We all know very well that the art of belly dancing comes from the Middle East. At that time, eastern women performed it at certain moments of life, symbolizing their extraordinary femininity and sensuality.
Fans of this direction of dance sincerely believe that with its help you can also easily get rid of extra pounds, the main thing is to learn the right movements.
This, in fact, makes belly dancing not only a pleasant exercise, but also a good alternative to various low-calorie diets and sports loads.
Although what is there to be surprised!? Since ancient times, there are special techniques that even today surpass many modern methods of body correction.
What is the use of belly dance for weight loss?
Eh, how many women dream of thin aspen waist and beautiful hips. And how often it happens – these particular parts of the body are the main culprits of all their claims and troubles.
And in the first place, this is due to the fact that in the female body, due to certain anatomical and physiological features, there is an accumulation of fat deposits in the hips and abdomen, which, moreover, is very difficult to eliminate from there. And not every physical activity is able to cope with this, as many sports weight loss programs, paying particular attention to the whole body, do not have enough effect on these zones.
But belly dancing for the belly is something extraordinary! A pleasant rhythmic melody sounds, you are dressed in a beautiful outfit and perform smooth and plastic movements, but at the same time are quite intense. This will allow you not only to remove the extra centimeters of waist, but also raise a good mood, help to make the muscles more elastic, and the posture is particularly graceful.
Dance must continue as long as the music will sound. But, fortunately, the oriental compositions are built in such a way that there is enough time for qualitative changes in the body.
In addition, during the dance there are very positive changes in the body: blood flow increases, metabolic processes are accelerated, which is an additional advantage in the breakdown of fat.
As the main axiom of weight loss says – to reduce excess weight you need to spend more energy than you get with food during the day. And the best option to achieve such a calorie deficit is recognized regular physical activity. So, belly dancing is the very sports method, which, according to experts, can easily replace the classic cardio.
But do not forget that in any sports, to achieve the desired effect will help the unquestioning adherence to the principles of proper nutrition. You can stick to a low-calorie diet or even just eat moderately, the main thing is not to abuse it with various tasty foods, fat and fried.
By the way, with the help of such dances you will not be able to build muscle, but only bring them into a great tone. Therefore, if you want to make the stomach "cubes", and the buttocks more rounded, you need to additionally perform a set of strength exercises.
How to choose the right place to learn belly dancing?
1. Before you decide to do belly dancing, ask yourself the question – do you really want it. Very often, character and temperament are not the best allies in such endeavors, and further training simply will not bring you the expected satisfaction. Maybe Bellydance is not for you and you should find yourself something more rhythmic and intense.
3. Before enrolling in a group, ask about the age of other participants. And if there is an opportunity, it is better to attend a trial training as an observer. This will help you to orient at the level of preparation and get a practical idea about these oriental dances.
4. And most importantly – do not miss classes, because in this case you also need a systematic approach.
Basic belly dance movements
If you decide to master the dance at home, then you need to familiarize yourself with several of his basic movements. Of course, it is very difficult to learn all the wisdom of dance, but there are a couple of moments that, in any case, you will sooner or later come in handy.
- Exercise "rocking the hips." Starting position: legs together, knees slightly bent. Begin to perform the movement of the hips, as if alternately swinging them up and down. This exercise perfectly improves the tone of many muscles: internal, external and hind back muscles, as well as the back, buttocks and abs.
- Exercise "eight." Starting position: straighten up, legs pressed together. Perform movements of the hips in the form of eight (rhythmically and smoothly as possible). At the same time, make sure that the upper part of the body always remains stationary.
- Exercise "smile". Starting position: feet shoulder width, posture as flat as a string. Movement must be performed by the pubic part of the abdomen, lifting sharply upwards. This exercise is not always possible to make for beginners, but its technique must be mastered, as it perfectly strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Exercise "undressing." Take a deep slow breath and perform an imitation of how you take off your jacket (at least three times).
Many naively believe that homework is a great alternative to a dance school. However, this opinion is very controversial, because it is rather difficult to master the technique of correct movements on your own.
But if you nevertheless decided to fulfill this desire, then you should purchase a special disc for beginning dancers, in which a good master class from famous oriental dancers will be selected or watch the next video.
Video belly dance lesson for beginners
Slimming with belly dance: reviews of girls
Alice: “… I have been practicing oriental dances for more than seven years, and three of them have been teaching them myself. So, if you are engaged and something is not working out for you, do not despair, this is quite normal for beginners. The main thing is not to stop! As for losing weight, everything is different here: someone does it, but someone doesn’t … For example, my stomach has become more round on the contrary, but I even like my husband a lot too … "
Lena: “… When I came to the dance for the first time, I didn’t have a belly. My teacher always said that it would be harder for me to do all the necessary movements, because there is no fatty tissue. Now the tummy is already rounded, although the weight is in place. Miracles … "
Svetlana: “… For me, belly dancing literally replaces everything – gymnastics, sports, and the mood is rising, that the husband does not like it. For the first time I met oriental dances visiting friends, and it was performed by real professionals, it was something. I was just crazy about ecstasy, and on arrival home I decided to reproduce all this at the mirror. Of course, it was ridiculous, but, nevertheless, I lost pounds in a couple of days! Next, a trip to a professional, and now 14 years, as I dance. I became thin (my dream from my childhood came true) and I had a waist! … "
Daria: “… Thanks to the dance, I lost my rounded tummy, but my sides still don’t want to leave, although I also do twisting and other strength exercises – but so far to no avail! In general, my attitude is, of course, combat, and I don’t even plan to stop … ”
Zoya: “… A couple of years ago I was very full, then I got tired of everything, my husband became uninteresting, I do not live as I want, but I go with the flow. And then at one point, I decided to change everything. First I decided to run in the mornings, swim in the pond every day (we just have it not far from home), and even during the cold season. I reviewed my food and went to the oriental dance with my friend, so to speak for the company.
At first I thought that not for long, but then, when the first results appeared, the decision to leave disappeared by itself. Now I do not like my reflection in the mirror, not only did I lose a lot of extra weight, so I began to feel much better. Her back had stopped hurting, her shortness of breath had disappeared, her intestines had returned to normal. In short, I advise everyone! … "