to create a special nutrition system for the treatment of hypertension without pills. The result of the five-year effort of scientists is a new concept of DASH nutrition – Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, in the Russian translation of the DPG,
WHAT IS NEEDED? DASH
Here is what the DASH diet should be:
- Whole Grain Products – up to 8 servings per day. A serving size corresponds to a slice of bread, 30 grams of dry cereal, or about half a cup of ready-made cereal, pasta, and
If all conditions are met, the ration will be balanced, and the menu is tasty and satisfying, because it is supposed to “master” from 1600 to 3100 kcal per day, an average of about 2000 kcal (there are 4 diet plans, it’s better if the calorie corridor is calculated by the doctor).
WE’RE LOSING GOOD ON DASH
DASH diet does not help to lose weight "10 kg per week for the holiday." After all, its goal is, first of all, to prevent the main complication of excess weight – high blood pressure. After analyzing the DASH-ration, you immediately understand: there are practically no banned products in it, the principle of fragmentation is observed. DASH-diets can be followed for life.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES DASH-DIETS
- Absolutely safe for health;
- Allows not only to lose weight, but to reduce the risk of developing diseases caused by obesity;
- Enough nourishing;
- It forms the habit of eating right, discourages the taste of harmful food; the results of the diet are stored for a long time and forever;
- A “food basket” for this diet is cheaper than traditional food.
- It requires some effort at the initial stage, when a person needs to understand the basic principles of diet;
- Does not allow to lose weight quickly;
- Food will have to cook on their own, which is difficult for those who are accustomed to eat in catering or buy ready meals.
WHAT PREPARE BY DASH
A collection of recipes for DASH in the United States produced a great many, and in each – hundreds of tasty and figure-safe dishes. Here are two examples:
Dijon Baked Salmon
Would need: 150 ml of 10% sour cream, 2 tbsp. l dried dill, 3 tbsp. l chopped green onions, 2 tbsp. l Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp. l lemon juice, 600 g salmon fillet, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp ground black pepper.
What to do: Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Put sour cream, dill, onion, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Lightly grease the baking sheet or the form with vegetable oil, lay the salted portions of the salmon skin down. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper, then pour over the sauce. Bake until cooked for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
In each serving 370 kcal and 16 fat.
Would need: 1 apple "Granny Smith", 2 tbsp. l lemon juice, 150 g of lettuce (or other salad), ½ cup dried cranberries, 2 tbsp. l crushed walnuts, 2 tbsp. l unsalted sunflower seeds, 50 ml low-fat salad dressing with olive oil.
What to do: Cut the apple with the skin into thin slices, sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix lettuce, dried cranberries, apple, walnuts and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl. Pour with dressing and serve.
In each serving 356 kcal and 13 fat.